Bitcoin Forum
August 17, 2024, 02:24:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can this be done?  (Read 132 times)
thinklab71 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:52:55 PM

If you have a token and want to break it off the main token and have like a sub token what do you call that?
MethuselahDeveloper

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:58:23 PM

What kind of Token?  ERC20?  Or do you mean a coin (which is something with it's own blockchain)?  Tokens generally exist on platforms (WAVES, ETH, EXP, UBIQ, NEO, etc...).

If you want to create a token on a platform you don't need to "break it off" anything.  You just create a token.  You could - presumably - write a smart contract that "forks" a coin and air-drops an equivalent number of all of the "fork" to people holding the original coin.

What I think you're asking about, though, is forking another coin's blockchain.  Yes.  That's possible.  It just takes a lot of work.
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 07:09:13 PM

As MethuselahDeveloper mentioned you call it a fork. But you don't break (fork) a token, you fork a coin or even more precisely a blockchain. For example, BTC has been forked into Bitcoin Cash and other coins.

thinklab71 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:36:47 PM

So here is what I am trying to do. I want a erc20 token that can generate a vanity like address based on the IP address where it was created.   ZONEAFBFe3E9af3971dD833D26bA9b5C936f0bE. See this address is from zoneA

Then if I do a trans as an example,  It would take .05% of that transaction and send it to an address of zone A.

If someone who created his wallet in zone B sends a transaction it takes .05% of that and sends to zone b address.

If there is an address created outside of any zone then there ills no .05 fee

The .05 addresses are for the profits in that region
Luxrid

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:59:09 PM

You can do it with fork, yes. Not directly.
I don't know if it could be done if we just cut it from main blockchain.
marinomario

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:40:22 PM

do you mean from 1 wallet or in a different wallet? if i personally, surely i merge into 1 in my main tokens. because, if in 1 place, will slightly save fee and fee for transfer. then I melted into the exchange for currency exchange in my country.

kewlc3s

Activity: 672
Merit: 140

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:51:11 PM

You need to more specify what you wish to get at the end..
But depends on token type. But yh, it would be fork most probably
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:00:31 PM

Yeah, it's pretty unclear what exactly do you mean. What is a subtoken for you? If it's the token with the same parameters and history, but with the different future it looks like you are talking about fork. Anyway you can't make a fork for just one particular token, because all erc20 based tokens are situated at a blockchain (ETH, ETC and so on), so it necessary to make a fork of the whole blockchain.

thinklab71 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:24:20 PM

Ok let me try to make it easier.

Is there a way I can have it set up like this

If any address starts with CAUSA then .5 of all transactions will go to one address
If any address starts with NYUSA then .5 of all transactions will go to one address

There is one for each state in the US.  And the wallets if created within a state will have the CAUSA in the start of their address for example
Fayamba

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:32:46 PM

What kind of Token?  ERC20?  Or do you mean a coin (which is something with it's own blockchain)?  Tokens generally exist on platforms (WAVES, ETH, EXP, UBIQ, NEO, etc...).

If you want to create a token on a platform you don't need to "break it off" anything.  You just create a token.  You could - presumably - write a smart contract that "forks" a coin and air-drops an equivalent number of all of the "fork" to people holding the original coin.

What I think you're asking about, though, is forking another coin's blockchain.  Yes.  That's possible.  It just takes a lot of work.
Never understood the question in the first place,but am sure what you answered was exactly what he wanted to ask.I have learned some from your explanation.Kudos.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: