Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:23:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitgrail hacked, 17 million Nano (XRB) stolen  (Read 856 times)
o_e_l_e_o (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18504

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:15:03 PM

https://bitgrail.com/news

Bitgrail S.r.l. Informs its users that internal checks revealed unauthorized transactions which led to a 17 million Nano shortfall, an amount forming part of the wallet managed by Bitgrail S.r.l.

Today a charge about those fraudulent activities has been submitted to the competent authorities and now is under police investigation.

We inform you that the other currencies have not been involved.

In order to conduct further verifications, all the activities will be temporarily suspended (including withdrawals and deposits). This procedure is indispensable for users security.

We do offer our full and sincerest apologies to our customers and to whom has been involved into the illegal transfers of Nano occurred on our platform.

Other announcements will be released shortly.

Thank you for your attention.

I warned about this exchange two weeks ago (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2822513.0).
The entire site looked like a scam from day one. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out Bomber, the owner of the exchange, had stolen the Nano himself.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ZaoXhou

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:25:27 PM

I warned about this exchange two weeks ago (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2822513.0).
The entire site looked like a scam from day one. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out Bomber, the owner of the exchange, had stolen the Nano himself.

That's what I was immediately thinking, seems too much of a coincidence, I'm not pointing fingers though...yet
jaimepenag

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 07:55:16 AM

This sucks, people losing money and the price still falling. After re brand and all the launches it doesn't go up. The team is noob but that is understandable, they dont have experience leading a company they are just developers. I will still hold this coin but it kind disappointing all the problems they had so far.
o_e_l_e_o (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:02:23 AM

This sucks, people losing money and the price still falling. After re brand and all the launches it doesn't go up. The team is noob but that is understandable, they dont have experience leading a company they are just developers. I will still hold this coin but it kind disappointing all the problems they had so far.

Quite the opposite. The Nano team are very professional, very vocal with the community, dealing with bugs exceptionally quickly (sometimes within hours of them being reported), are open and supportive. The problem here is the BitGrail exchange and their owner, Bomber, being completely unprofessional, very immature, and having no idea how to run a business/exchange.

It's now being suggested that the funds actually disappeared MONTHS ago, and he didn't tell anyone, continuing to allow people to deposit on his exchange. I hope criminal charges are brought against him.
mikfresh

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:32:53 AM

I was part of the early days investors, I disagree on the fact that you're referring to them as scam project. I knew it had some technical lacks though. Still it's so sad to see people lost lots of money for this. Hope the losses will be recovered somehow. Good luck for everyone involved, this could happen to everyone. We know the risks of this business Embarrassed
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:42:49 AM

Quite the opposite. The Nano team are very professional, very vocal with the community, dealing with bugs exceptionally quickly (sometimes within hours of them being reported), are open and supportive. The problem here is the BitGrail exchange and their owner, Bomber, being completely unprofessional, very immature, and having no idea how to run a business/exchange.

It's now being suggested that the funds actually disappeared MONTHS ago, and he didn't tell anyone, continuing to allow people to deposit on his exchange. I hope criminal charges are brought against him.

That means is the real scammers is bitgrail itself. As far as i know about the fact that how people are still put more and more money to that shit exchange site, This is just similar into the coincheck.
But so many shit centralized exchange in the future.
If he didn't tell anyone for months ago and then he was a real scammer buddy.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
ruffles2016

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:51:38 AM

One of the biggest hacks I see ever in cryptomarkets. That will affect raiblocks huge. I don't know if exchange was bad or not but it will surely kill potential bull trend for raiblocks. It will be out of market trends.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:55:36 AM

Sad news i am really tired from news about scams and hacks. This can kill crypto

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 10:09:47 AM

Sad news i am really tired from news about scams and hacks. This can kill crypto
That's so true...
Unfortunately this hack(if any) is the direct result of their account termination policy.
Of course this is just my opinion, I have nothing to back this up but just look at their social-media feeds, full of dislikes for the termination process.There are hidden rules, stating that accounts with small amount of coins will be terminated without any returns (0.005 if I'm not mistaken ). This is nowhere visible during termination of the account, horrible practice dot you think? And so, somebody got pissed.
I was a "victim" of this termination as well, despite my account being registered before the new rules. Lost just few thousand doge...
All they have had to do was to enable people to withdraw their penny's with said doge, no harm done and easy peasy  but no!  Undecided 

Ceballos

Activity: 621
Merit: 288

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:11:14 AM

Again and again. Hacks are ongoing and crypto coins losing. I never had Nano thats good for me but i am sorry for nano holders and traders.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
lsd400

Activity: 189
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:14:47 AM

Ohh that really unfortunate. 17 mln NANO it's a fortune. There have been a lot signs that exchange is acting weird with consistent maintenance and slow verification process. Now we are here at the end people getting scammed.
nunzio2012

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

The Future of Crypto Trading | Apollo

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:15:47 AM

"17 million Nano shortfall" is huge... This is nearly $160M!

I read the warning topic last nearly 10 days ago and stopped using Bitgrail. This exchange is over now.

▄▄▓▓
                                                                          ░▄▓▓▓▓▓
                                                                          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓
                                                                          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓
                                                               ▄▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▒▒▒░         ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░            ░▒▓▓▓▒░           ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓            ░▒▓▓▓▒░
     ▓▓▓▓▓░        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓░   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒       ▒▓▓▓▓    ░▓▓▓▓░ ░▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓░      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓░▓▓▓▓░      ▒▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓░ ░▓▓▓▓░       ▓▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▒▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓░ ░▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓    ░▓▓▓▓░ ▒▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▒        ▓▓▓▓
 ░▓▓▓▓░░░▒▓▓▓▒     ▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓░  ░▓▓▓▓░       ▓▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▄▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▒▓▓▓▓░      ░▓▓▓▓
░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓░      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▄▄▓▓▓▓▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ▒▓▓▓▓░░░░░       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
▓▓▓▓░     ░▓▓▓▓▓   ▒▓▓▓▓              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
░░░░       ░░░░░   ░░░░░                 ░▒▓▓▒░░          ▄▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                   ░▒▒▓▓▒░
                                                       ░▒▀▀        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒

█           █
   █       █   █
  ███      █  ███
  ███    ███ ███
  ███    ███ ███
   █  ███ ███  █
   █  ███  █   █
      ███  █
      ███
      ███
       █
       █
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:14:08 AM

That's what I was immediately thinking, seems too much of a coincidence, I'm not pointing fingers though...yet

The funny thing is you CAN start pointing fingers.  You could see it from a million miles away that the exchange is a scam.  Even if it was a real exchange, there's no way out of this.  They're not coming back from a 17M XRB loss.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
larks500

Activity: 616
Merit: 114

Bountylord.com

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 11:20:20 AM

Very funny. How it is possible to keep millions and forgot about safety. Hacking of crypto exchanges it is practically a win-win thing - most likely you will never be caught. Nobody needs to rob banks anymore.

xCryptoManiaX

Activity: 361
Merit: 137

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:21:23 AM

Why would you even user Bitgrail lol. Wasn't XRB also available in Kucoin back when it still had not hit Binance?

o_e_l_e_o (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:23:43 AM

Why would you even user Bitgrail lol. Wasn't XRB also available in Kucoin back when it still had not hit Binance?

It was available on BitGrail about a month before it was on KuCoin if I remember correctly. I used BitGrail in the early days to buy some RaiBlocks when it was under $1. Thankfully I transferred them out immediately. Unfortunately I only bought about $20 worth.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: