Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 07:23:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Ethereum have SPV wallets already?  (Read 151 times)
BillyBobZorton (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:52:48 PM

As a Bitcoin only user, I haven't been paying attention to anything else, but last time I checked, Ethereum still didn't had SPV wallets. I need to generate an ETH address quickly to save some ER20 tokens or any non ETH related tokens whatsoever, what can I use?

Note that I don't want to download anything, so Parity is out of the question.
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1584
Merit: 1278

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 04:31:54 PM
Merited by examplens (1)

Yes eth has some SPV wallets where you don't need to download the entire blockchain to store your tokens.To save your ERC20 tokens without downloading anything I recommend you paper wallet (myetherwallet).   MEW is the fastest way of generating a eth address so quickly which requires only to enter the password to get an address. Some of the other popular secure SPV wallets for storing eth is jaxx but on the other hand jaxx doesn't support all the erc20 tokens. Next to jaxx there is Metamask a chrome based lightweight eth wallet where your tokens will be safe. Choose between these 3 wallets:

1. MEW - Best eth wallet on net and the most secure and supports all the erc20 tokens.
2. Jaxx - Second best, buy supports few erc20 tokens
3. Metamask - Best chrome based lightweight wallet for storing eth and it's tokens in a very secure way. Metamask can be downloaded from Chrome webstore.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: