Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:33:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Very Peculiar Problem Receiving Bitcoins (expert analysis needed)  (Read 900 times)
dyamiccupcake (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 12:37:09 AM

Hello friendly forum mates,

I am a self-professed rookie. I assure you that have reviewed all the literature I could find on the topic, and I am left without an option except posting on this forum. My hope is someone can diagnose the problem and suggest a course of action for me to take.

The skinny:

I have engaged in a transaction to receive bitcoins, and the blockexplorer seems to confirm that a transaction has taken place and my address should have received bitcoins: http://blockexplorer.com/address/16EAKwXXbHwqHhpmsTjsG949xyoi3W4vPM

I can confirm that 16EAKwXXbHwqHhpmsTjsG949xyoi3W4vPM is actually my address.

This was seen in Block 136179 (2011-07-14 02:48:06)
My client now reports that it has loaded 136475 blocks (my transaction was roughly 300 blocks ago).
I range between 10-50 connections.
It has been roughly 24 hours since my client loaded the block that contained my transaction (Block 136179).
I am running Bitcoin version 0.3.24-beta, download very recently.
My operating system is Windows 7.

I'm willing to try anything, assuming I can understand the instructions (not always a given =P)

Thank you!
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 12:46:46 AM

start bitcoin with the -rescan flag, maybe?

Kinda hard to tell you what to do if you don't tell us what you already did that didn't work...  Roll Eyes
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 12:49:51 AM

Are you sure that address is in the wallet your client is using?

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
dyamiccupcake (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 12:52:31 AM

Hey, it sounds promising to start bitcoin with the -rescan flag.

Can you explain how I would do that? I would appreciate it very much.

@TiagoTiago - yes, I have checked multiple times.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 01:08:25 AM

1 - Click your Bitcoin shortcut icon with your right mouse icon
2 - Open the Properties window and in the Destination field add -rescan to the end.
3 - Apply the changes.
4 - Click the shortcut icon to start Bitcoin as you normally do
5 - Wait for it to rescan the whole blockchain
6 - ? ? ? ? ? ?
7 - Profit ?!?!
  Tongue
dyamiccupcake (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 06:49:32 AM

psy and TiagoTiago - thank you for your quick responses to get the ball rolling.

For whatever reason, this process worked only the second time I tried it, and not the first. For those who experience this problem in the future, here's what I did that worked. This is quoted from a previous thread:

Deleting the block chain: Well, it's safer to just move the block chain out of the way. Quit the Bitcoin client. Open the directory where your wallet.dat is stored. Move everything out of the directory, and only keep wallet.dat. Restart Bitcoin client. Wait a long time while it downloads the blockchain.

Very happy to have my first bitcoins safe and walleted. Thanks guys.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: