Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:34:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin making alts useless  (Read 1634 times)
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 12:49:32 PM

Maybe but for me altcoin are more important in promoting bitcoin. Thus, are the uses of altcoin. It will promote bitcoin indirectly. This will help bitcoin price movement since buying altcoins are sometimes also getting a way to buying bitcoin and trade with altcoin. And also most of the ICO are successful. They are already in the market and ready to be purchased. And those ICO also are having some good time wherein investors used to invest small amount and in return they make a lot profit in the near future. And those altcoins also came to a good project that are implemented and being realized. That is why if you wish tonm invest in an ICO make sure that its concept is good and formidable. Check also if the community has supported it. Just like YAYPROTO ICO project which promote decentralized money transfer. If you are an business doing business transactions online then you can have this project to be partnof your business in transactions. Since it is decentralized so i guess there would be low transaction fee. Indeed a good project. If you wish to learn more about the project visit the websitr with the link provided:

YayProto
https://ico.yayfon.com
wanderloy

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:54:05 PM

I don't believe the statement because altcoins have their own market strategy on their marketing.
When Bitcoin drops, almost every altcoins are dropping as well but that doesn't mean that altcoins will become useless, it is just altcoins price value are being paired with Bitcoin, Ethereum or NEO but time will come that it will soon paired with other top altcoins so when that time comes, Bitcoin will no longer affect Altcoin price values to drop when Bitcoin drops.

SavageBrother

Activity: 129
Merit: 8

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:56:05 PM

Well, I think alts are filling gaps now and that BTC is going to be like the crypto-gold, so no, it's not making alts useless.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
wanderloy

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:56:54 PM

Yes sure, people buying alts mainly just speculating to get more btc obviously. But i think there's still a room for alts to growing, like any cool system that's bitcoin not had like decred, dash etc.
Ha ha, bitcoin is not a great technology, it is symply the first cryptocurrency. There are a lot of much more advanced crypto like Ether, Waves and so on.

Bitcoin isn't the most important and the strongest Crypto in the market today.
Instead Ethereum, NEO, LiteCoin and other top altcoins are far way better than Bitcoin especially in terms of transaction speed.
Bitcoin is just the first of its kind but it does not mean it would always be the only Crypto that could lead the crypto market.

wanderloy

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:00:35 PM

Well, I think alts are filling gaps now and that BTC is going to be like the crypto-gold, so no, it's not making alts useless.

Altcoins aren't that useless because most of them have respective projects like the best Altcoin that I am holding right now.
Oyster Pearl PRL is the payment for anonymous storage in the tangle that users could upload and keep their files in the tangle safe and secure and no one could read their files except the owner because files are being chunked before they are being distributed in the multiple parts of the tangle.

mokong11

Activity: 187
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:01:46 PM

We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?

You have a good thoughts about what you say but every coin have their uses not by their value but for what their purposes. Alts become useless because only bitcoin is the one coin that become popular but without altcoins there is no trading and without trading we have no other ways to earn bitcoin only by mining and investing by the used of real money.
ahiaba.john@yahoo.com

Activity: 365

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:03:16 PM

Yes bitcoin has gained a lot of popularity over time because it has long been in existence as compare to other altcoin but that does  not mean it has made alt useless. The existence of alt made bitcoin face competition and bitcoin will try by all means to remain relevant than other. Alt made bitcoin better.

phucngungoc

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:04:32 PM

That's not true. Each coin contained a different function. Same as Iphone vs Samsung. Bitcoin better for you but for others the coins is more convenient.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:06:40 PM

Yes sure, people buying alts mainly just speculating to get more btc obviously. But i think there's still a room for alts to growing, like any cool system that's bitcoin not had like decred, dash etc.
Ha ha, bitcoin is not a great technology, it is symply the first cryptocurrency. There are a lot of much more advanced crypto like Ether, Waves and so on.
really?bitcoin is not a great technology?if i know,when youre new here in crypto,you use to crave to have bitcoin lol,and now that you grownup here,ethereum and waves makes you flattering?what an attitude,,bitcoin will be on top for long and will kill many altcoins soon
Dirk2017

Activity: 336

“Crypto Depository Receipts”

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:19:14 PM

We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?

Very true, lets accept the fact that even how many or how much altcoins that we keep but in the end it will be traded to Bitcoin to earn more fiat and that making Bitcoin price to become more strong in which in opposite altcoins will become useless after all. If the exchanges will accept altcoins to fiat directly then that will be the time that Bitcoin will slowly will top by the Altcoins.

cobak pole

Activity: 136

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:27:17 PM

I think this is true but it probably will not last long as this will add value to all altcoin.
drogas

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:28:52 PM

But btc and alts have two drastically different purposes. With btc being way more expensive for one, so I wouldn't say that btc makes alts useless. It all depends on your requirements and what you're looking for.
Agathai

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:29:35 PM

I do not doubt that Bitcoin is making a big impact on the market. This can only happen in a moment when the bitcoin moves downward.
In my opinion, bitcoin is at the heart of the world community but it does indeed have some changes in the usability of altcoin.
Fairly speaking, some altcoin are making valuable changes when converting transaction volume / s faster and more efficiently than bitcoin.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:29:43 PM

Why even bring up a comparison when bitcoin stands alone and complete. The very reason for alts is that they implement varying alternatives and projects that are unique, experimentive and exploratory,  still seeking identity and existence.
EugeneReigns

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

Express Gratitude With Merit

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:33:48 PM

I agree that Bitcoin makes altcoins useless, but in different kinda way. The majority of altcoins or even all of them are not independent. And not because of their nature or real dependence on Bitcoin, but because we make them dependent. That is the only reason why all the alts following Bitcoin when it downfalls. If everybody had understood that the majority of the altcoins are independent and self-efficient, these mass speculations concerning the future of Bitcoin wouldn't have affected other coins. And the market would have developed more stable and logically.

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/
ndico

Activity: 280

better Days Ahead...

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:53:40 PM

yeah whenever bitcoin is on the rise alts surfers, when bitcoin is going down alts surfers too, but when it is stable alts moons. that's shows the power of bitcoin.

ranchi

Activity: 143
Merit: 31

Cryptomaa.com Helps in finding Real project

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 05:50:35 PM

Bitcoin is supporting alt coins,BTC will be fast in future but for small investmnet alt coin is best and in alt coins many feature is added which is not possible in bitcoin

Like master node, privacy feature and many other feature.

Bitcoin is helping alt coins grow

cavaBcoin

Activity: 181
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:37:58 AM

That's not true. Each coin contained a different function. Same as Iphone vs Samsung. Bitcoin better for you but for others the coins is more convenient.
Yep, that’s right, it depends much  on the thought or demand of everyone. We all know that bitcoin is the prelude of cryptocurrency ,and actually it’s the foundation for the appearance of all the coin in crypto market. Moreover, it’s the oldest coin and it still keeps on developing, maybe it’s the most demand of people now but in the future, you know that we can’t say for sure anything previously. Maybe in the next some years, the number of people who uses bitcoin is not more than altcoin, definitely most people have a different defination in this market.
bitcoinskyrocket09

Activity: 239

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:58:57 AM

Altcoin is not useless perhaps their are altcoins that is very useful just like the bitcoin. People are very mindful and underestimate altcoins just because of the rankings and the value. But i assure to all of those who are using crypto, use the alt or other altcoins and you will know the real use of it.
BLAST2MARS

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:53:29 AM

I know that many altcoins that existed was aiming to be the next bitcoin and they claimed they are better one and that's are the real useless alts while those that don't compete with btc and focus on a specific category then they have worth in this market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: