Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:57:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are bitcoin transaction prices so expensive?  (Read 487 times)
mirzanaufal2701 (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 02:26:48 PM

Why are bitcoin transaction prices so expensive?

Bitcoin has been growing rapidly since its inception until now, many investors are investors who have put their trust in the development of bitcoin, because cryptocurrency has become a common thing if it becomes a solution of future transactions, although not all countries accept with space and what it is, but ever think why bitcoin transactions take a lot of coin, even just transfer some satosi it's transfer fee has been beat the cost sent itself, why so, let us discuss together
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:31:27 PM
Merited by pixie85 (1)

What are you talking about? Bitcoin transaction fees are like a few cents to a dollar now! Heck, my 5sat/byte transactions are even going through. Maybe you should have complained about the transaction fees like a month ago. Tongue  Blockchain isn't even congested now, thankfully; we're currently only at 10k unconfirmed transactions[1] as we speak. Which is very low in my opinion.

[1] https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
derigop

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:34:20 PM

Bitcoin has been growing rapidly since its inception until now, many investors are investors who have put their trust in the development of bitcoin, because cryptocurrency has become a common thing if it becomes a solution of future transactions, although not all countries accept with space and what it is, but ever think why bitcoin transactions take a lot of coin, even just transfer some satosi it's transfer fee has been beat the cost sent itself, why so, let us discuss together

In my opinion why the transaction prices so expensive is because I think they are improving their security because of the recently scamming news in different countries. Security is very needed specially to the professional scammers and it is ongoing online.
sashulya7979

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:05:32 PM

I would like to make the price of transactions fixed to a small part even with the growth of bitcoin itself, somehow I put a small commission myself, and the transaction goes a long time in relation to the standard commission, of course my opinion, but it would be cool!
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:18:29 PM

There is already few solution for cheaper transaction;

1. Segwit transaction
2. Lightning network (soon to be activated)

When network is not congested tx fee is lower than usual centralized payment gateway. Recently I have made few transaction with just few cents in fee so don't know why you are still talking about high tx fee.

VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:39:37 PM

Looks like you posted it just to increase your post count, aren't you? when the price goes down this past few weeks, Bitcoin transactions fees become cheaper, last night I tried making transaction and paid 20sat/byte (0.00004207 BTC) and it got confirmed with less than an hour (note that I have used a legacy address with this transaction, so it can be more cheaper if I have used a segwit address), that's too cheap compared on how expensive it was few weeks or months ago, but we cannot say that transaction fees will constantly be like these forever, because there are those Bitcoin Cash supporters that will surely spam a transactions with very low fees on Bitcoin network.
mirzanaufal2701 (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 05:30:07 PM

Looks like you posted it just to increase your post count, aren't you? when the price goes down this past few weeks, Bitcoin transactions fees become cheaper, last night I tried making transaction and paid 20sat/byte (0.00004207 BTC) and it got confirmed with less than an hour (note that I have used a legacy address with this transaction, so it can be more cheaper if I have used a segwit address), that's too cheap compared on how expensive it was few weeks or months ago, but we cannot say that transaction fees will constantly be like these forever, because there are those Bitcoin Cash supporters that will surely spam a transactions with very low fees on Bitcoin network.

what do you mean, sorry I just want to open a forum, maybe in a different country, because in my country bitcoin transactions on the website that serves the exchange of my country money, up or down bitcoin prices, the price remains in pegok of 0.0005. so ye apologize if i am wrong but so the fact that happened in my country
bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:45:15 PM

what do you mean, sorry I just want to open a forum, maybe in a different country, because in my country bitcoin transactions on the website that serves the exchange of my country money, up or down bitcoin prices, the price remains in pegok of 0.0005. so ye apologize if i am wrong but so the fact that happened in my country
Bitcoin transaction fees aren’t country specific nor dependent on any website. Are you talking about the fees of some exchange in your country? If they’re too high to your liking, can’t you use another exchange somewhere in the world?

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
heureca

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:49:52 PM

What are you talking about? Bitcoin transaction fees are like a few cents to a dollar now! Heck, my 5sat/byte transactions are even going through. Maybe you should have complained about the transaction fees like a month ago. Tongue  Blockchain isn't even congested now, thankfully; we're currently only at 10k unconfirmed transactions[1] as we speak. Which is very low in my opinion.

[1] https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

At present it is much better that it was 1-2 months ago. As I remember BTC transaction fee was up to 20-25$ when BTC price was 20k Smiley

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:52:39 PM

You are kind of late to have this kind of thread.

It is okay now even with the value of bitcoin spiking.
Maybe you meant the fees in the trading websites. That is where it needs change. They use pools and creates a lot of money by hoarding a lot of transactions before they will send it to the users.

Good thing Yolodice have just 15k satoshis of batched fee. Even if it takes a while I will pick that choice.
ALI AKBAR

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:22:54 PM

Bitcoin prices have increased since the beginning. Many investors are investing in future for the development of the country. Thus, the number of investors increasing daily. In other words, it is because of the huge demand in the Bitcoin market. It is being handed over to almost the world. Bitcoin is affecting the country, due to these it is so expensive.
laryillary

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:27:49 AM

An indication of the upcoming growth of bitcoin is the demand for and popularity of the crypto currency, as well as advertising because the more users know about this currency and about the opportunity to earn it, the more they want to invest their money in this currency.

The history of the bitcoin course is rich in constant fluctuations. Due to extensive advertising, the rate of btc is constantly growing. However, experienced pampers, often invent negative news about this crypto currency in order to collapse the course and make money on it.
bayu7adi

Activity: 1414
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 10:05:35 PM

because the price of Bitcoin is now not $ 1 more per BTC
now the price of 1 BTC is $ 7k
while transaction fee is determined based on BTC price
if the BTC price goes up to $ 100k, then the transaction fee will become even more expensive
so in my opinion that cause expensive fee is its price
Anti-Cen

Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:07:53 PM

What are you talking about? Bitcoin transaction fees are like a few cents to a dollar now!

Yeah because my home banking fees are free and transaction fees for BTC was below $0.01 for most of it's eight year life.

Fees hitting $55 killed the golden goose and make no mistake that this will never be forgotten and is what you
call extortion.

I won't go into the value of the money in my bank is not dropping like a stone or about apparent hackers steeling
BTC because I bet you will be asking "What are you talking about" !

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Zendalet

Merit: 12

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:11:19 PM

because the price of Bitcoin is now not $ 1 more per BTC
now the price of 1 BTC is $ 7k
while transaction fee is determined based on BTC price
if the BTC price goes up to $ 100k, then the transaction fee will become even more expensive
so in my opinion that cause expensive fee is its price

You're right, it has been blown way out of proportion by the press. In fiat terms, yes it was high, but it should have been put in perspective. Even so there was a point where the BTC price for transactions was higher than desirable too. There has been a lot of research to improve scaling and lower the transaction fees. It's cutting edge, a work-in-progress, but the mainstream press has been merciless, painting Bitcoin as a finalized product.
Zendalet

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:15:36 PM

What are you talking about? Bitcoin transaction fees are like a few cents to a dollar now!

Yeah because my home banking fees are free and transaction fees for BTC was below $0.01 for most of it's eight year life.

Fees hitting $55 killed the golden goose and make no mistake that this will never be forgotten and is what you
call extortion.

I won't go into the value of the money in my bank is not dropping like a stone or about apparent hackers steeling
BTC because I bet you will be asking "What are you talking about" !

You really can't compare traditional banking fees with Bitcoin transaction fees. Cryptocurrency transactions and bank transactions aren't the same thing, and as a frequent visitor of BitcoinTalk you ought to know that. Otherwise I really don't know what you're doing here. Bitcoin transactions are decentralized, immutable and secured through a cryptographic proof-of-work consensus algorithm.
Anti-Cen

Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:45:31 PM

You're right, it has been blown way out of proportion by the press. In fiat terms, yes it was high, but it should have been put in perspective. Even so there was a point where the BTC price for transactions was higher than desirable too. There has been a lot of research to improve scaling and lower the transaction fees. It's cutting edge, a work-in-progress, but the mainstream press has been merciless, painting Bitcoin as a finalized product.

Charging $55 just to store 250 bytes of data was out of proportion, not by the press but common sense and save the mumbo jumbo
about scaling because your not even a programmers but as a punter even you should be asking the question that if the block-chain was
so good then why is being "off-block" in the lightning network now such a cool new plan.

L@@K >>>>>>>>>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYHFrf5ci_g <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

if you think you can manage the technical side then do read the white paper
https://lightning.network/lightning-network-paper.pdf or at least take a peek at
the network map https://lnmainnet.gaben.win/

What part of banker running and charging fees for the lightning network hubs would you like to go over with me
because I am more than happy to oblige or are you being paid to post outdated sale literature with bullshit about it
being cutting edge.

Come talk to me when you want to lean about bits and bytes or scaling because you are being feed
problem-reaction-solution and appear to be soaking it up.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:52:06 PM

It was not blown out of proportions just by the press but it was a reality that you were not able to send your coins a few months back smoothly and you have to pay a very high fees and longer time period for the transaction to get through and as a user we need to have cheaper transaction fees because the real use of bitcoin is to transfer anywhere in the world with less fees and now the transaction charges are really low like in the past couple of years.
justine11

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:26:38 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 03:49:19 AM by justine11

Lol the fees are a lot lower now compare to the last years transaction fees and i think the reason behind the transaction fees get too high last year is, there are a lot spam attacks going on (made by jihan and roger ver's suporters just to change the scalability) as a result the mempool got bloated and as a result the transaction fees got too high
yraskk

Activity: 104

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:28:53 PM

This is because the thread is too old, it is from february, anyway, the fees have never been so low during this year.

Almost $0,10 for a single transaction, they were upto $20 on december!
Lol the fees are a lot lower now compare to the last years transaction fees

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: