Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:41:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What should you consider before investing in ICOs?  (Read 151 times)
IcoGuide.com (OP)

Activity: 244
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 06:38:47 PM

Investing into ICO is quite difficult decision to make and in our opinion these are top 5 values you should consider before investing: Project idea, Technology, Team, Community, Investment potential.
What will you add to this list?

You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptonero

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:30:27 PM

You should consider a lot of things like the founder and developer's capability and backgrounds,the product that this ICO has to offer,the roadmap and the whitepaper,the token distribution and the importance of the coin to our community,these are just the basic things you need to check before investing so you will be sure that your investment wont be wasted for nothing.

Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:49:18 PM

Investing into ICO is quite difficult decision to make and in our opinion these are top 5 values you should consider before investing: Project idea, Technology, Team, Community, Investment potential.

The factors that you stated are clearly important and what I primarily look at before choosing an ICO to invest into. As the earlier poster stated, I would add transparency of developers as another important factor. How developers communicate with members through various forms of social media like Telegram, Twitter, Reddit and Facebook is another big factor in determining whether an ICO is legit or not.

Telegram is one of the main sources of social media which I usually observe in this aspect. I usually look into all these factors before investing into any coin.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:52:21 PM

Your list have most of the stuffs I am looking for before investing in ICO. One more thing I will add to your list is the soft and hard cap of the project. I will analyse whether the targetted amount of funds is realistic or not.
Grim149x

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 03:06:02 PM

I look first if it's legit. Next is if the team is huge. One of the most important is how ambitious the project is. Do read a lot and you will most likely just feel it if it's worth it.

chansss30

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:30:14 AM

Let me add the "Security" of your invesments. Because you take a big risk of investing some ICO's and I prefer to look for the safety or security of my investments.
stasiulman

Activity: 378
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:40:40 AM

A few other things I look are -
1. What does using a blockchain enable for the project since they are incredibly inefficient as compared to centralized databases.
2. If there is a need for using a blockchain, then if a separate token is required for the project.
3. Also, how the team communicates on medium, telegram, reddit AMAs etc sometimes gives useful insight into how transparent and professional the team is.

I also look on GitHub. If ICO project offers open source code, then you should pay attention to GitHub. If it is empty or simply does not exist, then it is already suspicious.
Well done and clear WhitePaper
Roadmap specifics.
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 04:41:08 AM

Also make sure the project that you want to join in it has MVP/Minimum Viable Product or working product. And also you should be has management of risk and money to reduce any risk of investment in it. From my experience, 90% of token price increased more than ICO price so we should be patient wait for that and dont sell your token below ICO price.

lero34

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:10:44 PM

I do not like to invest in ICO. and just for the reason that there is very little data. There are no statistics, it is not clear what will be the growth rate and whether it will be at all. I'm not sure that I'm lucky investing blindly.
raahi

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:16:47 PM

One of the most important task for investing in our initial coin offering is to read the white paper and to analyze the feasibility of the initial coin offering this is done by analyzing the MVP provided for every coin in the market it is important to understand their concerts Thoughroly and ask various questions about it.
ronnis.gomes

Activity: 518
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:19:16 PM

Before investing in an ICO, I try to get a lot of information about the project, read the whitepaper, check who is behind the project and the size of the community that supports the project
Gekkoo

Activity: 604
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:26:34 PM

In addition the 5 main values: Project idea, Technology, Team, Community, Investment potential. In my opinion marketing is very important, being that the possibility of attracting large investors is essential, joining the values and ensuring a lasting success of the project. We can not forget of comments that with the passing of development has the great power of constructive criticism.

creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:28:48 PM

Before investing in an ICO, I try to get a lot of information about the project, read the whitepaper, check who is behind the project and the size of the community that supports the project

That's a good strategy before investing on any ICO because this market is very risky and if you don't study the project for sure you will end broke at the end of ICO. Personally, I just look at the concept of the project and if the campaign manager is good will probably invest on it.
mardaed

Activity: 994
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:54:29 PM

There are many things that we consider before investing any ICOs but frankly speaking even you will consider all of them you can't still make sure that certain ICO is safe.
Put in your mind that every investment has a risk.
justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:10:42 AM

Well my criteria that i consider before investing in ICO is first i would like to know the aim or goal of the project second is the whitepaper to know what is their intent, third, the members of a team why? Just to see if the members are legit are not just fake linkedin profiles and their pictures are taken from other people and lastly i would like to know if the project is promising and will have a great future.
Aum Ram

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:20:59 PM

If you want to invest your money, then you do not need to hurry anywhere. Usually, after the token goes to the exchange you can buy it cheaper.
IrenNTA

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:35:38 PM

The main indicator of a good ICO is a team. The more famous faces you see the better and of course they should have big experience in the project's sphere. The second point to look at is a hype around the project. The more hype it has the more chance to get bigger profit. And the last point is hardcap that the project wants to raise. Low cap (comparing to the competitors) almost guarantee a big profit.
bitor

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:38:17 PM

I think, that we need add to you ideas ones more - it's good roadmap. Because every project need to has a plan and if it is not, I don't know, is team of the project reall want to do something.
Mrs Troll

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:40:41 PM

Some weeks before, I would mention team, hardcap, hype level and other popular markers. But today market and the average trend are main factors. You don't want to dive in while all market is dead and going to hell, trust me Smiley And if average trend of last ICOs is very poor - avoid to invest in any projects right now.
SuperP

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:32:23 AM

As 99.9% ico projects after earning cash from stages of sales leave out , we need carefully choose ico projects
1. Team (social media)
2. listing
3. Community
4. What problems they would like to solve
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: