Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:06:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Most popular wallets list for Bitcoin and Altcoins  (Read 142 times)
Sanjeewa101 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 12:15:34 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2018, 06:52:17 AM by Sanjeewa101

Most popular wallets for Cryptocurrency beginners and Newcomers
If there are missing one feel free to comment here.

Bitcoin Wallets

Online Wallets
01.Blockchain.info
02.Bitgo.com
03.Coin.space
04.Bitcoin.com
05.Coinbase.com And Exchange

There are exchanges supply a bitcoin and altcoin wallets but It not secure(Exchange can be hack) and We don't have full control of it. Exchange wallet address can't use for ICO's.

Software wallets
01.Electrum.org
02.Bitcoin Core   https://bitcoin.org/en/wallets/desktop/windows/bitcoincore
03.Btcarmory.com
04.Arcbit.io

Mobile Wallets
01.Wallet.mycelium.com
02.Copay.io(iOS and Android)
03.Breadapp.com(iOS and Android)
04.Jaxx.io/(iOS and Android)
05.Airbitz.co/(iOS and Android)
06.Coinomi.com

Hardware wallets( Recommended wallets)
01.Opendime.com
02.Trezor.io
03.Ledgerwallet.com

Also, You can use Paper wallets for store bitcoins

Etherium and ER20 Base wallets to Store Altcoins
01.MyEtherWallet.com
02.Metamask.io
03.Mist      Github.com/ethereum/mist/releases
04.Parity.io
05.Mycrypto.com(Latest one Most Identical to MEW)

NEO Base wallets
01.Neon Wallet 0.1.2 (Desktop)    Github.com/CityOfZion/neon-wallet/releases
02.Neo GUI (Desktop)     Github.com/neo-project/neo-gui/releases/tag/v2.2.0
03.Neotracker.io(Web)
04.Neowallet.cn(Web)

Waves and Wave base coins
01.Waveswallet.io
02.Wavesplatform.com/ge-waves(Desktop)

Please comment out if there are any other important wallets if available and advice and suggections using wallets.

Alexander_Z

Activity: 114
Merit: 26

Z

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:29:49 PM

A comment about Bitcoin Core: while it is the original bitcoin wallet, today it is not as popular as the others and is probably not suitable for beginners. The reason is that it consumes a lot of resources. I used it until 2016, when the size of the bitcoin blockchain became close to 100GB. It requires a lot of disk space and the disk better be SSD, because otherwise syncing would be very slow. Now it is mainly for enthusiasts, for beginners it is better to use a lightweight client, such as Electrum.
Sanjeewa101 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 12:53:15 PM

A comment about Bitcoin Core: while it is the original bitcoin wallet, today it is not as popular as the others and is probably not suitable for beginners. The reason is that it consumes a lot of resources. I used it until 2016, when the size of the bitcoin blockchain became close to 100GB. It requires a lot of disk space and the disk better be SSD, because otherwise syncing would be very slow. Now it is mainly for enthusiasts, for beginners it is better to use a lightweight client, such as Electrum.

Yes It is, But Definitely, It should list here for knowledge
HodorHodl

Activity: 84
Merit: 58

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:00:10 PM

Would it be an idea to update the list for multi-coin wallets like Exodus too?

Just a thought.
ferall

Activity: 672
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:00:43 PM

I remember when it was a lot smaller and syncing was still a real pain.
Jr.

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:55:18 PM

Theirs a lot of digital wallet now! But remember to bookmark your site after creating your own account, since phishing this days is too much and too many victims are posting about their loss BTC and coins.

tge.HORYOUToken.io    ■))   BLOCKCHAIN WITH A PURPOSE
▐ ███████████████   JOIN THE TGE   《《《 ▀ ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:37:41 PM

You should add well-known wallet and wallet that i still use as of now for other altcoin and bitcoin..
electrum is the best and safe wallet that i experience that you can use segwit address and you can pay lesser fee than the legacy wallet..
Also add coinomi for mobile i use this wallet for receiving ethereum and zcash that i mine from flypool and as of now i am holding large amount of zcash and transferring little amount and its still working fine to me so i think better to add this as in your listed mobile wallet above like airbitz i don't trust this site its new to me and the other  wallet like jaxx i heard a lots of issue about this wallet.. so i recommend to add this 2 as well known and trusted wallet. .

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Alexander_Z

Z

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:27:45 PM

Yes It is, But Definitely, It should list here for knowledge

I agree that it should be mentioned, but with a warning - "not beginner friendly" or something.
Alexander_Z

Z

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:36:33 PM

I remember when it was a lot smaller and syncing was still a real pain.

Earlier versions, back in 2011 or a bit later (I do not remember exactly) were terribly slow, but then a newer version was released (changed algorithms for working with the database or something) that was much better. At present the main problem with Bitcoin Core is the sheer size of the blockchain.
hagiyatmaz

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:12:01 PM

I have not yet decided which wallet I should choose. I want to use it on my mobile phone at the same time. also a wallet that will not bother with security. I am waiting for veterans' advice.
Sanjeewa101 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 06:53:30 AM

You should add well-known wallet and wallet that i still use as of now for other altcoin and bitcoin..
electrum is the best and safe wallet that i experience that you can use segwit address and you can pay lesser fee than the legacy wallet..
Also add coinomi for mobile i use this wallet for receiving ethereum and zcash that i mine from flypool and as of now i am holding large amount of zcash and transferring little amount and its still working fine to me so i think better to add this as in your listed mobile wallet above like airbitz i don't trust this site its new to me and the other  wallet like jaxx i heard a lots of issue about this wallet.. so i recommend to add this 2 as well known and trusted wallet. .

I add coinomi to the list, It have lot good reviews over internet
Sanjeewa101 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 07:01:27 AM

The hardware wallet opendime is security ? Seem it's new...
Still good device, No security issue complains.
https://hackernoon.com/exquisite-opendime-ad1195a2790e
UltimaTradr

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:42:42 AM

Just use Paxful.com to trade and earn more
Sanjeewa101 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 01:24:37 PM