Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:32:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO Red Flags  (Read 696 times)
tokenrecord (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:11:28 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 10:08:33 AM by tokenrecord
Merited by paxmao (3), scambust (1), silent17 (1), sylance (1), mikfresh (1), rb26 (1)

Right now there are so many ICO that it is hard to figure out all details about what is happening out there and sometimes we miss important red flags about projects that due to lack of time or experience we are not able to identify on time.
That is why we had created a tool to keep track of all red flags and vote for them so everybody can take part in project research share or vote for pieces of information that others found.

Full list of ICO red flags

There are not many yet. Do not judge too hard because right now there is only a small group working on that. Feel free to join and share your information in Red Flag section.

If you have propositions about Red Flag section right here a comment and we will surely add new stuff to make community research more convinient.

For projects:
What should you do if you got a red flags?

For investors:
ICO Red Flags explained for investors
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Judster

Activity: 22
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:16:11 PM

Fantastic idea to make something like coinmarketcal for ICOs with red flags. Will you promote it more aggressive to attract more people (and they would post more info)?
TokenSell

Activity: 137
Merit: 13

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:18:47 PM

10 Feb, 2018 Remme (REM) SSL/TLS vulnerabilities

https://tokensrecord.com/redflags/Remme-SSL/TLS-vulnerabilities-221

More crypto project redflags here https://tokensrecord.com/redflags
TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:26:09 PM

10 Feb, 2018 Remme (REM) Token distribution https://tokensrecord.com/redflags/Remme-Token-distribution-204
TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:46:38 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 02:20:25 PM by TokenSell

New red flag:

Seele (Seele)  Unclear partnerships

No information in the internet about what type of partnership does this project have with mentioned companies and organizations.

macit800

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 04:48:21 PM

It is a very good idea, I have bookmarked the website for use in the future.

TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:25:48 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 02:20:55 PM by TokenSell
Merited by paxmao (1)

New red flag:

dock.io (dock)  Team not full time

Looks like team is not working full time on the project right now. They of course can jump on to project after the ICO when  there will be available funds for full-time imployment. Stenli Duka is also working in Remote.com, for instance.

TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:23:52 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 02:21:21 PM by TokenSell

New red flag:

Metronome (MTN)  Funds Control

The founders will not control project after the ICO and it is not clear how development will be funded.

TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:32:47 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 07:11:42 PM by TokenSell

New red flag:

Metronome (MTN)  Blockchain Support

No information about what type of blockchains will Metronome support.

TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:01:50 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 02:21:31 PM by TokenSell
Merited by paxmao (1)

New red flag:

Metronome (MTN)  Funds Control

The founders will not control project after the ICO and it is not clear how development will be funded.

SERIOUS045

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:04:11 PM

I know this great project called Clearify, fighting scams by verifying ICO addresses.
tokenrecord (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:10:51 PM

I know this great project called Clearify, fighting scams by verifying ICO addresses.

Great. May be we can cooperate.
TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:24:18 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 08:54:59 PM by TokenSell

New red flag:

dock.io (dock)  No info about expesnes

There is not information about how the expenses will be used towards project creation. No breakdown or a pie chart that will explain where all the money raised will go.

TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:36:22 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 02:21:53 PM by TokenSell

New red flag:

Seele (Seele)  Not active BTC topic

Bitcointalk topic is not very active. There is around 120 message now. Thread created is not responding often there.

xaviervilla

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:09:18 PM

Right now there are so many ICO that it is hard to figure out all details about what is happening out there and sometimes we miss important red flags about projects that due to lack of time or experience we are not able to identify on time.
That is why we had created a tool to keep track of all red flags and vote for them so everybody can take part in project research share or vote for pieces of information that others found.

There are not many yet. Do not judge too hard because right now there is only a small group working on that. Feel free to join and share your information in Red Flag section.

If you have propositions about Red Flag section right here a comment and we will surely add new stuff to make community research more convinient.

Wow op, I must say, this really is such a good idea and will really help a lot of newbie investors that are still starting out on investing into ICOs and are looking for great ones in the sea of shit ICOs or simply people that want's to join these ICO's bounties. Not only that, this can also be a great help for those who already are veterans that are too lazy to do thorough research themselves and are looking for easy ways to find out whether the ICOs that they have their eyes on are great to invest in or not.

I really think that this is a great idea. I really do. But the thing that worries me about this is that what if when this source is already big and has become more credible that a lot of people now believes on almost everything that this source spits out then a huge ICO that will pay people to abuse this source to gain more supporters comes? What will happen then? Are there any plans when this type of thing happens?
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:52:04 PM

I've just checked it out and I suppose it's a really promising and useful idea. I will definitely use your site in my researches. Thank you and good luck!

tokenrecord (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:07:13 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 09:22:10 PM by tokenrecord

Wow op, I must say, this really is such a good idea and will really help a lot of newbie investors that are still starting out on investing into ICOs and are looking for great ones in the sea of shit ICOs or simply people that want's to join these ICO's bounties. Not only that, this can also be a great help for those who already are veterans that are too lazy to do thorough research themselves and are looking for easy ways to find out whether the ICOs that they have their eyes on are great to invest in or not.

I really think that this is a great idea. I really do. But the thing that worries me about this is that what if when this source is already big and has become more credible that a lot of people now believes on almost everything that this source spits out then a huge ICO that will pay people to abuse this source to gain more supporters comes? What will happen then? Are there any plans when this type of thing happens?

Thanks for your feedback.

First of all we want to keep this section of the website not offending the ICOs. There are problems every ICO has. We never saw an ICO without Red Flags and still they raised their hard cap. Look at the ICO in January.

The second important thing is that investors will still identify problems connected to project. Having it posted among Red Flags just helps the team understand what they have to work on or at least take in to consideration.

The last but not the least thing we would like to keep it fair and support our work and work of the community with some evidence that will allow to distinguish real and fake. If a team understands the problems and solves it we will be marking red flag as a solved. But still there is discussion that can take place in regards of this or another red flag to provide more opinions on that subject.

We plan to keep it as fair and transparent as possible and ready to work with the community and projects to figure out the best way for this section to exists.

In terms of ICOs that are afraid of red flags being publicly discuss we believe that is not the right way to work in this industry. We hope that crypto investment community will provide enough support for truth to be revealed.

This is a tool that we are ready to improve.

Let us know if you got your questions answered.

P.S. The most important idea is that it is not bad to have Red Flags. The right way is to work on improving your project.
Kristen_Colwell

Activity: 84
Merit: 4

Digital nomad reporting from the cryptosphere

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 09:23:39 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

Great topic!

I've been working with some BitcoinTalk folks on a master list of ICO evaluation questions and would appreciate your input. We've played with the idea of creating a "Deal-Breakers" list like your Red Flags, but haven't formalized anything. The big question with red flags or deal-breakers is how the individual investor views the information. A red flag in some cases may not be a deal-breaker. And a red flag for one person may not be for another, based on opinion and or access to information.

How do you plan to address the issue of gray areas with respect to red flags?

Best,

Crypto-Kristen  Grin

Lions, and Tigers, and CRYPTO, Oh My!
jjbanks994

Activity: 255
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:28:10 PM

What does everyone think of the gibraltar blockchain exchange ico? Token sales platform and crypto exchange. https://gbx.gi
Telegram group - https://t.me/GBXCommunity
JuniAiko

Activity: 126

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 09:38:16 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2018, 09:03:35 AM by JuniAiko

Only bet on an ICO if you can see they have REAL presence elsewhere; i.e. are the team attending crypto conferences, and are there any real collaborations with other companies, and etc. and also very importantly, does the team have a trust-able profile? -- i.e. providing links to their LinkedIn accounts would be a plus.

Bottom line, do not just rely on articles/youtube. Do your own research too!

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
orkoso

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:14:31 PM

This is a much needed tool indeed. There is probably no ICO without a red flag out there, even some of the very best, but I would be interested in grouping for this task.
tokenrecord (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:37:47 PM

Great topic!

I've been working with some BitcoinTalk folks on a master list of ICO evaluation questions and would appreciate your input. We've played with the idea of creating a "Deal-Breakers" list like your Red Flags, but haven't formalized anything. The big question with red flags or deal-breakers is how the individual investor views the information. A red flag in some cases may not be a deal-breaker. And a red flag for one person may not be for another, based on opinion and or access to information.

Best,

Crypto-Kristen  Grin

You got an exhaustive list of questions to be asked before investing into an ICO. That is a great job done!

We believe in the technology and think that any team should have a chance if it is openminded and full of enthusiasm. Nobody knows the future and a small team can make a big difference. However we need to take into consideration risks connected to project.

3. Technology: what is the tech?

What type of technology is it? (DApp? Infrastructure? Currency?)
    What blockchain is it running on?
    Are they developing their own infrastructure instead? If so, why?
    Is the token mineable?

Things that could be added here:
- Is the technology proposed by the team making any difference and helps blockchains to evolve? (Close to this question: Are they developing their own infrastructure instead? If so, why?)
- What problem does this technology solve that is not solved before?
- Does the technology depend on other projects?

4. Minimum Viable Product: how solid is the product?

Is there a working prototype?
    Is there a working prototype code working on a testnet?
    Do they have prototype code at all (even if its not currently executed)?
    Is the code a copycat that implemented no new features?
    Does the code have commentary?
    Does the commentary explain clearly the purpose of the function?
    Are the functions a reasonable length? i.e. are they less than 50 lines?
    Does the code allow for rapid expansion of user base and network interactions?
    Are there any external audits of the code?
    Is the product's technical specification thorough and does it demonstrate mastery of the subject matter?
    Are there people out there who want and need this product right now?
    Does the product benefit from network effects?

Things to add:
- Were there any public tests of the product performance? Number of transactions per second, potential vulnerabilities, etc.
- Do they have a wallet to store coins/tokens saved offline or is it supported by any working wallets that can be used offline?

Another section that is almost every project is weak at is Business Model.
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:42:52 PM

Fantastic job.  This could be really huge and could help people same their money.  These are the kind of solutions we should be asking for... not government regulations.  Our community will pull together and help weed out the scams.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Kristen_Colwell

Activity: 84
Merit: 4

Digital nomad reporting from the cryptosphere

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 11:11:20 PM

Great topic!

Best,

Crypto-Kristen  Grin

You got an exhaustive list of questions to be asked before investing into an ICO. That is a great job done!

We believe in the technology and think that any team should have a chance if it is openminded and full of enthusiasm. Nobody knows the future and a small team can make a big difference. However we need to take into consideration risks connected to project.

3. Technology: what is the tech?

What type of technology is it? (DApp? Infrastructure? Currency?)
    What blockchain is it running on?
    Are they developing their own infrastructure instead? If so, why?
    Is the token mineable?

Things that could be added here:
- Is the technology proposed by the team making any difference and helps blockchains to evolve? (Close to this question: Are they developing their own infrastructure instead? If so, why?)
- What problem does this technology solve that is not solved before?
- Does the technology depend on other projects?

4. Minimum Viable Product: how solid is the product?

Is there a working prototype?
    Is there a working prototype code working on a testnet?
    Do they have prototype code at all (even if its not currently executed)?
    Is the code a copycat that implemented no new features?
    Does the code have commentary?
    Does the commentary explain clearly the purpose of the function?
    Are the functions a reasonable length? i.e. are they less than 50 lines?
    Does the code allow for rapid expansion of user base and network interactions?
    Are there any external audits of the code?
    Is the product's technical specification thorough and does it demonstrate mastery of the subject matter?
    Are there people out there who want and need this product right now?
    Does the product benefit from network effects?

Things to add:
- Were there any public tests of the product performance? Number of transactions per second, potential vulnerabilities, etc.
- Do they have a wallet to store coins/tokens saved offline or is it supported by any working wallets that can be used offline?

Another section that is almost every project is weak at is Business Model.

Thank you for the fast response! I will integrate your feedback now and link to this topic.

Grin

Crypto-Kristen

Lions, and Tigers, and CRYPTO, Oh My!
pickleofstink

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:01:38 AM

Excellent idea!  Bookmarked and I will be submitting any issues I find in ICOs going forward.  I really hope this takes off!
posi

Activity: 2226
Merit: 579

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:48:32 AM

I like your idea OP because is part of something that will make crypto currency grow and the scam thing in the crypto world was the thing that attract the government regulation issues. However, it will be good if you do your research so well not to include legit ICO into your reg flag list.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
tokenrecord (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:59:26 AM

I like your idea OP because is part of something that will make crypto currency grow and the scam thing in the crypto world was the thing that attract the government regulation issues. However, it will be good if you do your research so well not to include legit ICO into your reg flag list.

Do not think that the red flag list is to avoid the ICO mentioned there. The only purpose is to show weak parts of the project and not to demolish the project itself. Almost every ICO has red flags. You still gotta do your own due dilligence before investing and understanding what might affect event legit ICO as you say still should public. Of course those ICO that have low severity red flags could still be joined and invested in.

In order to identify real problems we have two mechanisms that allow to grade each red flag:
1. Severity (low, medium, high, very high).
2. Community rating.

Any team after identifying the problem can explain the reasons for that to take place or fix the issue. Then the red flag will be marked as solved and will have a green checkbox in the top left corner of its box.
modtakels

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:01:37 AM

It gives me more idea which bounty campaigns should i join,most of the ICOs there are being reviewed fairly i think,i hope the people behind this review website are honest,because most of the ICOreview sites are getting paid for the good reviews.

Rules85

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:29:58 AM

Wow, this is a good website, I have added it to my bookmarks.
Because too many ICO projects are now a fraud project, I think this website is very valuable for beginners.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
ovcijisir

Activity: 1492
Merit: 326

🐪

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 09:36:24 AM

Thank you for the website! Very good work.

I would add 1 thing - "Do Team members have recommendations on Linkedin account?"
For some scam projects - scammers can make fake Linkedin accounts, but it is hard to fake account to look legit. Recommendations from legit sources are pretty hard to fake.

TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:05:13 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 02:19:33 PM by TokenSell

New red flag:

TomoCoin (TMC)  Website issues

ICO fever is not leaving us a chance to avoid mistakes. I hope the dev team will fix the issue in navigation of their website.
When you are on sales info page and click RoadMap you are getting a Javascript error.

TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:15:36 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 02:18:58 PM by TokenSell

New red flag:

Havven (HAVVEN)  Stablecoins concept

Stablecoins is a doubtful concept. Look at what is happening to projects like Tether. Where is MakerDAO?

TILXCOIN
Copper Member

TILX COIN - Related to Magic, Art and Culture

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 05:21:23 AM

Good idea and very useful. Thank you for this!  Grin

www.tilxcoin.com
hello@tilxcoin.com

TILX - Bring Magic to the World
www.tilxcoin.com
TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:00:57 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 02:18:26 PM by TokenSell
Merited by paxmao (1)

New red flag:

TilxCoin (TILX)  Huge bonuses

Bonuses for early contributors start from 60% that can lead to flipping after joining any exchange.

TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:58:43 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 02:17:35 PM by TokenSell

New red flag:

TilxCoin (TILX)  Only 1 month social activity

Social activity started only on January 12th even thow in linked profile of the CEO company is mentioned to be working for over 3 years.  

tokenrecord (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:08:47 AM

For projects:

For investors:
rb26

Activity: 247
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:55:45 PM

For projects:

For investors:

Excellent work! I commend you and other people that is working alongside you (if there's any) to help people especially investors to spot red flags in an ico. I've known people who are new to crypto who decided to participate in ico and unfortunately some of it turned out to be scams. Thank you for the time and dedication you've put into this project of yours and I think you deserve one of my "not so many" sMerit for such contribution in this forum. Smiley

TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:42:49 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 02:16:14 PM by TokenSell

New red flag:

Highreward Coin (HIGHCOIN)  4 level affiliate program

More than 2 level affilliate program should make you very suspicious.

TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:25:57 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 02:16:04 PM by TokenSell

New red flag:

Highreward Coin (HIGHCOIN)  Smart Contract Address

Smart Contract address on the home page? You gotta be kidding.

mikfresh

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:09:44 PM

Good job! Wink
TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:11:25 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 02:14:50 PM by TokenSell

New red flag:

Highreward Coin (HIGHCOIN)  No Telegram Group

There is no telegram group with public discussion of the project. Only telegram channel with 11K members that could be easily bought.

sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:25:27 PM

Thanks for making life simpler for a lot of people, and i think going by all the valid constraints and reservations, one can only say, someone is doing the hard work for you, but that still does not mean you do not determine your own reasons against a certain consensus.
TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:43:58 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 02:15:00 PM by TokenSell

New red flag:

Highreward Coin (HIGHCOIN)  Youtube Comments Turned Off

Comments are turned off under every video on youtube channel. Very suspecious.

TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:14:45 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 02:15:08 PM by TokenSell

New red flag:

Highreward Coin (HIGHCOIN)  No Public discussion

Comments are turned off under every video on youtube channel. Very suspecious.

TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:27:50 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 02:15:17 PM by TokenSell

New red flag:

Highreward Coin (HIGHCOIN)  No Public Profiles

No one from the team has public profiles mentioned on the website.

TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:08:34 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 02:15:24 PM by TokenSell

New red flag:

Highreward Coin (HIGHCOIN)  Huge Bonus

118% is too big of a bonus for an ICO. Just imaging how low will be the price on EtherDelta.

TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:03:05 PM

New red flag:

Cryptoneum Coin (CRP)  No Team

There is no team information on token sale website. Never invest into ICO without a team.

beheddard

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:20:53 PM

Really useful post! It's amazing how many scammy ICOs are running at any given time. Hadn't even heard of any of these basically.
TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:42:21 PM

New red flag:

Cryptoneum Coin (CRP)  No Telegram Group

There is only telegram channel with only one message and 21 subscriber.

TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:59:51 PM

New red flag:

Cryptoneum Coin (CRP)  Facebook page is removed

Project facebook page is not there anymore even though the crowdsale is on.

paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1584

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:01:11 PM

Excellent thread. I would say that some of the red flags are more like "yellow" or "orange" flags if you know what I mean. A red flag IMO is something that is a deal breaker. Just to mention some red bright red flags:

- Team´s Linkedin profiles with no contacts or with contacts that once you dig a little bit, don´t look real.
- Lately, as seen on Dencity, some of the advisers deny involvement in the project, yet they are listed.
- There are obvious technical flaws that make the project impossible or very difficult. Not just barriers to overcome, but things that are really impossible. For example, if a network is frequently overloaded, it is unlikely that you will be able to make instant payments with low fees.
- Unrealistic market caps, no soft or hard cap.

I think my point is clear. There are Bright Reds and things that need to be addressed.

cobak pole

Activity: 136

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:22:35 PM

I really like the link you share it and so I can see the list of ico that successful or not hopefully with the info I can get deeper knowledge of the problem ico is active!
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:31:37 PM

that is a very nice and helpful website to avoiding joining campaign or investing to the wrong ICO.
I usually rate the ICO from their support, if their support has a very active admin and they can answer all the ICO related question. I'm sure that will be a good ICO
scambust
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:33:32 PM

Thanks, man. This TokensRecord site is very useful. It cuts down research time when one is searching for investment opportunities. Glad you thought of making it.

Kocret02

Activity: 1120
Merit: 250

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:35:09 PM

Thanks, man. This TokensRecord site is very useful. It cuts down research time when one is searching for investment opportunities. Glad you thought of making it.
I see the site is very useful, so investors do not waste time to choose which projects are good and can make quick choices when going to investment.

auroboros

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:46:57 PM

thanks for the list of ICO redflag, with this we can know which ICO we should avoid, I really appreciate this thread, I will also tell you about ICO maybe you will be interested to join, that is daneel.io, you can read the project description them at www.daneel.io
pacho08

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:05:35 PM

In the first full week after the New Year holiday, pent-up supply is releasing a flood of ICOs, relative to the past three weeks, albeit with tempered expectations. Among the sales and presales set to open this week, there remain some truly crazy hard caps: 65 million USD for “Knowledge,” a kind of Quora-meets-influencer-marketing, for example
My picks aren’t investment advice; you should consult an adviser and do your own research before making a decision
nguyenthithuha

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:44:07 AM

Seele seems to have more and more red flags since scam through their telegram and
Whitelist cancelled ones. Perhaps, people are too excited to seek for the flaws instead of its achievements.
tokenrecord (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:23:52 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2018, 11:38:52 AM by tokenrecord

Excellent thread. I would say that some of the red flags are more like "yellow" or "orange" flags if you know what I mean. A red flag IMO is something that is a deal breaker. Just to mention some red bright red flags:

- Team´s Linkedin profiles with no contacts or with contacts that once you dig a little bit, don´t look real.
- Lately, as seen on Dencity, some of the advisers deny involvement in the project, yet they are listed.
- There are obvious technical flaws that make the project impossible or very difficult. Not just barriers to overcome, but things that are really impossible. For example, if a network is frequently overloaded, it is unlikely that you will be able to make instant payments with low fees.
- Unrealistic market caps, no soft or hard cap.

I think my point is clear. There are Bright Reds and things that need to be addressed.

Thanks. Severity low and medium can be considered as yellow flags that can be usually managed and solved by the team.
tokenrecord (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:25:49 AM

Thanks. You should check out our latest release of member search where you can search members and advisors to be part in multiple projects.
https://tokensrecord.com/membersearch

We are filling in database everyday with new projects and data about them. Stay tuned.
tokenrecord (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:27:10 AM

In the first full week after the New Year holiday, pent-up supply is releasing a flood of ICOs, relative to the past three weeks, albeit with tempered expectations. Among the sales and presales set to open this week, there remain some truly crazy hard caps: 65 million USD for “Knowledge,” a kind of Quora-meets-influencer-marketing, for example
My picks aren’t investment advice; you should consult an adviser and do your own research before making a decision

That happened because a lot of ICOs raised a bunch of money during bitcoin rush to 20K. A lot of new investors joined our world during last 2 months.
tokenrecord (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:03:09 PM

thanks for the list of ICO redflag, with this we can know which ICO we should avoid, I really appreciate this thread, I will also tell you about ICO maybe you will be interested to join, that is daneel.io, you can read the project description them at www.daneel.io

We do not have time to review your project right now. We did a quick review and added your project to our ico-directory. Not to listing yet.
https://tokensrecord.com/project/daneel
orkoso

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:55:35 PM

I've just checked it out and I suppose it's a really promising and useful idea. I will definitely use your site in my researches. Thank you and good luck!

I it a very interesting list, it is difficult to check everything because it would tame lots of time, but it is better to do so if you are investing a lot.
tokenrecord (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 04:39:45 PM

We decided to change format of ICO investigation process. We now have due diligence page for active/upcoming ICOs. You can find it here https://tokensrecord.com/ico-due-diligence.

The page looks like this

There is a set of criterias that could be more or less certainly identified that you can check in the web.

Details about what we do and how you can read in the article on medium: ICO due diligence and review procedure
UrKarma

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:58:51 PM

By the way I'm really confused by that MyWish service that allows anyone create smart contracts without any skills in programming or coding. Now everyone is able to create it's own ICO. Won't it lead to more scams?...
elabtikpo

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 12:09:34 PM

Here is a good ico just opened that you can research and decide about.  If you just want to try them out you can get 20,000 MTC from Marinecoin for each successful marketing task that is completed.  They are using time dilution technology to evenly distribute 9 billion to anyone that completes the artificial intelligence mission.  This is real I have been collecting many MTC.   machine to machine - time dilution technology - self sustaining - zero fees -   marineco.in/ico
chandrarahmadewa

Activity: 308
Merit: 49

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 12:34:34 PM

Wow, this is useful information, this might be a parameter for me when trade on ICO coins. Too many ICO coins in the market make me confused to invest.
Thanks my friend for this information, hope you are always healthy.
kampficcogold

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:26:40 AM

It is community based. With the of intially amassing a seed community of atleast 20000. Each member will be airdropped 20000 Marinecoins for each proof of promotion. MarineCoin ICO will airdrop 98% of its coins. A crypto currency for the IoT, with fast blockchain transactions. Register and signup airdropped coins. The block chain will be maintained by artificial intelligence. The Iot will be able to be used the block chain. The artificial intelligence will free up time from routine block chain maintenance. Go here marineco.in to register, marineco.in/ico for ICO. MTC has an artificial intelligence that is time tested.
blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:32:51 AM

That is cool. There will be more red flag ICO. Investors will get fixed information about ICO to invest. When ICO is better , scam and gray ICo will be left. More people will find legit ICO only. That is why some countries ban ICO because they find ICO team and developers are doing scam projects. Centra is the latest case of scam project.
neuterclefund

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:29:31 PM

Offering 20000.MTC. when joining the ICO. This is Marinecoín’s award program. .MTC. with less dev-less and not dependent on miners. .MTC. uses artificial intelligence. mtc is fair distribution ..MTC. is iot. .MTC. uses time dilution technology to make the platform. It promises great publicity for us. People here refer home: proof of promotion marinecoín.in
johnfoxh

Activity: 287

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:32:10 PM

I like your idea of OP because it is a part something that will force cryptocurrency grow, and fraud in the cryptographic world was what attracted questions of state regulation. Nevertheless, it will be good if you make the research so well not to include lawful ICO in the list of a red flag.
Crypto Chips

Activity: 363
Merit: 101

Cryptocurrency is Dilema

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 03:30:24 PM

wow, thanks man, this project absolutely will very helping other people.
i'm not checking the website yet, but as far i read your thread, i think this project will help other people for stay away from scammer
Marsyam

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:59:48 AM

according to this, this is a good website. and TokensRecord Site is very useful to reduce the time of research when someone is looking for investment opportunities.but Do your own research too. and do not just rely on the article.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: