Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:35:22 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: -- Your Favorite Crypto-Coins - Mine, Buy and Pump --  (Read 3925 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 01:36:09 PM

I thought they admitted it? As part of proving they were the person who previously wrote this that or the other code in the past?

Didn't the whole offer to write the GPU miner for primecoin start out with "I am the guy you already know, who did this that and the other thing" ?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
OleOle

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 03:14:10 PM

Perhaps this is slightly off-topic, but with respect to people's favourite crypto-coins, what's being said here seems to indicate that the world of crypto-coins is riddled with, how shall I phrase it... people of questionable character and... markets which may be rigged more than others and... more pitfalls than normal for miners and participants.

Assuming this is correct, how is a slightly wary newb to proceed? Is there a listing of, say, the best merged mining pools to efficiently mine crypto-coins, or some agreement on the better exchanges to use or maybe even a coin ranking, perhaps a top ten, with 'most reliable' or 'most accepted' coins at the top cascading down to... well, the less accepted and the less reliable?

As with licensed financial exchanges, you can make serious money trading in penny stocks or exploratory mining companies. But for those people who'd prefer not to wade in mud is the best path just to stay away from most altcoins or are there a top-tier group of coins worth mining and trading?

Be grateful for your comments. And my apologies if these remarks are best appended to another thread, feel free to point me in the right direction.

Thanks very much  Smiley

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 08:58:04 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 12:16:27 AM by Vlad2Vlad

Perhaps this is slightly off-topic, but with respect to people's favourite crypto-coins, what's being said here seems to indicate that the world of crypto-coins is riddled with, how shall I phrase it... people of questionable character and... markets which may be rigged more than others and... more pitfalls than normal for miners and participants.

Assuming this is correct, how is a slightly wary newb to proceed? Is there a listing of, say, the best merged mining pools to efficiently mine crypto-coins, or some agreement on the better exchanges to use or maybe even a coin ranking, perhaps a top ten, with 'most reliable' or 'most accepted' coins at the top cascading down to... well, the less accepted and the less reliable?

As with licensed financial exchanges, you can make serious money trading in penny stocks or exploratory mining companies. But for those people who'd prefer not to wade in mud is the best path just to stay away from most altcoins or are there a top-tier group of coins worth mining and trading?

Be grateful for your comments. And my apologies if these remarks are best appended to another thread, feel free to point me in the right direction.

Thanks very much  Smiley

Bro, if there's one thing about my threads it's that there's no worries about being off topic.

There's easy money to be made in Cryptos (with little to no laws, regulations or oversight) so clearly it's gonna be riddled with scams and scammers.

I would say the most stable or less scammy coins would be be the first top 5 or so coins which were started and never died.

Among these would be coins such as Devcoin, Litecoin, ixCoin, of course, Bitcoin and maybe a couple others.
Most of the new coins can be called either CrapCoins or ScamCoins, even my own coin, NUGGETS.  As such, you're risking a lot when buying alt coins.  

The best way to proceed is to mine the most profitable (as outlined by coinchoose) and dump it on any pumps.  If you're buying coins, like me, then it's riskier.  New coins tend to get pumped so then you can speculate and hope to dump on time.  But that too is risky.

My strategy remains:  Play the upcoming Bitcoin ETF, with my 2 main picks being ixCoin and devcoin, in that order.  

I made an error in judgement.  I thought when the Bitcoin ETF comes out and Bitcoin goes to $1,000 that all alt coins would sky-rocket.  But the recent Bitcoin run to $140 proved to me the exact opposite will happen.  99% of the coins will get killed, driven to near zero but for whatever reason a few will sky-rocket.

I have outlined my arguments for why I think ixCoin will be Wallstreet's choice for an ETF 2.0, so I won't go into detail here.

Good luck!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 09:02:43 PM

People bought seven million in shares of something made by that same scammer who scammed people 250 bitcoins for microcash coin development then lately 75 bitcoins for GPU primecoin miner?

Gluttons for punishment or what? Weird.

-MarkM-

Was it ever actually confirmed that RS was Mltrl (spelling)  from what i saw people only ever hinted at it, using loosely selected posts from both users which seemed to have similar grammatical errors in them. Now I'm no sherlock holmes but im pretty sure having the same spelling mistakes as someone else doesn't confirm you are that person ;-)

Who is RS?  That doesn't ring a bell?  I've only been in Cryptos for about 4 months.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
OleOle

Activity: 532

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:53:32 AM

There's easy money to be made in Cryptos (with little to no laws, regulations or oversight) so clearly it's gonna be riddled with scams and scammers.

I would say the most stable or less scammy coins would be be the first top 5 or so coins which were started and never died.

Among these would be coins such as Devcoin, Litecoin, ixCoin, of course, Bitcoin and maybe a couple others.
Most of the new coins can be called either CrapCoins or ScamCoins, even my own coin, NUGGETS.  As such, you're risking a lot when buying alt coins.  

Thanks very much Vlad, I really appreciate your honest assessment and information. I'll probably just stick to the top five and leave it at that, although who knows, maybe I'll get hooked on trading them and just buy anything with the word 'coin' after it.

The pool I'm in generates Namecoins as a merged mining bonus and when I read up on NMC and discovered the whole domain name angle which sounded rather hip and counter-cultural, I felt like some underground apparatchik so I think to I'll use some NMC to buy a .bit domain if only for the hell of it. Other than that, I can't really see why there are being mined, other than that timeless reason, "Because they can". I understand that they are somehow identical to the BTC blockchain and can be mined simultaneously (same but different apparently) but unless there is any genuine reason for people to buy them, I can only see them trending down in price as there appears to be very few demand triggers and people like me with no real idea of what they are for just offload them when they meet the threshold amount to sell. Not sure if it was you or someone else on this thread who remarked that it was often the larger pools changing which altcoins they mined that provided much of the event-driven price action. I guess all of this just underscores how little I know and how easy it would be to get burned in the various coins.

"'SuicideCoin'? Whoa! That sounds edgy, gimme some of those."
"'AirCoin'? That could really go high!"
"'FuctCoin'? I wonder what that's all about? I better buy and find out."

Cheesy

rikkejohn

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:58:04 PM

Anybody here buying COL, ZET, ADT or ixCoin?

If so can you state how much you're trying to accumulate roughly and if its a trade position or a long term hold?

I'm accumulating ixCoin, DGC, ZET, Quark and a few others for long term positions which I will not sell until long after a Bitcoin ETF is launched. 

And then I'm accumulating positions in newer coins like COL, ADT and a few others with the intention of taking advantage of their volatility and trading these coins on a regular basis. 

I like ADT, sadly I didn't buy it when hit 0000003 the other week (cancelled a 50 LTC order (lol)). However, I picked up some at a very cheap price at BTCLTC.com - not sure exactly what I paid because it was in CNY (but a lot cheaper than it is there now) - but it's worth about 7 times more than I paid. I did the same with COL, but unfortunately the COL seems to have disappeared into a black hole of a blockchain.

I think I'll keep the ADT in the hope it gets the crap pumped out of it at some point (currently looking possible).

As far as accumulating coins, it is all high risk. Prices a month or so ago were more favourable. With BTC and LTC being extraordinarily expensive, it makes alts absurdly expensive, too (seeing as they are valued against either coin).

Anyway, until the market looks relatively stable I am not keeping coins at all. I do a bit of trading with LTC, which I buy first, then cash out at BTC-e. Dollars seem the safe bet.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: