Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:44:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best way to create a new crypto currency?  (Read 450 times)
arwin100

Activity: 2730
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 11:19:56 AM

To be ready to high costs on technical part, marketing, etc..... Cool Cool

This one will be the hardest part that needed to take seriously by the people who want to create a new cryptocurrency since if they forgot to execute the marketing they will not earn a massive huge success so proper huge funds is a must so that he can rotate the exposure of the project coin that he wanted. And this one will be backed up with proper technical projects and good developments so that his cryptocurrency will became stable and strong.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 11:24:06 AM

I guess I have a few questions...

1)  Are some platforms better or more trustworthy for creating new crypto currencies?  Any recommendations?

2)  I want this currency to have a fixed circulating supply.  Does this mean that my coin should not be mineable?  (I don't really know how mining works).  Any recommendations?

3)  My coin will mainly function as a currency.  I was going to use the ETH20 protocol because hardware wallets seem to easily support it.  Would there be any advantage to using a different protocol?

4)  I'd like to eventually get listed on Bittrex, Poloniex, etc.  Does this mean I need to avoid certain coin creation platforms?  Any recommendations?

Thanks!

take an army,

kill all enemies, competing cryptocurrencies and users

establish an institution that illegalises all other cryptocurrencies.

spread your violence as broad as possible

additionally

take controll over the mass media

destroy mass media that competes with you

tell everyone that your coin is the only future currency

innovatethespace

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:01:09 AM

Do you need a good team and interesting IDEA, better if you have product which work. And of course a start capital for marketing, site and managers. Good luck to your ideas

You definitely need a team, a real world use case for your product and time. I'm working on a project of my own during nights and its midnight before I know it. Getting little sleep is part of the process but I always wake up excited the next morning to keep going. If you have a good idea with a strong team behind you,  you'll feel the same way. 
Jose.Tormo

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:32:23 PM

1)  Are some platforms better or more trustworthy for creating new crypto currencies?  Any recommendations?

2)  I want this currency to have a fixed circulating supply.  Does this mean that my coin should not be mineable?  (I don't really know how mining works).  Any recommendations?

3)  My coin will mainly function as a currency.  I was going to use the ETH20 protocol because hardware wallets seem to easily support it.  Would there be any advantage to using a different protocol?

4)  I'd like to eventually get listed on Bittrex, Poloniex, etc.  Does this mean I need to avoid certain coin creation platforms?  Any recommendations?

1. There are advantages and disadvantages for the major different platforms. ERC20 has become the most popular platform for marketplaces because it includes smart contract features that make it really easy to automate payment mechanisms.  WAVES is one of the easiest platforms to develop and launch a token.  Look at the lists on CoinMarketCap and study projects that are good templates for your idea.

2. Mining is a process for creating new tokens, usually as a payment incentive for people that contribute infrastructure to support your project needs.  If you really need a fixed supply, then don't publish mining details.  Usually there is nothing wrong with some level of "inflation" in your token supply, as long as it is relatively low and reflects added value for users at a faster rate than the increased supply of tokens to support the growing infrastructure in your project ecosystem.

3. Do more studying.  Yes, it is really easy to distribute tokens to an ETH wallet, but that should be way down your list of priorities.  Focus on the attributes of your customers and key partners and the functions you need your service ecosystem to perform.  Form follows function at all times.

4. Exchanges don't care what your platform is.  They care about a pool of investors that are actively buying and selling tokens; making a project successful should be your priority - your investors will bring your tokens to the exchanges they prefer, and you can always act as your exchange and make a market for your token by taking ETH or BTC as payment to get onto your service.
Bradstrange

Activity: 50

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:26:50 PM

It could be made achievable by using Kickstater or another crowdfunding website. There is also the chance of creating an ICO an then doing it this way but it takes a lot of preparation.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: