Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:32:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevra (XEV) - Project is Terminated  (Read 11604 times)
rdix

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

Blockchain dev, game dev, cryptocurrency investor.

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:13:03 AM

Hey man, i'm not ready to provide a specific set of details yet, but Nevra's mainnet will be forked off of NEM's and iterated on. You can read their capabilities here: https://nem.io/technology/

Nevra will be incorporating most of these features, and will advance some aspects and etc. Again, most details not ready to share yet, but it's ambitious, and i believe it can be done with the correct devs.

Basing it on NEM seems like a really solid idea. It's a very efficient technology.

I dug into their github and realized NEM was built using Java. The question will be: will you be able to find enough Java/blockchain engineers? lol Actually there are a lot of solid Java engineers in the world, and I'm sure many of them will be excited to work on blockchain technology.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Madtanaa

Activity: 20
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:27:01 AM
Merited by tk808 (1)

I might not belong in this thread due to my standing in this forum, however I could not stop myself from sharing my thoughts about the idea behind this project, Equality, Freedom and Trust.. although the idea sounds great I was intrigued to learn about the way the project would handle this " airdrop". See an Egalitarian concept is based on an approach  that favors equality of some sort: People should get the same, or be treated the same, or be treated as equals, in some respect. Which negated the same rules that this airdrop is based on: not all forum members are treated equal, further more the mere presence of leadership suggest some sort of bias (equality based on the views of the leader).  I do however understand the need of such exception and wish the community all the success.
thank you!
Boogsie

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:08:47 AM

I'm a low ranked account, but still real and still the only account that my owner has on bitcointalk.
I am interested in this coin though.

edit: I enjoyed lexx too, if that's where you got the name  Wink
Bitalex56

Activity: 184
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:58:23 AM

I am from Russia and would like to Express my thoughts in my native language, but nevertheless, I would like to note that the idea to collect 1000 sane, adherents'  was very interesting , how these people will contribute to the development of this project, there is no place for those people who came here for quick money, I think this is a very interesting project and would like to participate .
smartcrypto

Activity: 317
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:12:03 AM

I have been the part of NEM and many other coins too. And I watched as it grew in value. Although I did not keep it until now. It was such an experience. Thing about crypto is, it's still in early stages. No matter how much you sell it for. The future holds something much bigger, it leaves a such an unsatisfactory feeling. In a few years from now the marketcap of each of the cryptocoins could be reaching few billions.

Edit: I am a web developer of sorts. And would love to make a website for the coin. Although I don't have a hosting.
cryptoRX

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:19:20 AM

I have been the part of NEM and many other coins too. And I watched as it grew in value. Although I did not keep it until now. It was such an experience. Thing about crypto is, it's still in early stages. No matter how much you sell it for. The future holds something much bigger, it leaves a such an unsatisfactory feeling. In a few years from now the marketcap of each of the cryptocoins could be reaching few billions.

Edit: I am a web developer of sorts. And would love to make a website for the coin. Although I don't have a hosting.

Thanks for the offer but we already have our very own Web Designer and our website is almost ready for launch.
smartcrypto

Activity: 317

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:29:08 AM

Thanks for the offer but we already have our very own Web Designer and our website is almost ready for launch.

Understandable, one question though, what happens if more than 1000 people join.

Edit: just started reading the whitepaper. It answers for the 5%.
engesi

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:40:17 PM

When I saw Nevra's post three days ago, I felt very fresh. This was the first coin I saw that combined airdrop with thought. It was very interesting. My English was not good, but it did not affect I exchange ideas with others.
tk808 Opinion about KYC I agree with tk808, that in order to prevent people from providing multiple identities, it is a much more dangerous thing to ask people to provide their own identity information. I have had many instances where identity information was fraudulently used by others and I had to waste some energy to solve, tk808 is an honest dev, this thread will be successful.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
offthecuff

Activity: 238
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:52:21 PM

Regarding the Nevra airdrop, will the negative trust received an airdrop or no if they post here?

It's tricky, I might just contact everyone with negative trust, and obviously we're going to re-review them. There was a blanket policy for negative trusted members, but there may be some lenience if there interested enough to be apart of Nevra.

This is a positive development for me, some users may have had negative trust applied incorrectly or maliciously. Would it benefit potential members to explain about their negative trust in their message? I know their comments would need to be looked into but it at least gives people chance to defend themselves.
99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:59:59 PM

This is very interesting. I like the the idea of starting this coin off by building the community as the foundation and then everything around it. I feel like these are the types of projects that can become something innovative and amazing, not just profitable. When you get a solid community behind a project anything is possible.

I went to college in Boston for marketing and management. I also have over a decade of Web design and graphic design experience. I am a pretty solid Internet marketing manager with some extensive offline marketing skills as well. I've developed many brands and products over the years and have also managed dozens of high level projects. Over the last couple years i was even Webmaster status for the US Army Special Forces 8th and 19th groups. I was a lead consultant for Solidworks about 7 years ago, managing the development of 56 million international accounts. I am interested in possibly helping to market this with some of my extra time. I could set up all the social media accounts and deal with those, as well as create some strong marketing campaigns. I'm game to help wherever I could.

I currently live in Las Vegas and that could be helpful if we ever wanted to meet up. Let me know what to do from this point forward. Please send a PM.

Thanks,
Anthony
awais3344_1

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:21:21 PM

I was left a false negative. And I started threads about it on here. But to no avail. Maybe the moderators of this forums are too busy to look into it. I hope that is not a problem for being a stakeholder here.
I am willing to provide any necessary details to ensure this is a negative by mistake.

Regarding the XEV, I am interested in being part of it. I have worked on compiling different Cryptocurrency wallets for different coins. I go by the same name on Github.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
sprinkles

Activity: 397

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:30:46 PM

Just found this and it looks like a real gem.

Attempting to acheive an equal and fair distribution is certainly no easy task on the Bitcointalk forums with so many people owning multiple accounts to take advantage of any airdrops that come up.

NEM is without doubt the greatest airdrop that we have seen and I was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time when NEM was announced. Things did not turn out so lucky for me with NEM however in the end.

The NEM registration process was very open and only required a post expressing interest for the first 4000 accounts I seem to remember. This process still took a while as there were not anywhere near as many people around back then. I think that beyond the first few pages of the thread, very small but increasing NXT donations were required. The open nature of the stake claiming of course led to a lot of people making multiple claims with different accounts.

The earliest price I remember for NEM was that people were trading stakes for around 30 LTC in an OTC thread. When it first listed on Poloniex it was around 150 satoshi/NEM. This was about 2.5 BTC per stake. For anyone holding multiple stakes this was a massively easy sell and so the price began a downward grind all the way to 30 satoshi. Sadly for me I sold all my NEM at around 75 sats for a grand total of around 1.7 BTC. Sad NEM wasn't very long after the Communitycoin and Sharecoin projects which were fully distributed via Bitcointalk and it did seem at the time that NEM was going to follow the price trajectory of these coins which ended up worthless. My son was born around this time and I went into crypto hibernation and never really looked back on the NEM project after selling. This was a harsh lesson and I now always hold a bag of any coin, just in case!

With the parallels Nevra will have with NEM in terms of the distribution, it makes a lot of sense to fork the NEM code base as a starting point. As well as the fact that the tech behind NEM actually turned out to be pretty awesome. It's quite interesting that NEM was originally going to fork NXT to make a more fairly distributed version of that coin. Maybe someone will fork Nevra in a few years to try and iron out anything that doesn't go quite right with the distribution method here. Smiley

If this project can manage to get these stakes in the hands of something close to 1000 unique individuals then it will be quite an achievement and something that I'd really like to be involved in. Maybe it will allow me to put my NEM demons to rest!

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
awais3344_1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:41:49 PM

Just found this and it looks like a real gem.

Attempting to acheive an equal and fair distribution is certainly no easy task on the Bitcointalk forums with so many people owning multiple accounts to take advantage of any airdrops that come up.

NEM is without doubt the greatest airdrop that we have seen and I was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time when NEM was announced. Things did not turn out so lucky for me with NEM however in the end.

The NEM registration process was very open and only required a post expressing interest for the first 4000 accounts I seem to remember. This process still took a while as there were not anywhere near as many people around back then. I think that beyond the first few pages of the thread, very small but increasing NXT donations were required. The open nature of the stake claiming of course led to a lot of people making multiple claims with different accounts.

The earliest price I remember for NEM was that people were trading stakes for around 30 LTC in an OTC thread. When it first listed on Poloniex it was around 150 satoshi/NEM. This was about 2.5 BTC per stake. For anyone holding multiple stakes this was a massively easy sell and so the price began a downward grind all the way to 30 satoshi. Sadly for me I sold all my NEM at around 75 sats for a grand total of around 1.7 BTC. Sad NEM wasn't very long after the Communitycoin and Sharecoin projects which were fully distributed via Bitcointalk and it did seem at the time that NEM was going to follow the price trajectory of these coins which ended up worthless. My son was born around this time and I went into crypto hibernation and never really looked back on the NEM project after selling. This was a harsh lesson and I now always hold a bag of any coin, just in case!

With the parallels Nevra will have with NEM in terms of the distribution, it makes a lot of sense to fork the NEM code base as a starting point. As well as the fact that the tech behind NEM actually turned out to be pretty awesome. It's quite interesting that NEM was originally going to fork NXT to make a more fairly distributed version of that coin. Maybe someone will fork Nevra in a few years to try and iron out anything that doesn't go quite right with the distribution method here. Smiley

If this project can manage to get these stakes in the hands of something close to 1000 unique individuals then it will be quite an achievement and something that I'd really like to be involved in. Maybe it will allow me to put my NEM demons to rest!

Something like that also happened to me. I was part of the nem token distribution and you only had to send $5 to get a stake in the nem token. I kept up with the NEM token for quite sometime, until I was fed up of declining prices of the token and finally I sold it for 0.8btc or even less. Not realizing that was the only bottom NEM has ever reached. I was under a debt to somebody and I had to give up on those coins as I couldn't bring myself to take more debt in hopes of NEM token going bigger. (ShareX and communitycoin etc were dying in those days, due to the lack of general public interest). Now the dynamics of cryptocurrency markets are different and I have high hopes with XEV. I think this coin will stand out of the crowd if it can overcome the common problem of distribution. I believe even the NEM was victim of sock puppets. Don't you think?

This was also the time when NEM stakeholders were sent fake emails pretending to be NEM developers. And I got phished out with it too. And was used to send emails to more stakeholders. Also the why I have a negative trust.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
WillingnessCrypto

Activity: 294
Merit: 38

Chinese and Japanese translator

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 03:27:01 PM

I don’t have many years’ experience in the crypto currency world. I started to know bitcoin two years ago, and tried to invest some real money in it and trade for a while. But at that time, I didnt realized the true value of the invisible currency holds, so later I quit for several months and focus on the real stocks which has less risk. More than one year later, I got overwhelmed again by the increase of bitcoin and all the crypto currency markets, then I realized the coins contains countless potential of future not just money which can be assured. So I joined again till now!

Not too much experience, but I am clear aware of some important thing same as the concept of yours: community matters too much . I saw too many coins succeed backed on by the big community. The loyal community always support the project expecially when project goes down for some time. In the cruel crypto world, any project can be crushed to nothing. Community stands, the project stands.

I live in Japan, I can help to translate the document or Ann to Japanese. I just hope I can be part of this project. I know this holds big things.

duoduoshigexiaozhu

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:25:21 PM

Your wallet address is the address of the NEM wallet, why not consider developing your own wallet or eth address? I think the NEM wallet for a lot of people a bit unfamiliar, of course, you may have your consideration, perhaps I NEM Poor understanding of the wallet. Of course, this time involved in your activities may be a good opportunity for me to know NEM wallet, I will download one now.

maracuja1

Activity: 28
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:46:10 PM

Your wallet address is the address of the NEM wallet, why not consider developing your own wallet or eth address? I think the NEM wallet for a lot of people a bit unfamiliar, of course, you may have your consideration, perhaps I NEM Poor understanding of the wallet. Of course, this time involved in your activities may be a good opportunity for me to know NEM wallet, I will download one now.

It's about the NEM technology that comes with using it, not about the wallet. Also, I would like to offer Romanian translation if needed as it's not on the list.
pinball_wizard

Activity: 702
Merit: 102

I am the Kung Fury...

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:52:41 PM

Lookin forward for discord channel for having more responsive feedback...

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
weav

- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:07:55 PM

I don't see any reason to create a new wallet in the near future , if the NEM wallet is working fine. People would also rather download a wallet that has been proven safe i think. The focus should be on the technology imo.

The_Hu

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:15:53 AM

I am sure an egalitarian approach with society and distribution, the NevraStake of confidence and real user adoption, hopefully it will be done well.
pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 02:20:02 AM

This airdrop will probably the longest waiting game ive ever joined Cheesy but i like the concept on how you do your distributions.

I will subscribe on your thread and hopefully you keep us updated on the development. GoodLuck

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: