Bitcoin Forum
July 13, 2024, 12:06:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase is hiring Lightning Network developers  (Read 137 times)
BrewMaster (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:22:23 PM

https://twitter.com/coinbase/status/961720708542812160?s=17

so yeah, where is everybody who was saying exchanges are not going to adopt Lightning Network because such and such...
they were saying the same thing and even more about Segregated Witness too...

There is a FOMO brewing...
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 6197

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:57:56 PM

I'm still having my doubts about some big services such as BitPay and Coinbase since the NYA. It's seems like they are acting against the community. I know they are supposed to implement SegWit by the end of the month but the question is, what they were doing in the past few months? with the resources they have, they could've done already it, probably in a matter of days. I obviously wasn't expecting them to not implement it at all but delaying on purpose is obvious here IMO, same thing applies for Blockchain.info.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BrewMaster (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:04:03 PM

I'm still having my doubts about some big services such as BitPay and Coinbase since the NYA. It's seems like they are acting against the community. I know they are supposed to implement SegWit by the end of the month but the question is, what they were doing in the past few months? with the resources they have, they could've done already it, probably in a matter of days. I obviously wasn't expecting them to not implement it at all but delaying on purpose is obvious here IMO, same thing applies for Blockchain.info.

maybe they were waiting for SegWit to be ready before they implement it!
i see a lot of things not yet ready for example there is not yet a universal way of showing the private keys belonging to a SegWit address!
Electrum guys had to invent something for themselves to implement it. it contains an extra version which tells the wallet it belongs to a Bech32 address but you can not find it anywhere else. if you wanted to import this private key in another wallet you would have to take extra scary steps.
just my guess about these businesses though.

There is a FOMO brewing...
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:58:35 PM

No one can deny the fact that lightning network is the need of hour and sooner or later its implementation is expected to get rid of this congestion and scalability issues, but still many issues are roaming around and many community members are opposing LN.
Coinbase management at last realized that the future is not going to be the same so they are preparing for it and i think every other exchange also need to work on it before the time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: