Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:50:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin making alts useless  (Read 1627 times)
canman

Activity: 479
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:07:09 PM

how. Bitcoin can not have other features of altcoin. Because bitcoin has been used for a long time. when new cryptop forms. So pricing is dependent on bitcoin. I believe in the future. Some altcoins will develop over bitcoin. wait for it
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shabalinoff

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:45:25 PM

Is bitcoin going to be instant and free like XRB? No.

Is bitcoin going to support smart contracts like ETH and NEO? No.

Is bitcoin going to pay you for holding it like NEO, VEN, XLM? No.

Is bitcoin going to pay you exchange dividends like KCS and COSS? No.

Is bitcoin going to be completely anonymous like XMR? No.

Is bitcoin going to have the business partnerships of VEN, ICX, WTC, REG, OMG?

Lightning network will it make it a bit faster and a bit cheaper. There's a hell of a lot more to blockchain technology than being a bit faster and a bit cheaper.
Very strong arguments! In comparison with those "alts" bitcoin is most "useless" Grin
jayc89

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:54:36 PM

how. Bitcoin can not have other features of altcoin. Because bitcoin has been used for a long time. when new cryptop forms. So pricing is dependent on bitcoin. I believe in the future. Some altcoins will develop over bitcoin. wait for it
There could be a high tech coin that is much stronger than Bitcoin though Bitcoin has the age.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
hardbakker

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:56:41 PM

Bitcoin will always be the king of the crypto currency world. This will continue for a long time. Altcoins aren't as strong as Bitcoin.

Saying "Strong" - you mean expensive? He fall from $20K, where is "strength"?
I guess he can be called "King" because he is founder of cryptos and he's respected. But as many kings, in practical life he can be most useless.
rachelia13

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:02:21 PM

There's nothing to change that though. In the first place, bitcoin is what make people know about crypto currency.
Without that, those altcoins may not have any chance at all. Good thing that bitcoin is popular, so people know about others altcoins as well.
And no, altcoins are not useless. There are good altcoins as investment as well. And many people invest in ICO with altcoin, not bitcoin. Actually, altcoins also help to grow crypto currency market. Although not as much as bitcoin, but they support each other.
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:09:21 PM

What if we put the question versus that altcoins are making bitcoin useless? We defenitely have a borough of altcoins at the present time that one can consider an avant-garde for the conventional bitcoin, but only a handful of them are logically being accepted in the economy, is it that the remaining altcoins should be considered dangerous for bitcoin?
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:36:27 PM

We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?
Alts are for the most part speculative vehicles, there are only a few which have anything going on for them, so not much is going to change the alts which have some utility and niche will be used and the rest will be traded by speculators in a game of who can outsmart the other and leave them holding a bag of useless coins, so at the end things will remain mostly the same except I think bitcoin will regain part of its dominance once the lighting network comes into play.
zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:38:27 PM

We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin
There are altcoins which are faster and cost less to send transaction.
bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.
Price is one of the main reasons why bitcoin is so popular.
Would you buy 1 kilo of gold for 35000$ or 140000 kg of iron for 35000$?
I am sure you will make better use for 140 tons of iron than 1 kg of gold but gold is gold and iron is iron.
Please don't get me wrong, I prefer gold over iron  Cheesy
sycaburatan

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:55:54 PM

We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?
Bitcoin is indeed making these alts worthless when it moves regardless if it is going up or down,most of the altcoins reacts to what bitcoin's movements which means people are getting out from the altcoins if bitcoin's started to move,that is the mindset of most of the people in the market and it is because altcoins are being calculate using satoshis,if bitcoin's price surged up to $50k or more im sure most of the altcoins in the market will die because i single satoshi would be like $5 each.

Requim

Activity: 166
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:59:29 PM

Actually, a lot of people already trusted bitcoin because of it's profitability and it's potential to change how the way people do their transactions in the future. However, you are right, there are altcoins that are entirely has a different function compared to bitcoin. Bitcoin also drives altcoin prices in some way, and bitcoin price also drives altcoin prices. However, I doubt if bitcoin will make other altcoins useless, because some altcoins are also growing together with the growth of bitcoin.
Danu26

Activity: 273

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:06:48 PM

I think not because all coins have their own advantages and disadvantages.
so I think bitcoin helps altcoin to further develop in the future. because in the presence of bitcoin then all altcoin will race to be equal even exceed altcoin.

>        MFCHAIN        <
MERCHANT PAYMENTS + REWARD SYSTEM SMART CONTRACT PLATFORM
<MFCHAIN.COM> <WHITEPAPER>                        <TELEGRAM> <YOUTUBE>
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:17:06 PM

You will wait forever and you will never see that happen. Anything that makes bitcoin out of the system, obviously will affect all other altcoins too anyway. This is what you are forgetting, what does those altcoins have that bitcoin cannot end up having or does not have already? Now, what does bitcoin have that those altcoins can never have? I will leave you to answer those questions and know the reason why no altcoin will end up as useful as bitcoin.
madtea

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:32:52 PM

I would say most of them, still some solid coins (tokens) doing something original but most will not be needed at all (I think).
BountyGo
Copper Member

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:35:52 PM

I would say most of them, still some solid coins (tokens) doing something original but most will not be needed at all (I think).
You are underestimating the amount of people who want to buy "The next bitcoin below 1$" and become rich.
ModaFuka1994

Activity: 182

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:41:07 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2018, 09:27:16 PM by ModaFuka1994

To be fair, if you choose a currency in the cryptocurrencies market for global trading, I prefer altcoins rather than Bitcoin, because altcoins themselves have a lot of cryptos in them, people can easily afford to exchange and trade different types of cryptos, not just Bitcoins. So for the next 15 years, Bitcoins will be replaced by altcoins to become global currencies, and people will trade altcoins instead of Bitcoins.

Dakshkapoor

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 05:42:17 PM

This is not possinle because every altcoin has its own value which is independent. This value sometimes gets effected by bitcoins market. There are many altcoins which are of good value and has good image in the market. Just dont be scared and enjoy the crypto trading.

INTERNATIONAL TRADING PLATFORM ►One-click Export
     EXPORT ONLINE     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Steemit    YouTube    Twitter    Medium
hlk251

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:56:00 PM

in past, there were lots of automotive companies. (maybe thousands)
now? 20 maybe.

same evolution will be happened to these thousands alts.
only the most effective ones will live. other will be trash/useless.

Bitcoin will live forever. because this ecosystem's name is known as Bitcoin.
coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:59:47 PM

Bitcoin will always have the first movers advantage. Also with time bitcoin will improve. There are few other good projects out there which I hold in addition to bitcoin, but most people trade only to gain more bitcoins.

arde13

Activity: 252
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:11:59 PM

Given the ability of bitcoin to evolve and absorb the best qualities of other projects, I agree. Maybe just not so fast
Emperor of Man

Activity: 886
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:13:44 PM

I believe that bitcoin has a strong position in the market, and that it will continue to thrive in price, technology and many other fields, but to make any other crypto useless? I think not.

There are other use cases that bitcoin can not (or does not want to) support, and then there are new ideas. Very simply people will not stop innovating because we have a strong crypto in the market.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: