Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:50:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin making alts useless  (Read 1631 times)
phamhung141a

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:54:19 PM

Yes bitcoin has gained a lot of popularity over time because it has long been in existence as compare to other altcoin but that does  not mean it has made alt useless. The existence of alt made bitcoin face competition and bitcoin will try by all means to remain relevant than other. Alt made bitcoin better. Smiley Smiley
bibitao29

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:24:14 AM

I feel the same because I have recently looked into the upgrades incoming for Bitcoin and they will resolve most of the problems it has, which is what alts try to solve. Now there may be some use case for a handful of alts but I think 95%+ will be useless after 2018 perhaps 2019. Not gonna hodl many alts after this run, if I do they will have a use case that Bitcoin 100% can't. Smiley
SimasB

Activity: 62

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:27:33 AM

Market is still very immature. Give it a few years when the money flows from bitcoin to the altcoins. By that time there shouldn't much of correlation between BTC and altcoins. Think of Apple stocks affecting Geico or any other listed company.
jlqueen

Activity: 123

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:30:41 AM

Wow, recently heard that Facebook, Google, and Microsoft will all begin to completely ban ads and messages on cryptocurrencies. But one thing I don't quite understand is that the first company that proposed to ban these ads should be Twitter, but so far the ads on cryptocurrencies are still everywhere on Twitter. Therefore, I think these companies have only to issue such announcements because of some policy reasons. What do you think?
Holla123

Activity: 504
Merit: 131

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:32:34 AM

We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?

I do not see how bitcoin makes ALTs useless. They complement each other. It might be interesting to see how BTC will do in the future if more trading pairs getting added and BTC less necessary to buy ALTS.
Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:40:42 AM

We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?

Yes it is true that bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency, we cant help that since bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency ever. Some refers cryptocurrency as "bitcoin", even though bitcoin is that popular it didn't make alts useless but the complete opposite with bitcoin, cryptocurrency gets more popular and it helps alts to be known too.
jpnl0002

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:59:41 AM

All altcoins takes its reference from either bitcoin or ethereum and ethereum itself has its reference to bitcoin so the rise and fall of bitcoin always affects the prices of every altcoin in the blockchain technology.
hanhduyen146

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:20:07 PM

Bitcoin just got the most fame because he was the first, he has no more advantages. Altcoins excel bitcoin in terms of technology and continue to evolve continuously. In addition, altcoins are more accessible, which makes them very attractive for investment.
hanaremay

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:27:01 AM

I feel the same because I have recently looked into the upgrades incoming for Bitcoin and they will resolve most of the problems it has, which is what alts try to solve. Now there may be some use case for a handful of alts but I think 95%+ will be useless after 2018 perhaps 2019. Not gonna hodl many alts after this run, if I do they will have a use case that Bitcoin 100% can't. Grin
honghai0730

Activity: 58

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:30:13 AM

Yes bitcoin has gained a lot of popularity over time because it has long been in existence as compare to other altcoin but that does  not mean it has made alt useless. The existence of alt made bitcoin face competition and bitcoin will try by all means to remain relevant than other. Alt made bitcoin better.
Carina.P

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:36:29 AM

The market for tokens is now driven by the existence of the ico project. As long as people can continue to invest in it. It will not disappear.
pharaon

Activity: 753
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:43:41 AM

There is no doubt that bitcoin rightfully takes the leading position in the market, it is very popular, etc. , but I do not think that he makes useless all the altkoins, because among them there are very promising and useful projects.
Leighton Walker

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:11:55 AM

I know that Bitcoin is still s really strong coin that the others cannot catch up with. The upgrades incoming for Bitcoin is actually good and they will resolve most of the problems it has, which is what altcoins try to solve. Lightning network will it make it a bit faster and a bit cheaper. There's a tackle of a lot more to blockchain technology than being a bit faster and a bit cheaper. However, the demand of diversify portfolio is still larger because risk could not be predicted, Hence, I think altcoins still have chance to develop. Investors just need to make sure the coin has a good development team and the more active, the better.
vividbery

Activity: 221
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:17:44 AM

I think that they all related and support each others and this help to grow the crypto currency. They all are growing and developing, alts bring the new kind of investment and crowd funding so all is good I believe.
nguyentrangg333

Activity: 59

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:32:44 AM

I think you are actually wrong. Bitcoin has its uses, and many altcoins have very different use cases, tackling very different real-world problems. Maybe you can not say one better than others. But the level of investment in Bitcoin is huge and this cannot be matched by the ALtcoin project so far this
 Smiley Smiley Smiley
hihitao46

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 01:20:35 AM

I don't know why more people don't think about altcois for storage of value as well. There is Ethereum for example. The technology is superior to Bitcoin. It's like highspeed internet vs. dial-up.
Paecga129

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:42:01 AM

Alts are making alts useless because there are so many of them in the market, bitcoin is not negatively affecting any of the alts. They do their own part and are used for whatever you want. Bitcoin was the first which is why it is growing so much, what do you expect it to do? stop growing and wait for the alts to catch up  Grin Grin An alt that will do well will do well, with or without bitcoin
mwarrior

Activity: 329
Merit: 10

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:21:36 AM

Bitcoin was the first, he is the flagship of the market. But at the same time, many altcoins are better than him in terms of speed of transactions. Many of the altcoins are really more useful than bitcoin. This can affect the future of coins, and the BTC will no longer be the first

jeraldskie11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 356

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:31:45 AM

Bitcoin doesn't make altcoins useless because some altcoins are very useful and helpful especially to those people who didn't do investment. We knows that bitcoins is the first who've listed in the market but doesn't really means that altcoins will no longer to used it because many people used it to earn money even though some of these are scam but some of these are legit too depends on how you choose a good altcoins and ofcourse by participating in bounty program.
espellogo7

Activity: 229

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:25:52 AM

No..because bitcoin and altcoin is usefull in defferent ways..you can not say one better than others..
altcoin is usefull and helpfull in investment..Altcoins can solve also many problems..we all know that bitcoins is the first listed in the market but it doesn't means that altcoins will no longer..the Bitcoin community is expanding every day, And the altcoin is adopt to those same platforms and services..And the Bitcoin for a long time will remain the most expensive coin...There for Bitcoin not making a useless in altcoin..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: