Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:21:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA not able to handle IoT? Issues don't end...  (Read 625 times)
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:32:17 AM

This is why I'm telling people and my friends that IOTA is way overprices, especially at the end of 2017 when it had 14B market cap. The idea is very good, but a good realization is still missing.

I think the price will continue to decline and we may even see it under a buck!
You're joking right? Do you even know much great things are lined up for this year? IOTA will be added to lots of new exchanges (and maybe even forex exchanges) once IXI hub is finished, big companies like Bosch and Volkswagen are going to unveil their applications with IOTA. Furthermore, their Q project will be unveiled which is probably about dedicated ternary hardware and distributed computing. I think IOTA is currently the only project that is able to really start moving things, and the price will follow.

Just because "great things" are lined up doesn't really add value to a project, actually. If the first things that come to mind as "Great" is listing on exchanges, then you've really got to examine what you think you mean by a project's value. I know tons of alts that are listed on X number of sites. But who is using them for their intended purpose?

Bosch? Volkswagen? I hope this won't turn out to be another Microsoft "I'm sorry we retract that statement".

Iota is like most alts... starting to really move, but nowhere solid yet. That's why I think it's overpriced too (like a lot of others).

Exactly my thoughts on reading his response. From when adding a coin to more exchanges when it's already trading on Bitfinex, OkEx and Binance is "great things".

If a big conglomerate like Bosch or Volkswagen really introduced an app based on IOTA, then this will be big. But I don't believe it until I see it...

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
zhukovt34

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

Augmented Reality World Discovered

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:18:54 AM

The time will tell guys, but it is childish to say that Iota have no future, IOT must find platform to implement in society and IoTA is one of best bet...
Again time will tell!

ThatsABity

Activity: 116
Merit: 36

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:18:02 PM

This is why I'm telling people and my friends that IOTA is way overprices, especially at the end of 2017 when it had 14B market cap. The idea is very good, but a good realization is still missing.

You're joking right? Do you even know much great things are lined up for this year? IOTA will be added to lots of new exchanges (and maybe even forex exchanges) once IXI hub is finished, big companies like Bosch and Volkswagen are going to unveil their applications with IOTA. Furthermore, their Q project will be unveiled which is probably about dedicated ternary hardware and distributed computing. I think IOTA is currently the only project that is able to really start moving things, and the price will follow.

Just because "great things" are lined up doesn't really add value to a project, actually. If the first things that come to mind as "Great" is listing on exchanges, then you've really got to examine what you think you mean by a project's value. I know tons of alts that are listed on X number of sites. But who is using them for their intended purpose?

Bosch? Volkswagen? I hope this won't turn out to be another Microsoft "I'm sorry we retract that statement".

Iota is like most alts... starting to really move, but nowhere solid yet. That's why I think it's overpriced too (like a lot of others).

Exactly my thoughts on reading his response. From when adding a coin to more exchanges when it's already trading on Bitfinex, OkEx and Binance is "great things".

If a big conglomerate like Bosch or Volkswagen really introduced an app based on IOTA, then this will be big. But I don't believe it until I see it...
Well, the applications will come, don't worry. Do you think Bosch bought a bunch of IOTA tokens for fun? And do you think VW CIO joins IOTA advisory board just to drink coffee?
Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:09:57 PM

Maybe he brought some just to make his coffee machine make coffee faster.
langdong

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:30:20 PM

Well, for me IOTA is actually still in its 'Alpha' phase. Sure, it's not working as it probably should in the future but when it comes to IOTA I think there's one thing that really makes it special. And that's the team (+Foundation) which is really good and growing every day. They are building great fundamentals here and I think a lot of people underestimate that. I mean the CDO of VW joining the IOTA Foundation Supervisory Board is just huge.
In this case you could really say it could be a good idea to bet on the Jockey. Let's see how the horse develops. I think IOTA will have a very strong Q1+Q2.
Still it's obviously a long term hold. Probably talking years here.
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:14:19 PM

That's the most dumbass article i've ever seen. He just randomly trying and compiling stuff he doesn't even need to perform his actions.
At least do some proper research if you want to publish something interesting about a certain cryptocurrency.

I would say, IOTA is currently the only suitable platform for IoT companies to build upon.

How though? Are you just saying that because you're holding a bag or do you truely believe that? Even then, i'd rather know than believe. So how do you know it is ready for IoT? I've never been a fan of this coin but the delusion of people invested in this beyond my comprehension.

Yes I truly believe that, and I'm also invested in it.
When is a platform ready? IOTA is still in development, but they're already doing real-world projects (e.g. making Taipei a smart city). At least it's the only platform with the potential to become the de-facto standard for IoT microtransactions. It must be feeless, scalable, has a data marketplace, and already have a good foundation with skilled people from all over the industry.

Tell me what other IoT dlt platform offers this? The FUD about the bad wallet just distracts from the great technology that a lot of (especially crypto) investors never even touch.

Guess you will be suprised when I say almost every other IoTblockchain -dag company.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 03:35:14 PM

That's the most dumbass article i've ever seen. He just randomly trying and compiling stuff he doesn't even need to perform his actions.
At least do some proper research if you want to publish something interesting about a certain cryptocurrency.

I would say, IOTA is currently the only suitable platform for IoT companies to build upon.

How though? Are you just saying that because you're holding a bag or do you truely believe that? Even then, i'd rather know than believe. So how do you know it is ready for IoT? I've never been a fan of this coin but the delusion of people invested in this beyond my comprehension.

Yes I truly believe that, and I'm also invested in it.
When is a platform ready? IOTA is still in development, but they're already doing real-world projects (e.g. making Taipei a smart city). At least it's the only platform with the potential to become the de-facto standard for IoT microtransactions. It must be feeless, scalable, has a data marketplace, and already have a good foundation with skilled people from all over the industry.

Tell me what other IoT dlt platform offers this? The FUD about the bad wallet just distracts from the great technology that a lot of (especially crypto) investors never even touch.

Guess you will be suprised when I say almost every other IoTblockchain -dag company.

You mean like "the IOTA of China" that's nothing more than an ETH token? That's like saying there are a bunch of privacy coins, when we all know there's only one, maybe two (if I'm being generous), valid attempts at privacy.

Black_bl

Activity: 503
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:42:12 PM

Yeah Bosch isn't involved with IOTA at all  Roll Eyes  I get it, the cryptoidiocricy jumped on a story and made the most of it, but please stop repeating it like you don't know any better--or maybe you really are that dumb. Also, there was never a retraction, except for the news-site that printed that lie and quickly retracted it when the Foundation pulled out their lawyers--maybe you need to learn how to fact check.

https://blog.iota.org/welcome-huangquan-jiang-to-the-iota-foundation-3a3835e0fc06

http://www.bosch-presse.de/pressportal/de/en/robert-bosch-venture-capital-makes-first-investment-in-distributed-ledger-technology-137411.html

https://twitter.com/SarahNizze/status/962231566666731520

https://twitter.com/iotatokennews/status/954045852439449601

And definitely no connection with VW (besides Bosch):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=chZsiDvU7Ak

https://twitter.com/johannjungwirth/status/955119052111872000?lang=en

We have to sadly admit that to find a trustworthy source of information is really hard in this world. Even if we follow official channels, we can't be sure that news aren't 'modified'. Sometime is enough to change a few words in a paragraph and the whole meaning is different.
Black_bl

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:49:47 PM

Well, the applications will come, don't worry. Do you think Bosch bought a bunch of IOTA tokens for fun? And do you think VW CIO joins IOTA advisory board just to drink coffee?
Hmm my opinion:
To be honest, i think that a lot of advisors join as advisors to projects in better case to drinking coffee. In worse case advisors just take some money and their names are in statements, it's only marketing, nothing more. There are definitely exceptions, i would like to know how many of them are 'working' advisors
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:10:27 AM

1. But that doesnt mean that we shouldnt listen. Why are Peter Todd, Ricciardo Spagni and others calling out IOTA? There has to be a good reason why.

2. Okay, but until the day they turn it off, it will still be centralized. True or False?

3. Time will tell. But lets be humble enough to admit we were wrong depending on the outcome.

4. Ty. I'm an obvious shill lol.

1. "Losers focus on winners," seems apt as LN is continually delayed and IOTA will solve scaling and fees within the next year if Dom's goal of 100-1000ctps is reached. What's funny is how no one notices that the uptick in FUD corresponds with the IOTA's release of more user friendly wallets (ask yourself why the article writer didn't wait for Trinity if he was intent on achieving his stated goal?). The obvious reason for these last minute attacks is that, even when the use case is limited to P2P (which isn't what IOTA is focused on), the benefits will be obvious: fast and feeless. Unless you trap IOTA in a bottle and stall development to the present, which marketing can't do (though a few idiots will drag old articles out like a nagging wife who argues from the past), IOTA will prove the best solution to the issues in cryptoland (scaling, fees, microtransactions). Add exchanges (exchange module) to the mix and you have a perfect storm of upgraded usability. But as long as people continue to blindly follow authority, they will stay on the sidelines and watch the flippening hoping that their masters are correct and the genie can be put back in the bottle.

2. True--just like until the day Bitcoin figures out how to prevent mining centralization. With IOTA it looks possible, with BTC not so much.

3. Huh? My point was that Fluffy had as big a failure of foresight as the IOTA Devs--there's no future outcome to consider. Both events happened.

4. Off-topic shilling, don't be surprised if it's removed. Also goes to my point on attacking projects for your own potential gain.  

1. Okay, I hear you. But are you saying that Peter Todd and Ricciardo Spagni are doing nothing but spreading FUD and theres no truth to what they said?

2. Thanks for your honesty, and I'm willing to give it a chance because you made compelling arguments.

3. I may have misunderstood what you said. Sorry.

4. Shill? Yes, but only because I believe in the project so much and I anxiously wish others would take a look. But I am not attacking for my own gain. I only believe that an off-chain solution for implementing tangles are better.

With that said.

The Dymaxion whitepaper

You post a Matrix picture, I post a Matrix picture. Cheesy
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 06:00:43 AM
Merited by pinkflower (1)

1. But that doesnt mean that we shouldnt listen. Why are Peter Todd, Ricciardo Spagni and others calling out IOTA? There has to be a good reason why.

2. Okay, but until the day they turn it off, it will still be centralized. True or False?

3. Time will tell. But lets be humble enough to admit we were wrong depending on the outcome.

4. Ty. I'm an obvious shill lol.

1. "Losers focus on winners," seems apt as LN is continually delayed and IOTA will solve scaling and fees within the next year if Dom's goal of 100-1000ctps is reached. What's funny is how no one notices that the uptick in FUD corresponds with the IOTA's release of more user friendly wallets (ask yourself why the article writer didn't wait for Trinity if he was intent on achieving his stated goal?). The obvious reason for these last minute attacks is that, even when the use case is limited to P2P (which isn't what IOTA is focused on), the benefits will be obvious: fast and feeless. Unless you trap IOTA in a bottle and stall development to the present, which marketing can't do (though a few idiots will drag old articles out like a nagging wife who argues from the past), IOTA will prove the best solution to the issues in cryptoland (scaling, fees, microtransactions). Add exchanges (exchange module) to the mix and you have a perfect storm of upgraded usability. But as long as people continue to blindly follow authority, they will stay on the sidelines and watch the flippening hoping that their masters are correct and the genie can be put back in the bottle.

2. True--just like until the day Bitcoin figures out how to prevent mining centralization. With IOTA it looks possible, with BTC not so much.

3. Huh? My point was that Fluffy had as big a failure of foresight as the IOTA Devs--there's no future outcome to consider. Both events happened.

4. Off-topic shilling, don't be surprised if it's removed. Also goes to my point on attacking projects for your own potential gain.  

1. Okay, I hear you. But are you saying that Peter Todd and Ricciardo Spagni are doing nothing but spreading FUD and theres no truth to what they said?

2. Thanks for your honesty, and I'm willing to give it a chance because you made compelling arguments.

3. I may have misunderstood what you said. Sorry.

4. Shill? Yes, but only because I believe in the project so much and I anxiously wish others would take a look. But I am not attacking for my own gain. I only believe that an off-chain solution for implementing tangles are better.

With that said.

You post a Matrix picture, I post a Matrix picture. Cheesy

1. Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. They may have valid criticisms, but the stuff they've been tweeting doesn't fall under that heading.

2. TY

3. TY

4. It's poor taste to post media of another coin when it isn't within the context of the thread--just putting that out there. Good luck.

pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:06:40 AM

I appreciate the talk, debate and the exchange of memes lol. Good luck to you as well and may you not take the blue pill and go back in the Matrix.

Our petty arguments are just that, but we are all fighting the same battle.
Black_bl

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:50:23 AM

I am not a technical person so I won't go into technical aspect, I think the team is solid enough and can work on the way to make the platform do what they promised it would do, this is just a warning to people not to over commit om a project because most of this projects are experiment and might not work
I would say this is the weaknest thing on whole IOTA, you have to be technical type to be able use Iota network
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: