Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:39:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey Activeminers? You won't make your investment back.  (Read 5110 times)
navitatl

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 01:15:14 AM

That IPO wasn't exactly done well. It's not even clear if AMC bought their own shares at some point - though I'm sure they are all sold by now.
To be honest, you don't really know what you're talking about (although I will hand it to you that the IPO(s) were a bit of a shitshow). There's a small amount of shares that are unsold, which Ken can sell if further funds are needed.
Nothing ever pointed to AMC "buying their own shares" and it wouldn't really make sense to begin with.

I guess this is just a form of entertainment for a lot of you, but I just want to let you know there's better ways you can spend your time, such as thinking about where to put your gains from whatever mining company you placed bets on. The smart ones among us have already started gradually stepping out of the mining industry and into realms that will strengthen Bitcoin in other ways (and further increase and protect our gains).

Why all the hate anyway? Did MP touch you places or something?

The 3rd-person references crack me up, what a nice touch. What flavorful personalities this Bitcoin world is graced with.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 01:40:46 AM

The 3rd-person references crack me up, what a nice touch. What flavorful personalities this Bitcoin world is graced with.

Looky, that I'm the girl in the avatar pic and that MP is a different person are well documented and long standing established rock solid facts. There's pictures of both of us in the same room, people met us in person at that conference you never knew about (you know, the one where MtGox' demise was decided), on it goes.

In spite of this having been amply documented, all over irc, all over this forum even, clueless noobs still jump both feet into their ridiculous assumptions on the matter, which is by now in itself a meme and a perpetual source of amusement at those clueless noobs' expense.

The only question remaining would be "why'd you put yourself in that laughable position". Do try and answer, I'm curious.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
navitatl

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 01:42:53 AM

Looky, that I'm the girl in the avatar pic and that MP is a different person are well documented and long standing established rock solid facts. There's pictures of both of us in the same room, people met us in person at that conference you never knew about (you know, the one where MtGox' demise was decided), on it goes.

In spite of this having been amply documented, all over irc, all over this forum even, clueless noobs still jump both feet into their ridiculous assumptions on the matter, which is by now in itself a meme and a perpetual source of amusement at those clueless noobs' expense.

The only question remaining would be "why'd you put yourself in that laughable position". Do try and answer, I'm curious.
Met with high levels of defensiveness and a ready-made swath of dubious evidence. Check.

It just seems so improbable that two people with such a similar scent of insecure, delusional narcissism would ever meet each other in real life and collaborate suchly.
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 04:13:59 AM

From the link you provided:

In the middle with the beard is MPOE-PR.

So, when did you get a shave?  Cheesy
Rebelution

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 04:29:30 AM

So MPOE-PR, how do you feel about the fact that MP believes "There is no such thing as the crime of 'rape'?"
http://trilema.com/2013/the-prosecution-of-sexual-activity/

This is seriously disgusting.  The fact that you associate with such a misogynistic pig is truly saddening.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 06:32:49 AM

So MPOE-PR, how do you feel about the fact that MP believes "There is no such thing as the crime of 'rape'?"

This is seriously disgusting.  The fact that you associate with such a misogynistic pig is truly saddening.

Hint hint: She likes it.
Vexual

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 08:13:45 AM

Whats the difference between a bitcoin exchange and a bitcoin broker?
A bitcoin broker doen't tell you you could have been a model.

1VEX7x76pJdreV1nJW8bXpotbCNggDxG5
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 10:29:00 AM

Met with high levels of defensiveness and a ready-made swath of dubious evidence. Check.

It just seems so improbable that two people with such a similar scent of insecure, delusional narcissism would ever meet each other in real life and collaborate suchly.

Also in the news, "Internet person cannot believe people meet". Help yourself.

Because you read rape and automatically think of women it then follows MP is misogynistic. I like forum logic, continue.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Vexual

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 09:10:47 PM

"her being a virgin, living in a convent, being a feminist or a liberal or any other such proof of intellectual immaturity"
has a misogynistic tone

Vexual

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 09:15:10 PM

good point

carpetbagger

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

You can trust me, I have an avatar

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 07:16:39 AM

MPOE, if you ever need a white knight, feel free to gimme a call Wink

Keep clam & hodl on
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:10:36 AM

Oh look! 3:1 against now.

navitatl

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 01:05:20 AM

I'm sure this prominent thread title has NOTHING to do with the stock price being so low. Haha. Cmon guys, I'm due for a new car, just let it quadruple already please!
Seriously though, it is pretty fascinating the way this market works. I don't think I ever really grokked market irrationality until seeing it so close up.
thefunkybits
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 01:27:58 AM

Still, only two real believers, compared to the vocal army of cheerleaders.
Don't they want to be rich?

Maybe they are betting that ACTM is going to make money back so all their current funds are tied up?

Maybe no one cares?
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 02:15:17 AM

More likely, no one gives a shit about that site.

Even the NO side, which I imagine is supported by all of the #bitcoin-assets fanboys, has only 5 people who bothered to bet. Honestly, the site is a fail, which explains why dividends to shareholders can be measured in pocket lint. The crew that run it just don't have the insight or temperament to operate consumer facing businesses.

drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 02:37:58 AM

This is stupid. IPO 0.0025 and this bet says the whole thing is a failure if investors don't get 120% ROI in 6 months from hashing.

Even if you're long on ActiveMining betting on this is a sure way to lose money.
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 02:42:05 AM

Well it looks like it's heading that way but, I think there's another way to do things with bitcoin. Be the shovel seller and you'll take home more than what the miners earn.  Roll Eyes
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 02:59:31 AM

This is stupid. IPO 0.0025 and this bet says the whole thing is a failure if investors don't get 120% ROI in 6 months from hashing.
It has been explained many times.
It has to be at least the IPO otherwise it could just be a refund of shareholder's money. It's even likely to happen due to the Avalon thing.
Honestly if you believe that you just don't understand investing at all. Not having that ROI, you're better off investing in a proven company. Why take such a risk for so little in returns?

Of course we need ROI, but 6 months from hashing is going to be very hard to do.

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 01:35:52 AM

More likely, no one gives a shit about that site.

Even the NO side, which I imagine is supported by all of the #bitcoin-assets fanboys, has only 5 people who bothered to bet. Honestly, the site is a fail, which explains why dividends to shareholders can be measured in pocket lint. The crew that run it just don't have the insight or temperament to operate consumer facing businesses.

Bitcoin is not a consumer thing. Find something more adequate for your needs and abilities.

drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 02:41:42 AM

Bitcoin is not a consumer thing. Find something more adequate for your needs and abilities.

Number one issue with Bitcoin right now? People with an agenda trying to make Bitcoin into what they want it to be.

I try to not get into the whole what Bitcoin is for debate, I see Bitcoin being most powerful when neutral and used for many different reasons.

So can Bitcoin be a consumer thing? Perhaps it can. Who are you to be the decider?

Some of your posts make a little sense, others just reek of stupid.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: