Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:23:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO Red Flags  (Read 696 times)
tokenrecord (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:11:28 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 10:08:33 AM by tokenrecord
Merited by paxmao (3), scambust (1), silent17 (1), sylance (1), mikfresh (1), rb26 (1)

Right now there are so many ICO that it is hard to figure out all details about what is happening out there and sometimes we miss important red flags about projects that due to lack of time or experience we are not able to identify on time.
That is why we had created a tool to keep track of all red flags and vote for them so everybody can take part in project research share or vote for pieces of information that others found.

Full list of ICO red flags

There are not many yet. Do not judge too hard because right now there is only a small group working on that. Feel free to join and share your information in Red Flag section.

If you have propositions about Red Flag section right here a comment and we will surely add new stuff to make community research more convinient.

For projects:
What should you do if you got a red flags?

For investors:
ICO Red Flags explained for investors
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Judster

Activity: 22
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:16:11 PM

Fantastic idea to make something like coinmarketcal for ICOs with red flags. Will you promote it more aggressive to attract more people (and they would post more info)?
TokenSell

Activity: 137
Merit: 13

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:18:47 PM

10 Feb, 2018 Remme (REM) SSL/TLS vulnerabilities

https://tokensrecord.com/redflags/Remme-SSL/TLS-vulnerabilities-221

More crypto project redflags here https://tokensrecord.com/redflags
TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:26:09 PM

10 Feb, 2018 Remme (REM) Token distribution https://tokensrecord.com/redflags/Remme-Token-distribution-204
TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:46:38 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 02:20:25 PM by TokenSell

New red flag:

Seele (Seele)  Unclear partnerships

No information in the internet about what type of partnership does this project have with mentioned companies and organizations.

macit800

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 04:48:21 PM

It is a very good idea, I have bookmarked the website for use in the future.

TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:25:48 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 02:20:55 PM by TokenSell
Merited by paxmao (1)

New red flag:

dock.io (dock)  Team not full time

Looks like team is not working full time on the project right now. They of course can jump on to project after the ICO when  there will be available funds for full-time imployment. Stenli Duka is also working in Remote.com, for instance.

TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:23:52 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 02:21:21 PM by TokenSell

New red flag:

Metronome (MTN)  Funds Control

The founders will not control project after the ICO and it is not clear how development will be funded.

TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:32:47 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 07:11:42 PM by TokenSell

New red flag:

Metronome (MTN)  Blockchain Support

No information about what type of blockchains will Metronome support.

TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:01:50 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 02:21:31 PM by TokenSell
Merited by paxmao (1)

New red flag:

Metronome (MTN)  Funds Control

The founders will not control project after the ICO and it is not clear how development will be funded.

SERIOUS045

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:04:11 PM

I know this great project called Clearify, fighting scams by verifying ICO addresses.
tokenrecord (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:10:51 PM

I know this great project called Clearify, fighting scams by verifying ICO addresses.

Great. May be we can cooperate.
TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:24:18 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 08:54:59 PM by TokenSell

New red flag:

dock.io (dock)  No info about expesnes

There is not information about how the expenses will be used towards project creation. No breakdown or a pie chart that will explain where all the money raised will go.

TokenSell

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:36:22 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 02:21:53 PM by TokenSell

New red flag:

Seele (Seele)  Not active BTC topic

Bitcointalk topic is not very active. There is around 120 message now. Thread created is not responding often there.

xaviervilla

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:09:18 PM

Right now there are so many ICO that it is hard to figure out all details about what is happening out there and sometimes we miss important red flags about projects that due to lack of time or experience we are not able to identify on time.
That is why we had created a tool to keep track of all red flags and vote for them so everybody can take part in project research share or vote for pieces of information that others found.

There are not many yet. Do not judge too hard because right now there is only a small group working on that. Feel free to join and share your information in Red Flag section.

If you have propositions about Red Flag section right here a comment and we will surely add new stuff to make community research more convinient.

Wow op, I must say, this really is such a good idea and will really help a lot of newbie investors that are still starting out on investing into ICOs and are looking for great ones in the sea of shit ICOs or simply people that want's to join these ICO's bounties. Not only that, this can also be a great help for those who already are veterans that are too lazy to do thorough research themselves and are looking for easy ways to find out whether the ICOs that they have their eyes on are great to invest in or not.

I really think that this is a great idea. I really do. But the thing that worries me about this is that what if when this source is already big and has become more credible that a lot of people now believes on almost everything that this source spits out then a huge ICO that will pay people to abuse this source to gain more supporters comes? What will happen then? Are there any plans when this type of thing happens?
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:52:04 PM

I've just checked it out and I suppose it's a really promising and useful idea. I will definitely use your site in my researches. Thank you and good luck!

tokenrecord (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:07:13 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 09:22:10 PM by tokenrecord

Wow op, I must say, this really is such a good idea and will really help a lot of newbie investors that are still starting out on investing into ICOs and are looking for great ones in the sea of shit ICOs or simply people that want's to join these ICO's bounties. Not only that, this can also be a great help for those who already are veterans that are too lazy to do thorough research themselves and are looking for easy ways to find out whether the ICOs that they have their eyes on are great to invest in or not.

I really think that this is a great idea. I really do. But the thing that worries me about this is that what if when this source is already big and has become more credible that a lot of people now believes on almost everything that this source spits out then a huge ICO that will pay people to abuse this source to gain more supporters comes? What will happen then? Are there any plans when this type of thing happens?

Thanks for your feedback.

First of all we want to keep this section of the website not offending the ICOs. There are problems every ICO has. We never saw an ICO without Red Flags and still they raised their hard cap. Look at the ICO in January.

The second important thing is that investors will still identify problems connected to project. Having it posted among Red Flags just helps the team understand what they have to work on or at least take in to consideration.

The last but not the least thing we would like to keep it fair and support our work and work of the community with some evidence that will allow to distinguish real and fake. If a team understands the problems and solves it we will be marking red flag as a solved. But still there is discussion that can take place in regards of this or another red flag to provide more opinions on that subject.

We plan to keep it as fair and transparent as possible and ready to work with the community and projects to figure out the best way for this section to exists.

In terms of ICOs that are afraid of red flags being publicly discuss we believe that is not the right way to work in this industry. We hope that crypto investment community will provide enough support for truth to be revealed.

This is a tool that we are ready to improve.

Let us know if you got your questions answered.

P.S. The most important idea is that it is not bad to have Red Flags. The right way is to work on improving your project.
Kristen_Colwell

Activity: 84
Merit: 4

Digital nomad reporting from the cryptosphere

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 09:23:39 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

Great topic!

I've been working with some BitcoinTalk folks on a master list of ICO evaluation questions and would appreciate your input. We've played with the idea of creating a "Deal-Breakers" list like your Red Flags, but haven't formalized anything. The big question with red flags or deal-breakers is how the individual investor views the information. A red flag in some cases may not be a deal-breaker. And a red flag for one person may not be for another, based on opinion and or access to information.

How do you plan to address the issue of gray areas with respect to red flags?

Best,

Crypto-Kristen  Grin

Lions, and Tigers, and CRYPTO, Oh My!
jjbanks994

Activity: 255
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:28:10 PM

What does everyone think of the gibraltar blockchain exchange ico? Token sales platform and crypto exchange. https://gbx.gi
Telegram group - https://t.me/GBXCommunity
JuniAiko

Activity: 126

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 09:38:16 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2018, 09:03:35 AM by JuniAiko

Only bet on an ICO if you can see they have REAL presence elsewhere; i.e. are the team attending crypto conferences, and are there any real collaborations with other companies, and etc. and also very importantly, does the team have a trust-able profile? -- i.e. providing links to their LinkedIn accounts would be a plus.

Bottom line, do not just rely on articles/youtube. Do your own research too!

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: