Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:01:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin making alts useless  (Read 1634 times)
Pitparker

Activity: 114
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:50:35 AM

In my opinion too early to conclude so. If bitcoin ATMs exist in many places it is a normal thing because bitcoin is a precursor. I feel lately that people's interest in bitcoin is reduced. There are some altcoins that provide unexpected profits. Looks like today, the profit is sought by most people.
rumpletiltskin

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:18:54 AM

I think that is not enough reason to make alts useless. As you see, not all alts only aims for a price of pump or dump but altcoins have some unique function that can barely replace bitcoin. And especially for me I would still prefer making trades or transactions of altcoins rather than bitcoin due first to its transaction charge and next altcoin has a good speed in sending and receiving functions compared to bitcoin.
leynylaine

Activity: 322
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:29:13 PM

Bitcoin is the first one to get the fame since it's the first cryptocurrency. But many investors are preferring to choose altcoins than the father of the crypto since they have more benefits and advantages from holding it than long term holds in Bitcoin.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:18:45 PM

For me in my very own opinion, I think that bitcoin is developing right now, since bitcoin is the oldest in the cryptocurrency there'll be no doubts that it will be the popular amongst alts, It is also a good thing that the devs are making changes as this will be a big help in maintaining that top spot bitcoin has, and lastly I think that if this continues alts won't completely be useless since competition is a must here, it's business and therefore business means competition, and I think that alts won't back down to bitcoin.
Chacha1000

Activity: 645
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:49:15 PM

That is true
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:00:51 PM

We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?

It's so easy to think that way because the relationship of Bitcoin with altcoins are usually inversely proportional. I say that because it's always so difficult to see that there is a chance for altcoins to do good in the market, especially if many of them are falling down to the point of no return. Even if that is true, we cannot group all the altcoins into one department that are destined to fall off the cliff. I say that because there are still some coins that are priced enough and can hold their ground in terms even in the face of a market that is falling apart. Having said, altcoins are what gives Bitcoin competition that, in turn, helps the market stay afloat.

vike

Activity: 411
Merit: 100

Powered by Artificial Intelligence & Human Experts

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:02:48 PM

Bitcoin it for long-term investment and altcoins are more for short-term trading, in that they can show both huge growth and a huge drop in a very short time !

Runbitup

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:07:51 PM

We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?
the development of bitcoin is very fast and altcoin can not follow it but behind the development and popularity of bitcoin which continues to increase altcoin also continue to develop although lagging but the important thing is still growing and it proves that altcoin still useful and popular
Chelovek789

Activity: 127

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:09:21 PM

All altcoins in 90% die after the end of ico so it is better to keep savings in tested coins
alex_gr_cc

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 09:13:39 PM

It's too early to talk about the popularity of bitcoin. More and more analysts say that promising and technological alts will replace bitcoin in the near future.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
Viecoin

Activity: 852
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:18:28 PM

Bitcoin will never make alts useless because there will always be a way for alts to adopt those same platforms and services. Altcoins are forever vying for #1 and lets not forget the number of blockchain services that appear as tokens, yet compliment BTC by increasing utility.
tranquann000

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 04:35:58 AM

Well, I think alts are filling gaps now and that BTC is going to be like the crypto-gold, so no, it's not making alts useless.
eert

Activity: 123

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 04:40:16 AM

I don't think bitcoin is a proxy for the world, but I don't agree that it makes Altcoins useless. Most Altcoins can solve many problems. But bitcoin can't be solved. We cannot see who is useful or useless just from the change in price.
VeLa.RE

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 04:43:58 AM

While it is true that a very high percentage of the alt coins are the same thing with just a few tweaks it is not true of all coins. There are several coins out there that have real solid use cases, for instance Phore. Not only does it make use of zero protocol, but it has a smart contract platform that allows decentralized applications to be created and ran on the Phore blockchain. Alt coins like these have real value and will not be rendered useless by bitcoin. Additionally, a lot of the alt coins that are pretty much just clones with a few minor tweaks are often used as hedges which is all thats needed to keep some of this crap alive lol.
bitcoinmaniac52

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:07:45 PM

Bitcoin is not making alts useless. There are already a lot of useless altcoins out there and they do not need the help of bitcoin to make them look useless. The prices are tied to bitcoin because trading pairs are made with bitcoin so if the amount of people buying bitcoin reduces then the amount of people buying other coins reduce too. Bitcoin is still better than all the altcoins out there.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Schirer

Activity: 560
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:12:20 PM

If the BTC will evolve and the problems will be resolved, your statement could be very well true.
But in the same time there also is tokens which does not represent payment method but specific projects and this means that BTC cant get 100% of market and lets not forget the ETH and eth liked cryptos.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
dohoahue2012

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:57:17 PM

Yes bitcoin has gained a lot of popularity over time because it has long been in existence as compare to other altcoin but that does  not mean it has made alt useless. The existence of alt made bitcoin face competition and bitcoin will try by all means to remain relevant than other. Alt made bitcoin better.
dinah29

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:10:54 AM

Stop saying and comparing Bitcoin to Altcoin. We all know that Bitcoin was the first became popular to the crowd. But how can you sure that Altcoin is useless? It still has it uniqueness, in short it has different use compare to Bitcoin. Soon you will found out it's uniqueness.
Tenderino

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:17:45 AM

Whatever bitcoin is or will become, it will not make alts useless because they have still their function for certain areas. While I agree that many alts if not most are simply useless for the majority of the people. However, everyone has the right to try his luck with his coin. Do you think bitcoin ATMs are an argument for bitcoin? In my opinion not, because we should try to get away from the fiat system and ATMs converting crypto coins to fiat will not assist it.
jetjet

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:28:12 AM

i see NO! ALT are independent from BTC it has its own value and purpose... some altcoin are now slowly climbing up to the ladder of success and use as payment method..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: