Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:35:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost my job - Need Ideas  (Read 1484 times)
pecson134

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:16:31 PM

Attention: I am really in great trouble so please stop chasing post in this thread.

On 7th Feb I was told by my company that they stopped focusing on my region and hence they no longer need my services. So laid me off without any warning.

I have been working for them for almost 8 years. And all of a sudden losing my job was a shock. Honestly, I still can not accept this fact and can not think of anything. I am totally blank till now.

My job did not require me to interact with many people. And also I am an introvert person. I worked for a foreign company

Trying to keep my calm and also don't want to make any desperate move.

Now I am going to look for another job but it is unlikely I will succeed. As internet is full of competitions and employers don't try to investigate, and rather look for previous client's feedbacks.

Also with my savings I can survive a few months. Note that I live in a 3rd world country and not much opportunities.

So if you guys have any suggestions/ideas to share, then please share.

I admit it is hard to find jobs now a days knowing that competitions for the position were tough enough that some of the job seekers tends to give up. Actually I'm also an introvert just like you but in order for me to sustain my daily living, I apply for as many as I can jobs that had connections to what I had learned or course related. With patience I had given, I luckily got my job and with luck though it is mainly accommodating people on health issues and inquiries which not a likable job for introverts but still I manage it. What I am saying is that you need to have patience and motivation.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:01:28 PM

You know, I see you saying this job wouldnt pay enough, that job wouldnt pay enough. Your income right now is ZERO. Any of those jobs will bring you temporary relief, even if it wont work out in the long term. Dont be afraid to take a job you dont plan on having long, just to keep the income flowing. You may have to jump around between a few jobs before you find one that suits you long term. Do not be too proud to work a lower paying job just to get something in your pocket.

3 years ago I was broke and destitute, with friends paying my bills to keep me from becoming homeless. I ended up taking a job I was way overqualified for just so that I could have something. I showed the people I worked for what I was capable of and now 3 years down the road I am making 5 times the amount of money I had when I started. You never know where a basic ass job will take you if you have the skills and determination to make something out of it.

P.S. Stop being a pessimist about your situation, you will not succeed with that attitude. You just have to keep your head up and try your hardest every day to resolve the problem.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 09:34:03 AM

Doing translation work isn't really a career and at least you should have a goal or a dream job of yours. Keep a positive attitude and try and learn something new everyday.

You seem tech savvy already simply by being here so I suggest you learn how to program. Start with web development. Anybody can learn that online. Learn to make websites and try to sell that service. Hopefully with more experience you can apply for a regular web development job locally then build your career from there.

Speaking as a psychology graduate who learned to code on my own and am now a full-stack developer working for a large multi-national company.
bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:19:48 PM

Doing translation work isn't really a career
Speaking as a psychology graduate who learned to code on my own and am now a full-stack developer working for a large multi-national company.
Someone might just as well say that ‘doing programming work’ isn’t really a career. Language services is a field of work like any other. The barriers to entry are admittedly low as there’s demand for even low quality, low pay work, but as a translator becomes more proficient, they could just as well work for large companies, or start up a company of their own, and make a nice income.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 01:28:55 AM

Doing translation work isn't really a career
Someone might just as well say that ‘doing programming work’ isn’t really a career. Language services is a field of work like any other. The barriers to entry are admittedly low as there’s demand for even low quality, low pay work, but as a translator becomes more proficient, they could just as well work for large companies, or start up a company of their own, and make a nice income.

You are right, sorry about sounding bias but what i'm probably saying is it's not really a technical career with much progression. As a developer you can progress through a more defined path being a senior developer, team leader, manager, executive, etc.. While as a translator, i guess you could progress to being a senior, executive, and even start your own company, it seems less likely and the skill set is limited.

Another argument would be that a good translator can probably speak/read/write 100 languages but you could also have a good developer who design and code systems as well as speak/read/write 100 languages. I think you get my point.
bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:44:29 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2018, 01:12:16 PM by bitperson

Another argument would be that a good translator can probably speak/read/write 100 languages
The following might not be relevant to your point, but I’m mentioning it anyway to avoid misconception about the language industry. There is a principle that a translator should only translate into their native language, as it is considered unlikely that a person would master several languages at the level required to create idiomatic translations. Not everyone agrees with this, and it’s not uncommon to see professional translators work into two or three languages. However, it would seem very improbable that a person would be able to create quality translations into ten, much less 100 languages.
ErickMalone

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:10:46 AM

I would say, maybe try putting up a profitable business? Something that is an essential to your location, it does not need to be big - start small. Many Chinese people need not to find a job because they have their own, plus you get to manage it to your own mindset. Most get rich and billionaires even but still depending on your business.

Or devote your time in earning bitcoin? You only need time and internet (also strategies in managing your earning like investing).

Best wishes you get through! Cheesy
cryptothief

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 09:44:38 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2018, 12:55:29 AM by cryptothief
Merited by paxmao (1)

You should try registering an account on https://www.fiverr.com/ if you want to bring in some real live cash. Can pretty much advertise any work on there and there's a decent amount to be made once you start getting positive feedback, which should not take long if you provide a good service. Bounty campaigns here are good, but only if you can afford to wait for the money, which I'm guessing is not the situation you are in right now.

Not sure what your skills are, but judging by the previous posts, anything internet related should be within your grasp. I haven't sold any services on there, but I've bought a few, and paid anywhere between $5 (minimum for a job) and $30, but with add ons, a single job can earn you a lot more than that. Check out the site and see if there are any sections which match up with your skills (or something you could learn quickly). Build yourself a portfolio with some previous work and you're good to go. The good thing about picking up jobs on freelance sites like Fiverr or a couple mentioned earlier, is that even when you do start a 'normal' job again, you can still do it on the side to earn some extra cash. Use your time wisely, focus and you will be back on your feet soon enough. Good luck.
signalbitbot

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 08:17:26 AM

So it's not your job.
The main thing without panic, you need to weigh your abilities.
wudackprod

Activity: 1316
Merit: 121

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:55:59 PM

Attention: I am really in great trouble so please stop chasing post in this thread.

On 7th Feb I was told by my company that they stopped focusing on my region and hence they no longer need my services. So laid me off without any warning.

I have been working for them for almost 8 years. And all of a sudden losing my job was a shock. Honestly, I still can not accept this fact and can not think of anything. I am totally blank till now.

My job did not require me to interact with many people. And also I am an introvert person. I worked for a foreign company

Trying to keep my calm and also don't want to make any desperate move.

Now I am going to look for another job but it is unlikely I will succeed. As internet is full of competitions and employers don't try to investigate, and rather look for previous client's feedbacks.

Also with my savings I can survive a few months. Note that I live in a 3rd world country and not much opportunities.

So if you guys have any suggestions/ideas to share, then please share.

2 days ago I lost my job too. But I'm not upset, because for half a year I've been working in the world of crypto-currency and bounty and have a good income. Why do not you devote more time to this forum?
Kleo-kripto

Activity: 220
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 11:19:22 PM

You ask on this forum what to do?

And do you know that most of the participants here earn decent money on bounty campaigns?
With your knowledge, you can make translations, and they are paid very generously for them. You can write articles about ICO projects. They are also well paid. You can shoot video reviews about the projects of ICO.

With your skills and knowledge, you can earn much more, at least - not less. It is only necessary to exert a little effort. And it does not matter at all in what country you live? For example, today I received 650 dollars in Credits coins for the first article and have already transferred a part to the card, which is very gratifying! Work and you will succeed! Good luck!
teramit
Legendary

Activity: 1869
Merit: 1387

The Last Cryptocoin Burner

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:23:12 PM

You cant earn much from bounties with that experience, but i can say if there is an option to buy and sell cyrypto on your country try arbitrage. Buy from foreign sources and sell locally. Or even buy from street and sell to exchanges maybe a good job. You start with small amounts and grow by time. Jsut start trading , buy and sell at Malls at exchanges but not trading by arbitraging. i start trading then converted to arbitrage so search prices then your place between them. Before bitcoin i was selling cpus pc parts and it was just coming from searching prices. if you look around enough you can find differencies between same items so just consider this.
Ahmat faisol

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:11:55 AM

a big disaster for some people who experience something like you,
long enough I think from the time you worked for the company for 8 years and it is impossible you do not have experience of the company.
as a suggestion from me that you will try to find a suitable job from the experience you have in order to meet the needs of your family life and active in this forum so you can adjust to a job that is here,
every science will not come if someone does not want to read and learn.
as a guide for you to read the rules and some things that exist, which will add to your knowledge.
or if you want to try to work in the field of buying and selling criptocurency there is enough find local market from your country but need to know that criptocurency trading have high risk for beginner.
gawer33

Activity: 309
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:45:50 PM

"if there a will, there a way" there is a bounty, airdrops, and steemit. you can also try to become freelance like upwork. what kind of work do you have before?
bigmaster23

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:21:19 PM

Seriously, this topic itself don't need any answer probably. It is good to answer the problem but with all of our opinion could not make your decision making as good as it was introvert person have different perception in life they will succeed in their own truly making something their good at, I know this 'cause Imma introvert myself, sound so stupid to give a lesson but I could not help myself to type the word, let you take my plain and painful advice. You should not wave the white flag already give the time that will suffice your unravel idea to being settled with your delusion mindset of how about tomorrow, tomorrow itself will play its part even if you lie in bed all day and being lazy to deal with the problem, I'm in no position to lecture but you're the only who can resovle the problem since your the ones facing it.
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:40:21 PM

It all depends on your skills. What can you do? Do you know programming?
I guess you could check out this board, maybe even post a "looking for job" topic.

I know it can be difficult, but there is always some job you can do. And more valuable your skills are, more you will earn obviously.
If your cost of living is still higher than any salary you can earn, than you will simply have to decrease your spending.
obviously this forum offers a lot of work ,, if you have special talents like make design, bbcode and like ,, there can open the service pembuata in discussion service https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=52.0 or if there can make design your unique crypto theme can you ask me ,, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3087133.msg31837132#msg31837132

hopefully this is useful buddy
arif dar

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:25:59 AM

In my suggestion you must start some business on small scale utilize your saving otherwise saving will be spend. and beside this search online vacancies on government websites and drop your CV,hopefully you will find some good job on your previous work experience basis/ good luck....
247mining

Activity: 161
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:38:06 AM

if you don't mind I'll give you my piece of advice too. when you gonna choose the next job - think about the worst part of the previous one and try to avoid it. to escape the same mistake. from my experience (working for 3 times in the same field but different companies) I can exactly say you better find what is more likely to meet your expectation from working process and details. 
SeanL9941

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 05:21:45 PM

I'm 34 years old and still don't know what to do with my life. Maybe i need a couch?
Cryptodetails

Activity: 140
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:39:21 AM

What's the local industry around you look like?
You can develop a plan for how to return to the field of activity or a company similar to the one that had to leave. Maybe you will want to try your hand at another area, for example, decide to start a new career, go to get an education or change your life, redistributing a new time between personal affairs and work.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: