Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 10:48:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just going to vent to you about how we the people(miners) are getting ripped  (Read 4448 times)
hacknoid

Activity: 418
Merit: 252

Proud Canuck

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 01:46:17 AM

Do you really believe network difficulty will drop soon? Come on, seriously? We have tons of asics to be soon delivered from KNC and other companies. Tons of ghash/s paid overpriced. I say difficulty will grow even faster than now.

I have some amount of bitcoins, I always look for a good investment but currently in BTC asic mining world there are absolutely NONE ! I'm not some enthusiast to care about network security, I simply want to earn some money when I invest.

Every offer that I analyse is a huge gamble, every offer gives loss in my calculation or barely small profit (with high risk). Even the Bitfury miners with devices delivered according to promises are not sure to get their money back, not mentioning shit like BFL where you recieve unit after a year and you can say goodbye to your roi - unless you find a sucker who will pay double for your order. BFL even doesn't accept refunds lol, take an example from Yifu. He did not deliver on time, he gives full refund. He is a scumbag as well because he sold our chips to Asia resellers like alibaba.com. That was the reason of adelay and turning his chips into not profitable. I was one of his customers, lucky for me I had "red light" moment when I decided to auction my chips and made some profit.

Recently I bought some GPUs to mine altcoins, your advice is good on that. My analysis showed that this is the only shot for now to go on with mining cryptocurrency.

My bitcoins are burning my pocket but I won't give them for overpriced products to greedy asic manufacturers.

Of course I never count on BTC value rise with my calculations because this is retarded. If you want to speculate with BTC value just buy BTC, not a miner. You will earn a lot more if your speculations were right.

+1

BitcoinRunner : Side scroller game powered entirely by Bitcoin! 
Game (alpha): http://hacknoid.ca/bitcoinrunner
Discussion: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=907618.0
AussieHash

Activity: 692
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 01:33:55 PM

Great post
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1mgh0s/well_despite_all_the_talk_of_never_seeing_a_roi_i/cc91870

[–]historian1111 66 points 14 hours ago
People need to STOP using fiat exchange rates to calculate mining profitability. Doesn't matter if you use USD/EUR/YEN/POUNDS.
Think about what you're actually doing when you buy a mining device. You are buying a machine that does one thing and one thing ONLY, it makes bitcoins. Infact, for all intents and purposes, it only makes a finite amount of bitcoins.
If you are smart, you can calculate how many bitcoins your miner is likely to ever make. If you buy a miner for 100BTC, and it only mines 90BTC, then you have lost 10BTC.
Now heres the trick that manufacturers do to rip off idiots. They have calculated that the miner will only make 90BTC, so instead of plugging it in and running it for a year or so, they try to sell you the miner for 100BTC! Not only do they get 10BTC more, but they get their return right away. (The time value of money is also valuable)
So instead of selling the miner to you at 100BTC, they just say '$10,000' (assuming the exchange rate was $100/btc). This tricks most people into trying to worry about what the future exchange rate is. But its actually irrelevant!
Why? Because with your $10,000 you could buy 100BTC right now on an exchange, instead of buying a miner that will only return 90BTC to you. So, you're effectively paying $10,000/90 = $111 per BTC instead of $100 per BTC. You just got ripped off.
When you buy a miner that does not ROI in BTC terms, you are basically paying a higher exchange rate then you can get today on MTGOX.
Another way to look at is, is imagine that I tell you to send me 100BTC or $10,000, and in return i'll give you 90BTC back. Only an idiot would say "don't worry, even though i got 90BTC back, i'll make up for it when the exchange rate goes up! " You're still missing out on 10BTC that you would have if you just bought on MTGOX!
Keyser Soze

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 06:11:46 PM

People have a hard time separating mining profit/loss and currency speculation profit/loss. If you are mining for profit, do not spend more (in bitcoin) on a miner then you predict it will generate in its life time. Of course you would also need to factor in time value of money, operating costs, ect.
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 04:46:42 AM

When there's blood in the streets, buy.

When everyone else is buying, sell.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: