Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:12:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin making alts useless  (Read 1627 times)
furry04

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:15:29 PM

Somehow those alts that claim are better than btc are just selling an alternative of a technology to us by fixing let`s say the transaction speed of btc, but btc has been the one who have introduced this technology to us so even if some are better btc can copy their strenght and implement it by cuting off their strenghts.
CryptoTrip

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:27:47 PM

With each passing year new technologies are being developed and the time will come and bitcoin will be removed. Already this year the market share for bitcoin is 35-40%. Yes, bitcoin is the first coin, he is heard by people, and that is why so far everything is built through bitcoin. But it's not forever

bhadz

Activity: 2436
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 06:30:18 PM

I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?
Not all but we are going there that we might seen a bigger progress and development with bitcoin as it's getting all the attention from the stage. I'm thinking about that before as I'm a bitcoin only investors way back then but when I'm started to and recognize that there's also a good flow of money in the circulation of altcoins, they are no longer ignored. But we are talking about the future here and you might be right and I may be wrong. Bitcoin will remain even without those alts but those alts won't if there's no btc.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
rudox

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:34:11 PM

Bitcoin actually is more popular compare to all most all the altcoin but the likes of Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple are also trying to hold their own. I agree that over time most of the altcoin will be diminished and lost as most of them are not worth investing on right now.
Drogean

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

"The future of advertisement intelligence"

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:39:28 PM

Most of altcoins don't really provide users any new features, so they can  attributed to the scam. Fortunately, among the altcoins there are still interesting projects that deserve attention. BTC community is expanding every day, the load on the network is growing, the developers are trying to offer some solutions, but their implementation also takes time. altcoins are serving as meant of payment in some cases  helping to take the load off BTC network.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀ ● ◯ SaTT - The Revolution of Advertising Transactions ◯ ● ▀▀▀▀▀█▄
●███    Website | Ann Thread | Whitepaper | Facebook | Twitter | Telegram    ███●
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   PRE-SALE COMPLETED IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS!   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
cryptoblue

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:42:19 PM

It is not the fault of bitcoin and it is not making the altcoins useless. Those altcoins that have got a solid project they will survive and others wouldn't.

│ │   │      │      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━     IDA DIGITAL ASSET MANAGEMENT PTY, LTD     ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━      │      │   │ │
─────────      Digitize Real Assets On The Ida Platform, Join A Thriving Business Ecosystem      ─────────
││     WhitePaper     ││  │   Telegram   │   Twitter   │   Facebook   │   YouTube   │  │││     PRIVATE SALE is L I V E !     │││
dulari1

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

EQUAL Network Token

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:45:26 PM

btc dominance on in total marketcap was near 70% in october 2017 and now it is less than 40% .

so it shows alts are growing and people now buying alts too .

however btc is still holding a major portion of marketcap .

EQUALtoken.io      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄
▀ ▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SELF DEFLATIONARY CRYPTOCURRENCY
thinkpad99

Activity: 654
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:50:47 PM

In my opinion bitcoin can not replace all altcoins. Maybe some will be useless to end 2018 but it still is being created altcoins what can survive longer
dangful

Activity: 210

Decentralized Jet-Stream Encrypted Multi-Media Dev

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 06:52:25 PM

We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?

Of all the features of a cryptocurrency that is capable to be adapted by the majority of crypto enthusiasts is speed and scalability. Bitcoin has the least in terms of speed so  Bitcoin could be never accepted as to be the payment for fastfood and other quick trade services because Bitcoin's network cannot handle congestion loads therefore Altcoins are taking over.
You can't say that Bitcoin would be the main star of this Crypto Market because without Altcoins Bitcoin isn't that much appreciated and adaptable.
What I'm going to say is, people put trust on Bitcoin because it is complete decentralized and the code is completely transparent but if only Bitcoin is the only Cryptocurrency is circulating today there would be less people who are using it because of the effectiveness like transaction speed couldn't accommodate massive transactions.
Altcoins are still better than Bitcoin just except whales will turn their back on Bitcoin then Bitcoin will be just the part of history.

dangful

Activity: 210

Decentralized Jet-Stream Encrypted Multi-Media Dev

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 06:57:30 PM

In my opinion bitcoin can not replace all altcoins. Maybe some will be useless to end 2018 but it still is being created altcoins what can survive longer

For me, if only all Crypto Exchange wouldn't pair Altcoin:BTC but instead Altcoin:USD or Altcoin:Euro then Bitcoin would be just the part of history.
Trading pairs in every Crypto Exchange should be transformed into pairing of USD or Euro then Altcoins would be note affected by Bitcoin value anymore.
If that will happen sooner or later then Bitcoin would be  put behind and whales will turn their back away from Bitcoin.
Goodbye Bitcoin... Good bye

beheddard

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:05:22 PM

I don't think you can make a case for bitcoin destroying altcoins when a lot of them occupy completely different niche markets than BTC. BTC is only a currency coin, many altcoins aren't even competing against it, so how could they be destroyed/made irrelevant by it. Doesn't make any sense.
jbautistangina

Activity: 258

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:19:28 PM

We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?
Surely most of the altcoins today wont have any value in the future because when bitcoin's price surged up and reaches a $50k market msot of the altcoins will be valued less than a dolar because these altcoins are being cauculated in satoshi,if the $50k happened im sure one single satoshi would be expensive and these altcoins wont have any value in the future.

MidnightWolf

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:19:57 PM

I don't think you can make a case for bitcoin destroying altcoins when a lot of them occupy completely different niche markets than BTC. BTC is only a currency coin, many altcoins aren't even competing against it, so how could they be destroyed/made irrelevant by it. Doesn't make any sense.
if you take into account Bitcoin or Bitcoin cash And also such as Bitcoin Gold, then any of these coins or similar other counterparts do not make sense at all. I think that it is much more complicated and more important in the world of crypto-currencies are those coins that provide real projects.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:22:53 PM

I think you're not exactly right. Many altcoins are unique, and have the functionality that bitcoin does not have. For example-Ethereum, it has smart contracts that are not yet provided for in bitcoin. Monero - it gives you the anonymity that can give bitcoin etc.
Well, he never mentioned that some of them are not unique, but if we face it, just very few of them are. Most of the alts are there are just merely some cheap scams which some devs just dropped on shit exchanges to adulterate the market as they have no working product. Those with a working product should still be useful and will do well in their category, but looking at the larger scale here, they cannot definitely get to where bitcoin is or ever smell it.

My thought is that virtually huge percentage of alts has always been useless. Most of them have no product, no essence why they exist and it sucks to see them pollute the atmosphere, so as far as I am concerned they have always been useless.

The level of adoption bitcoin has gotten to, no alt have even managed to get to a low percentage of it, and bitcoin will always keep having protocol development with that first advantage, so at the end, that makes most of them useless.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:44:25 AM

i think yes , because the famous  name "Bitcoin " then if bitcoin fall or rise rapidly another alt coin 90% will drop and like lost their  foundation to keep the price up
There is one thing with the first mover and that is what bitcoin will always have. Firstly, there are so many alts in the market that it would take most of them a lot to be able to get out there to perform, and there is nothing that makes them different that cannot be implemented on bitcoin.

The fact that bitcoin is still safer, it is the legacy coin and is in the eye of every investor, that would always make bitcoin stand out.
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:12:30 AM

Well, do not assume that bitcoin directly makes alternative coins useless. Bitcoin actually started before they were even created. Devs should have thought about it before.
There will always be an imbalance between Bitcoin and altcoins eventhough they have nearly same media exchanges. As bitcoin started earlier, it is used as the medium of exchange which will likely to have more benefits than alts. It will be more useful because it is more widely accepted and it will not end as it has a network effect.
It can grow and attract users more  because it has larger market by a huge margin that makes it more effective to act as a currency.
makngeerwork

Activity: 141

???

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:15:56 AM

if you take into account Bitcoin or Bitcoin cash And also such as Bitcoin Gold, then any of these coins or similar other counterparts do not make sense at all. I think that it is much more complicated and more important in the world of crypto-currencies are those coins that provide real projects.

That's why escalating and scanning is properly do by the people who wish to invest on the alts since by looking on trend coins is not really good since anytime they might gonna dump badly enough and that could hurt us. And selecting good coins is really must for us since if we choose those coins who have existing project then we can have a little relief since they will not surely run off since they are earning success on this alt business.

███    TWITTER   FLUX   WHITEPAPER  ███
███    WEBSITE   GAMING ECOSYSTEM        MEDIUM      ███
███  TELEGRAM  VALVE  UBISOFT  ██████ Origin  GAMELOFT      FACEBOOK   ███
Cisumacoin

Activity: 87

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:16:46 AM

In my opinion Well, he never mentioned that some of them are not unique, but if we face it, just very few of them are. Most of the alts are there are just merely some cheap scams which some devs just dropped on shit exchanges to adulterate the market as they have no working product. Those with a working product should still be useful and will do well in their category, but looking at the larger scale here, they cannot definitely get to where bitcoin is or ever smell it.
The fact that bitcoin is still safer, it is the legacy coin and is in the eye of every investor, that would always make bitcoin stand out
kuruyama

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:18:47 AM

Basically yes? Cause altcoins is depending on bitcoin, they depend on what state the bitcoin is, so thats why Smiley but i dont think that bitcoin really making altcoins useless, i mean why? Its not bitcoin fault. Bitcoin came here first. they are just basing on what bitcoin is. So definitely not bitcoins fault if altcoins are becoming useless.
lsd400

Activity: 189

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:19:30 AM

I don't think so. BTC was intended to be p2p electronic money and slowly failing on it. Many altcoins already outperformed BTC. Many altcoins have special use cases in many different markets. For example ETH purpose to be world computer/platform for dApps etc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: