Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:48:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Canadian Bank Creates a Storage for Cryptocurrency.  (Read 185 times)
Essaint56

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:14:53 AM

it is a positive news in a sense that it shows they are bitcoin friendly and they are on the way to adopt bitcoin and possibly other cryptocurrencies too.

Canada has been very friendly to cryptocurrency allowing ICO's and anything related Bitcoin to grow there. 

but it is a dumb service and i don't know who would want to use it. a "bitcoin bank" as the hundreds of topics so far in the past years kept asking about is here! but i still don't know who in their right minds would want to store something they can easily and securely store themselves, in a bank?!

Joining with the trend maybe?  Huh Allowing more investors to come to their bank because they accept those kinds of transactions.

I'd say it's a good move for them and good news for us.  Cool
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:44:14 AM

More positive crypto news from VersaBank Inc, who announced the intention to make digital storage for cryptocurrencies by June 2018 for worldwide customers: The Canadian Bank Creates a Storage for Cryptocurrency.
Good to know that there is a bank that is not against cryptocurrency and not seeing it as a threat, but cryptocurrency storage? I don't think that this is a good idea, people don't need any cryptocurrency bank/storage services, because we can secure it by our own using our wallet and this digital storage will just kill the purpose of most cryptocurrency out there which is being a decentralized coin. For example you have a lot of investment with Bitcoin, would you trust it with a bank where they have a control of it or you will just buy a hardware wallet that you can access anywhere and anytime? of course I will choose a hardware wallet.
eance

Activity: 402
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:29:06 AM

This isn’t Canadian bank at all. It’s just a corporation with bank name
heureca

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:35:00 AM

More positive crypto news from VersaBank Inc, who announced the intention to make digital storage for cryptocurrencies by June 2018 for worldwide customers: The Canadian Bank Creates a Storage for Cryptocurrency.

As I know there is bank in Germany with option of BTC storage. Overall it is good - we see intergration criptocurrency assets into bank system.

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:37:10 AM

Well there is definitely demand for exchanges that cannot be hacked. 

sent from my X6
Thadeous (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:15:55 PM

This isn’t Canadian bank at all. It’s just a corporation with bank name

Here is what Wikipedia says: "VersaBank, formerly Pacific & Western Bank of Canada, is a Canadian chartered bank that was founded in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan in 1980 as a trust company."
And you can find this article on VersaBank official website:
VersaBank Launches Blockchain Based Vault Initiative to Securely Store Digital Property
Wahyu aep

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:23:04 PM

a positive step if they allow full banking services associated with stored bitcoin assets. I mean, fully functional Visa and MasterCard debit cards, interbank transfers deposited from the real time market value of stored bitcoins, ATM withdrawals and teller-assisted accounts from bitcoin accounts ... things like that can change the banking landscape for the better News which is interesting because it can attract more people to use cryptocurrency and few people feel comfortable though.
zergenyt09

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:18:39 AM

Yes it is true that the Canadian banks creates storage of the crypto currency and we know that the big investors have store a good reserve of this crypto. All the other banks also storing crypto But they are not saying this to the public now the bitcoin price is rising and it is good to buy the bitcoin currency i would love to make a strategy for the altcoin and bitcoin if we have all this then we can become the rich in the future in the crypto currency.
The future lies in the hands of cryptocurrency and I would be right to say that our future is in safe hands. The cryptocurrency is way more secure and more importantly more profitable than the physical currency. Now we see that the governments are making policies regarding it, companies are accepting it as their payment option and now the banks are storing it for future use,i.e. to get profit from it. All of this is a clear sign that this currency is not going to just fade out very soon, it will continue to benefit its users.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: