Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:59:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] NanoFury NF1 USB stick - Group Buy + Product Assembly  (Read 74282 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 03:12:50 PM

This was the last straw for me to not even consider these guys. Stack this on top of no video, no proof of work.. nothing.... don't waste your time
Might as well call it VaporFury1
If you are going to have a pre-order, SHOW US WHAT WE ARE ORDERING!

There's always got to be at least one.  Notice the username too.  Fitting.
Always one what there chief? One who questions the word? I don't drink the koolaid without finding out what's in it. So far we saw a screwed up motherboard.. then the op states he soldere the usb connector on wrong.. very reassuring and comforting knowing this stuff isn't it?.. Just a little hint... if you fuck something up like that.. don't tell the people you are wanting to invest in you and your project so you don't look amature.

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 06:33:41 PM

This was the last straw for me to not even consider these guys. Stack this on top of no video, no proof of work.. nothing.... don't waste your time

Always one what there chief? One who questions the word? I don't drink the koolaid without finding out what's in it. So far we saw a screwed up motherboard.. then the op states he soldere the usb connector on wrong.. very reassuring and comforting knowing this stuff isn't it?.. Just a little hint... if you fuck something up like that.. don't tell the people you are wanting to invest in you and your project so you don't look amature.

You called it vaporware.  Now that there is evidence of progress, suddenly it's not "vaporware" but "amateur hour".  You said "Show us what we are buying!" and then when they did, you criticized that.  If you don't like what you see, then move on. 
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 06:47:17 PM

If you are not participating what are you doing here?
vs3 (OP)

Activity: 622

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 10:45:08 PM

AAAAaaaaand it seems Slush likes our device!!! :-)

cgminer seems happy too:

I'll be posting some more pictures and stuff a bit later! Smiley

rampantparanoia

Activity: 516
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 10:48:48 PM

vs3, how long did you run that device to get 51 shares?
nemercry

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

Vice versa is not a meal.

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 10:52:46 PM

cgminer seems happy too:

Nice.
Could you do a testrun at higher speeds. Lets say longterm run aroung 2.1 - 2.3 GH/s?
vs3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 11:11:55 PM

vs3, how long did you run that device to get 51 shares?

Probably about 30 seconds... I was so excited when I saw the result that I took the screenshot right away Smiley

vs3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 11:29:38 PM

https://i.imgur.com/ETzxinH.png

cgminer seems happy too:
https://i.imgur.com/DhwGucc.png

Nice.
Could you do a testrun at higher speeds. Lets say longterm run aroung 2.1 - 2.3 GH/s?

Definitely. We'll be doing a lot of testing over the next few days and will certainly post more results and statistics.

vs3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 11:36:30 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2013, 01:30:09 AM by vs3

PREORDER CLOSING TIME WILL BE 10:00 AM PACIFIC TIME ON OCT-2 (17:00 UTC)

UPDATE OCT/1 : We might be able to accommodate a few extra orders before we've purchased all components.
Any orders received after the final price has been announced will be required to prepay them in full.
We'll be ordering all components and services on Oct/6 and there will be no exceptions after that's happened!

Orders placed after that will be automatically cancelled!

Edit: Updated to match opening post (regarding last-minute orders)

vs3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 01:28:33 AM

In the mean time we got several requests for people to jump in the last second and place their order before the end of the week. Below is the update from the opening post in that regard:

UPDATE OCT/1 : We might be able to accommodate a few extra orders before we've purchased all components.
Any orders received after the final price has been announced will be required to prepay them in full.
We'll be ordering all components and services on Oct/6 and there will be no exceptions after that's happened!

OleOle

Activity: 532

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 03:36:20 AM

Any chance we could get another status update please? Maybe put it in a larger font or perhaps use another colour in case we miss it?

Thanks in advance  Cheesy

-----

Heard near the water cooler:

"Did you hear about those guys making the new usb Fury devices in the United States?"
"No, I haven't heard. Are those the same devices that some people are calling Red Fury or Blue Fury?"
"I don't know, all I know is that some people prefer to wait a while and buy unseen devices rather than buy similar units that are fully operational."
"Really? Why the hell would they do that?"
"I have absolutely no idea."

-----

Reference: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=296953

vs3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 04:10:31 AM

Any chance we could get another status update please? Maybe put it in a larger font or perhaps use another colour in case we miss it?

Thanks in advance  Cheesy
-----

I'll keep it in mind for the next update Smiley

baros008

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:03:25 AM

Acknowledgments and other information:

* This project was inspired to a great extent by BKKCoin's Klondike K1 Nano Open Source Board and we're grateful for all his work and we'll continue to support his project down the road as we can!

* We've reused the same physical dimensions (including heatsink holes size and position) with the goal that if necessary we may share the same plastic hosing and/or heatsink. We are also planning to release this project as Open Source as well.

I ordered NF1s from marto74 because I am from EU and I would like to prepare heatsinks in advance. I can't find drawing of K1 Nano and I don't know if version 05 still reuses same physical dimensions.

So can you share drawing with physical dimensions of NF1?
OtaconEmmerich

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:22:17 AM

I think I'm gunna wait for a final pricing before I even think about ordering even at BTC0.4 there's a very thin chance to get ROI if any at all. It would be different if it didn't take so long to get units in-hand.
vs3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 05:24:30 PM

Acknowledgments and other information:

* This project was inspired to a great extent by BKKCoin's Klondike K1 Nano Open Source Board and we're grateful for all his work and we'll continue to support his project down the road as we can!

* We've reused the same physical dimensions (including heatsink holes size and position) with the goal that if necessary we may share the same plastic hosing and/or heatsink. We are also planning to release this project as Open Source as well.

I ordered NF1s from marto74 because I am from EU and I would like to prepare heatsinks in advance. I can't find drawing of K1 Nano and I don't know if version 05 still reuses same physical dimensions.

So can you share drawing with physical dimensions of NF1?

Baros - I'll post that a bit later today.

vs3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 05:25:42 PM

As announced in the opening post:

PREORDER IS NOW CLOSED

UPDATE OCT/2 : We'll be announcing the final price at some point tomorrow (while we confirm actual component prices today and tomorrow).
As announced on Oct/1 we can still accommodate a few more orders but they will not influence the price anymore. Cut-off date for any additional last-minute orders is Oct/6.

vs3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 08:14:16 AM

UPDATE OCT/7 : We've now ordered all NanoFury NF1 devices for manufacturing. Everyone that placed an order has been sent an email with instructions for the second payment (which was also due to bitcointalk being down for several days). If you placed an order and did not get one with those instructions please send an email and PM to vs3 just in case and we'll get back to you

vs3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 09:30:30 AM

Here are the PCB dimensions and heatsink holes positions. Please note that holes would likely end up being a 0.1mm smaller (as they'll be metalized).

baros008

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 09:58:49 AM

Thanks
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 09:28:12 PM

Out of the 3 or 4 that I'll be putting together some will be going to the various miner software developers (e.g. one will be going to Luke-Jr so that he can start integrating support into his bfgminer, etc).
FWIW, I can confirm receipt of this. I plan to include NanoFury support in BFGMiner 3.4 at the latest.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: