Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:35:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin making alts useless  (Read 1627 times)
Lecsor

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:04:54 AM

We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?
As for me, you are very mistaken in this, the number of good Altcoins is increasing and soon they will become much more valuable than bitcoin, which just keeps on popularity. But the fact that the crypto currency needs to be developed further is a fact.

╔══ // PumaPay //  Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol   // PumaPay // ══╗
╠════════════  Telegram ─── Bitcointalk ─── Bounty ─── Join Here   ════════════╣
A free blockchain protocol that makes crypto billing accessible to every business  ╝
Faeton

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:27:43 AM

Even if we don't put Bitcoin into the arguement most of these so called ALtcoins are useless and I pity some people because they will wake up one day and see that they Altcoin stash worth close to Zero. The level of investment in Bitcoin is so big and this can't be rival by any ALtcoin projects so far
Bitcoin can continue to increase in price for a long time, however, in one day it can also fall to the level of depreciation. The more its cost, the more likely will be the development of such events. At the same time, altcoins, if viewed in general, so far only develop and gain strength and value. Altcoins, if not to consider some of them that will constantly leave the market, can no longer depreciate as bitcoin. They enter our life slowly and firmly. In general, altkoins are much more useful than bitcoin. Therefore, the altcoyins will develop and the future will follow.

Eros1on

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:40:43 AM

Altcoin is more valuable in its application, and BTC's current field is not available in many places, but altcoin lacks many important functions.

maxiimallist

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 05:58:57 PM

We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?
As for me, you are very mistaken in this, the number of good Altcoins is increasing and soon they will become much more valuable than bitcoin, which just keeps on popularity. But the fact that the crypto currency needs to be developed further is a fact.
At the moment I see that BTC Dominance is growing, this indicates an increase in the bitcoin value. Yes, altcoins carry in themselves new technologies that are necessary for the modern world of crypto currencies, therefore these new coins will win their place in the future world. If the coin does not develop, then this coin will disappear, this even applies to bitcoin.

ⓄⓄ    Bitscreener - The world's first financial data ecosystem powered by blockchain    ⓄⓄ
ⓄⓄⓄⓄ    ICO starts in June 27     ⓄⓄⓄⓄ
Follow Bitscreener  | Facebook | Twitter| Telegram
Anzal RK

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:02:24 PM

Why Huh
Im not sure about that.

Altcoin is alternatife coin, because BTC is to hard now to earn it.
And alternatife is Altcoin can something.
I has many profit with altcoin and trade to BTC or ETH.
So why Altcoin is useless Huh
deepcoreotc

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:03:00 PM

Bitcoin will be replaced by another currency in the future tho. As Bitcoin becomes more and more popular we will need more scalable coin to replace it.
Everict

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 07:00:03 PM

I don't think it's making other alts useless. You can easliy see that many altcoins have diffrent properties and might be used in some ways BTC couldn't.
Assface16678

Activity: 1386
Merit: 134

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 07:04:43 PM

I understand the fact that bitcoin is indeed one of the most well-anticipated cryptocurrencies up to date, and sometimes sadly, it outshines some altcoins that prpposes amaxing projects and/ir good raises because bitcoin is crowdfundes and some of these altcoins aren't. Altcoins are necessary and beneficial to cryptocurrency's growth abd development since it allows investors and people alike to have variations.

trudovik

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 07:09:22 PM

I think that bitcoin will not do anything bad, of course many projects that are focused on the fact that they perform a similar function with bitcoin, then of course in this case they will definitely not be needed.
Yur

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:10:47 PM

I don't believe the statement because altcoins have their own market strategy on their marketing.
When Bitcoin drops, almost every altcoins are dropping as well but that doesn't mean that altcoins will become useless, it is just altcoins price value are being paired with Bitcoin, Ethereum or NEO but time will come that it will soon paired with other top altcoins so when that time comes, Bitcoin will no longer affect Altcoin price values.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 08:18:23 PM

Most people buy alts only in order to speculate with them. The main purpose of these speculations is to increase the amount of bitcoins or dollars. Only few people believe in altcoin projects. It's a sad but real truth.

CoachCarter

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:34:54 AM

Bitcoins is still in its experimental and it will keep improving and have more room to change all of the bad features that it have now. I dont think Bitcoin is making alts useless because altcoins has different functions and it differs in how it works even if it is based on the blockchain.
Firdausiii

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:52:36 AM

I know that many altcoins that existed was aiming to be the next bitcoin and they claimed they are better one and that's are the real useless alts while those that don't compete with btc and focus on a specific category then they have worth in this market.

Bitcoin is popular, so people know about altcoin others as well. And there is good altcoin as an investment too. And many people invest in ICO with altcoin, not bitcoin. In fact, altcoin also helps grow the crypto currency market. Although not as much bitcoin, but they support each other
znakistu

Activity: 263

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:57:15 AM

Bitcoin was the first and continues to be the only coin with a characteristic of decentralization. All other so-called innovations, such as a shorter waiting time for transaction confirmation, protocols with proof of anything, Turing completeness, various signature generation algorithms, transaction request methods and even confidentiality are minor variants of the giant innovation that bitcoin represents.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
doyayipaku

Activity: 340
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:37:33 PM

The value of altcoin depends on bitcoin pretty much. I think we should wait for bitcoin and altcoin will be back, June is the time of bitcoin and altcoin back.
joni727397sri

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:24:06 PM

The majority of altcoins just tweak some unimportant parameters, or offer something that might be useful but not. If, for example, altcoin has the total amount of coins, that means each individual coin is worth less. If altcoin finds the block faster, it just means that the transaction requires confirmation for a similar level of security.
brokkoly

Activity: 198

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:31:10 PM

I don't know why more people don't think about altcois for storage of value as well. There is Ethereum for example. The technology is superior to Bitcoin. It's like highspeed internet vs. dial-up.
johnfoxh

Activity: 287

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:46:25 PM

Altcoin isn't useless, possibly, their altcoins which are very useful, as well as bitcoin. People are very attentive and underestimate altcoins only because of rating and cost. But I assure all those who use cryptography, use alt or other altcoins, and you will know his real use.
ternyabin

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:13:25 PM

Bitcoin just got the most fame because he was the first, he has no more advantages. Altcoins excel bitcoin in terms of technology and continue to evolve continuously. In addition, altcoins are more accessible, which makes them very attractive for investment.
djgtr

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:26:37 PM

Bitcoin just got the most fame because he was the first, he has no more advantages. Altcoins excel bitcoin in terms of technology and continue to evolve continuously. In addition, altcoins are more accessible, which makes them very attractive for investment.
Do you mean bitcoin has more disadvantages over advantages? Could you back read then. Anyway, making useless alts is somehow only a prediction. Isn't it? If bitcoin makes alts useless then probably altcoins didn't exist eversince during the first place it functions in crypto. I guess bitcoin won't do that because part of bitcoin are altcoins in crypto without this,it won't work as team in cryptocurrency so altcoins are not useless for bitcoin and it won't be making it useless.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: