Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:30:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto criminals prefer Litecoin over Monero  (Read 136 times)
Displux (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:19:57 PM

https://cryptodaily.co.uk/2018/02/crypto-criminals-prefer-litecoin-to-monero/
Quantumplation

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:28:59 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2021, 08:29:36 PM by Quantumplation

NOTE: This message was originally not posted by me, but instead by someone who compromised my account.  I have deleted the content.

NOTE: This account was compromised from 2017 to 2021.  I'm in the process of deleting posts not made by me.
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:35:16 PM

I don't get it how they even do their analysis and where do they collect the data from? I am sure Monero is like leading there, why would somebody what to chose litecoin over XMR since ltc have same privacy problem as bitcoin -- all transactions are public which raises the needs for mixers and they have their own fee and they are centralized services who you need to trust in order to "wash" your crypto coins. While monero is private by default, at least it makes it a lot harder if not impossible to track one person.

At least this is first time for me to hear that some "open" crypto such as ltc is being used by "cyber criminals"
mammothine

Activity: 117
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:42:28 AM

Adds up. Monero is a bit slow and hard to swap.

Seems that Verge or some others would be a much better option than Litecoin.
vandercent

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:44:37 AM

I think criminals like moreno more
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:32:23 AM

this is a comparison between litecoin and monero, and I think criminals who use litecoin are elite criminals. they are more aware of the litecoon transaction system than monero.

I also see they are interested in monero, but monero creators stem the access path of crime, so criminals find it difficult to use it.

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:46:15 AM

monero is too cumbersome. litecoin is just as open to exposing your dealings as anything else.

some day something will meet in the middle. will it be a second layer on an existing coin, an improved monero, or something completely new?

isn't litecoin planning atomic swaps with monero? that's probably the answer.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18588

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:58:42 AM

I know the mainstream media are notoriously awful when it comes to crypto, but this is from a supposedly crypto-orientated news site...

You can’t store Monero on a memory stick

This is just pure nonsense. You can install the Monero wallet on a USB. If you don't have the memory for that, you could save your seed and private key in an encrypted file on a USB stick. For extra privacy, you could make a USB with Tails and install the wallet on that. So many options. Such shoddy reporting.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: