Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:04:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin making alts useless  (Read 1627 times)
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:23:45 PM

I think that crypto community will never ever let die anything people can speculate with- altcoins. This is the first thought which had occurred me as soon as l read the topic 's name.  Then logics switched on and I realized that btc doesn't have many of the features other coins do have. So no, alts won't become useless in the nearest future  if ever.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
Uhde

Activity: 616
Merit: 124

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:29:35 PM

I am also making same shit mistakes always holding so much altcoins and can not sell whenever i have to sell. the purpose of altcoin trading must be always and only increase bitcoin quantity. whenever it is achieved exchanging back to bitcoin is the best thing we have to do.
lero34

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:13:57 PM

why makes useless? because it appeared one of the first? even despite this altkoins overtake him and judging by the dynamics will soon be overtaken. and bitcoin stands still.
phucngungoc

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:16:25 PM

We defenitely have a borough of altcoins at the present time that one can consider an avant-garde for the conventional bitcoin, but only a handful of them are logically being accepted in the economy, is it that the remaining altcoins should be considered dangerous for bitcoin, Alts are for the most part speculative vehicles, there are only a few which have anything going on for them
RYXES

Activity: 140

Merit me or don't.

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:17:08 PM

These topics come up every few days. A new one every week. Madness.

Bitcoin is higher in value in price considerably yet the Altcoins are still here making money.

Let's not forget BTC dominance was over 63% around October/November time and now its only 38% of the market.

Facts.

Merit me or don't.
yunuzov

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:17:55 PM

I am not sure if useless is the right word but we should discuss the conflict of interest between bitcoin and alt coins. Lately bitcoin is not helping alt coin investors. People are afraid to switch alt coins because they are not guaranteed to increase yet. We need bitcoin to settle before we see alt coins on the rise again.

Gunpaycity

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:40:24 PM

I think it's not right to say alt-coin is useless because bitcoin because it's alt-coin is giving people who want to have a coin with not so great money and sometimes get it for free

●● Phoenex Global ●●
◆ Taking Cryptocurrency Exchange to a New Height ◆
Telegram  ◣Facebook  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
Neo.Prometheus

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:02:39 PM

Funny statement. Smiley It is opinion of skeptics and not professionals. All experts talk about the good and bright future of coins. The future will come, the question is only when.
jhanson

Activity: 135

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:10:45 PM

I wouldn't say anything is better than bitcoin because most have utilities. IoT Chain (ITC) is known as the IOTA of china. great coin to get into and hold. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/iot-chain/
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:10:31 PM

No way, just because bitcoin is making upgrades doesn't mean alts will go anywhere. Granted, a lot will probably die off, but there are still better options than btc.
As a currency bitcoin is unsurpassed and we should not expect that to change at all, there are only some coins that do something better but there are not many coins like that,  After all how many versions of Ethereum or monero do we need? We do not need hundreds of versions of the same coins this is why despite the huge number of coins I will say there are only a few dozen projects that are worth our investment and that can survive for the long term.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:22:25 PM

Why are Bitcoin and alts constantly compared or put into an either/or scenario. Any or all advances made by bitcoin, whatever improvements only enhance and fix the qualities of bitcoin. Most of the various upcoming altcoins are innovating myriad visions simplifying life, giving useful solutions, even working towards the greater good.
Neo.Prometheus

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:17:50 PM

The situation is decided by itself. Worry should those who do not know about the crypto currency and did not invest money in it. After all, every day everything develops at a frantic pace! Wink
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 05:36:10 AM

Bitcoin is the first crypto ever created and this is the reason that makes it popular. It is the first thing people think when they hear about digital currency.
When I found out this forum, I didn't know there were other digital coins too. It was also the first coin I have ever bought.
I believe more or less this pattern of behaviour, like mine, is the most common among people.
I don't believe there are useless alts unless those created for profit. or the decentralized ones that we all know (more or less) who they are.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:10:38 PM

I absolutely disagree with the statement that if there is bitcoin, then altcoyins are useless. Such a statement is unambiguously incorrect. Bitcoin is a universal coin that can not perform a variety of functions in different areas of our lives and perform the work that various altcoys are doing. Bitcoin now can not even cope fully with its small and few functions. The main role for man even now is not done by bitcoin, but altcoyins. Therefore, their diversity needs to be increased in the future, and the ICO should be supported unequivocally despite some shortcomings and risks for investors.
No, altcoins still have some uses but the point of the OP is that the new developments of bitcoin will give it even more characteristics and use cases that will allow bitcoin to perform even more functions, think for example of atomic swaps, this will allow us to exchange our coins without the need for an exchange, this will not completely replace exchanges or decentralized exchanges but it will be a major blow to them, as you can see the developers are working hard to expand the functions of bitcoin and this can only spell doom for altcoins.
JuniAiko

Activity: 126

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 01:10:28 PM

We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?

The requirement/dependency on mining will meant that Bitcoin will never be technologically sustainable (both scalabity and environmentally) into the long-term as its user-base grows; and acquiring consensus for BTC to move to non-mining or lesser-dependency on mining into the future will be difficult. This is perhaps the reason as to why people are hyping on infinitely scalable and zero transaction fee coins such as NANO.

Furthermore, selected altcoins (save for its own forks) will be here to stay, since Bitcoin is a technologically simple and basic coin that do not have the features that the second-generation and the coming third-generation coins has (including smart contracts, and so on).

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
Fixart96

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:10:56 PM

I believe altcoin is very useful, because altcoin is a source of revenues for crypto industry movement and will affect the price of bitcoin itself. So with altcoin it can make bitcoin prices change rapidly.
PatM14

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:37:49 PM

bitcoin wont make alt coins useless. there are so many other applications that alt coins can be used for. DGPT is one of them. it will solve the problem of inheritance of crypto assets if someone dies.
arienna23

Activity: 221
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:59:20 PM

As long as the alts are tied with the price of Bitcoin they are going to get man handled by Bitcoin. There needs for the flippening to happen and it needs to happen fast.
svobodnyi

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:01:44 PM

It can not be said that altcoins are useless. They strongly depend on bitcoin, but each altcoin has its own specific development, unlike bitcoin))

DedvTapkax

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:05:18 PM

I'm sure that altcoins are very useful. They give us an excellent opportunity to earn. Some alto coins are much better than bitcoin technologically.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: