Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:22:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What feature do you want to see first to appear on Operation Fabulous? (see below for explanation of options)  (Voting closed: January 26, 2011, 11:27:16 AM)
Advertiser refund - 2 (33.3%)
Search function for advertisers - 0 (0%)
Animated/XXX block - 2 (33.3%)
More payment processors - 0 (0%)
Email notifications about bids - 2 (33.3%)
Other: specify below - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Fabulous: Next level advertising  (Read 1631 times)
BioMike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 22, 2011, 11:27:16 AM

There are now multiple features requested for Operation Fabulous. To get an idea of what people find more important I've set up this poll.
The poll runs 4 days, which gives some time to discuss the way it will be implemented and hopefully allows me to start implementing it next weekend. Depending on the feature that wins it may take more or less time to implement.

Details of every option:
Advertiser refund
Now only advertisers can send money to their account, but not withdraw it. This option is to add this possibility.

Search function for advertisers
The amount of sites to choose from are limited at the moment, but might be a lot more in the future. This option will give advertisers a search box when placing an advertisement instead of the current list of all active sites. This option is a basic implementation that will be extended later (for this option will only search on basis of site owner, free advertising, URL and site name).

Animated/XXX block
Currently everybody can place all ads on every site. Publishers might want to restrict what ads are displayed on their site. This option adds these restrictions. It notifies advertisers that a site prefers not to have those types of ads. This option is a basic implementation that will be extended later (with stronger enforcement instead of notifying).

More payment processors
Currently we use the services of MyBitcoin for transferring bitcoins to an account. This option ads more (MtGox?) payment processor options.

Email notifications about bids
Have the advertiser receive an email notification when his/her bid or account funds run low.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BioMike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2011, 08:03:31 PM

Ok, well... nice. I'll start in this order (also based on discussion from the other topic), starting this weekend.
It will however take some time to implement each feature.

1) Animated/XXX block (first animated ad is uploaded this week, so this becomes also more urgent).
2) Advertiser refund
3) Email notifications about bids (already spend time setting up an email server, that's working now).
r1b

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2011, 05:45:56 PM

Adding the ability for a publisher to modify their existing site data rather than having to create a new site record would be useful.  That way the publisher doesn't have to update their web page to reflect a new wid # every time.

Great site by the way.  Clean and simple design.
BioMike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2011, 09:47:15 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2011, 11:49:51 AM by BioMike

Adding the ability for a publisher to modify their existing site data rather than having to create a new site record would be useful.  That way the publisher doesn't have to update their web page to reflect a new wid # every time.

Great site by the way.  Clean and simple design.

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, modifying existing data should still be implemented. I hope to add some new options soon, I'll see if I can take this with it at the same time.

[edit]
Coming back to this. If someone wants to change data from their site (Only name, url and minimum bid), send me a PM.
[/edit]
tuxsoul

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2011, 05:45:35 AM

hi,

my website are using ad server, ¿i can use your javascript code in my ad server, to show the ad in my blog?

greetings.
BioMike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2011, 06:23:25 AM

hi,

my website are using ad server, ¿i can use your javascript code in my ad server, to show the ad in my blog?

greetings.

Hi tuxsoul,

Sign in into your account, go to "Websites" and click on the website of your blog. Then click "website code". This gives the javascript code to load the ads. When everything works you'll see a placeholder image (like currently on this site: http://dylanw.dyndns.tv:8331/lvbx/ (Note the small orange section)) until it is approved by me. Then people can start bidding on the ad for your blog.

When testing please make sure that you've disabled any ad blocker, else you won't see anything.
idev

Activity: 859
Merit: 1004

BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo

View Profile
February 19, 2011, 03:51:46 AM

How can i remove the gay ads from my site?
BioMike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2011, 07:41:18 AM

There should be a button "remove" beside the ad in the list, from the website detail. Click that and it should be removed (advertiser could however place it back, still working on the code to make this impossible).
BioMike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2011, 09:10:10 AM

There should be a button "remove" beside the ad in the list, from the website detail. Click that and it should be removed (advertiser could however place it back, still working on the code to make this impossible).

Update:
I've added a simple blacklist to the site. When you remove a bid, it will be automatically banned from being able to bid with that ad on that site again. This is only a temporal solution, until I get a more advanced approval system up and running.
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 08:07:45 AM

is this site online and working? does not look like it...
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 11:53:43 PM

I'd like to know if this is as well.
I'm really interested selling advertising on my site.

If you need moderators to verify sites, let me know.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: