Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:26:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: If the results of the vote (median dollar amount) in this thread would choose how much everyone should be taxed to save lives (based on the demand voted on here and the supply of dying people), then how much are the cheapest Human lives worth to you?
Human lives are worth a negative amount on average, and the more of them die the better. - 8 (30.8%)
$0 per life saved (choose this if you are against redirecting existing tax money for this) - 6 (23.1%)
$1 per life saved - 2 (7.7%)
$3 per life saved - 0 (0%)
$10 per life saved - 1 (3.8%)
$30 per life saved - 0 (0%)
$100 per life saved - 2 (7.7%)
$300 per life saved - 1 (3.8%)
$1,000 per life saved - 2 (7.7%)
$3,000 per life saved - 0 (0%)
$10,000 per life saved - 0 (0%)
More than $10,000 (you do realize the price is less than $1000, right?) - 4 (15.4%)
Total Voters: 24

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many dollars is a Human life worth, if a vote would choose a tax to pay it?  (Read 6703 times)
BenRayfield (OP)

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 05:03:58 AM

Kickstarter is the largest funding platform for creative projects in the world. Every week, tens of thousands of amazing people pledge millions of dollars to projects from the worlds of music, film, art, technology, design, food, publishing and other creative fields.

A new form of commerce and patronage. This is not about investment or lending. Project creators keep 100% ownership and control over their work. Instead, they offer products and experiences that are unique to each project.

All or nothing funding. On Kickstarter, a project must reach its funding goal before time runs out or no money changes hands. Why? It protects everyone involved. Creators aren’t expected to develop their project without necessary funds, and it allows anyone to test concepts without risk.

How did I describe kickstarter wrong? I didn't tell everything about it, but I didn't misrepresent it either.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 05:09:51 AM

All land was stolen from lower animals. There didn't used to be any parking lots or houses. There were jungles and other natural areas, and Humans stole them.

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my steak sizzling.

Mmmm... Steak.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 05:30:29 AM

All land was stolen from lower animals. There didn't used to be any parking lots or houses. There were jungles and other natural areas, and Humans stole them.

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my steak sizzling.

Mmmm... Steak.

Yes, meat is murder, tasty, tasty, murder.

And when cows start taking us to court, I'll stop eating them.
TheGer

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 05:32:51 AM

Might makes right lol.  Law of the Jungle!
NghtRppr

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 05:35:13 AM

Might makes right lol.  Law of the Jungle!

Actually, a cow could kill me in an instant. Those things are huge! I'm not asking them to arm wrestle me. I just want them to ask me to stop. If any single cow in the entire species asks me to stop eating them, I'll stop eating all cows.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 05:36:05 AM

Actually, a cow could kill me in an instant. Those things are huge! I'm not asking them to arm wrestle me, just communicate to me that they want me to stop. If any single cow in the entire species asks me to stop eating them, I'll stop eating all cows.

Ninja'd!

+1.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Anonymous

July 16, 2011, 05:36:32 AM

Might being right is inherently a good thing. In the end, it forces the majority to consolidate in serving everybody's best interest. It might take a century or two but we're getting there.
TheGer

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 06:06:22 AM

If you can't avoid getting killed by a cow, I'll send the the Darwin to those you leave behind Wink

Actually, a cow could kill me in an instant. Those things are huge! I'm not asking them to arm wrestle me. I just want them to ask me to stop. If any single cow in the entire species asks me to stop eating them, I'll stop eating all cows.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 06:11:58 AM

If you can't avoid getting killed by a cow, I'll send the the Darwin to those you leave behind Wink

Well, Yeah, by definition, it's our brains that allows us to beat a cow, one on one. Wouldn't want to face a bull unarmed.

NghtRppr

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 06:43:07 AM

Make up your mind. Is it "might makes right" or is it "brains beats brawn"?
TheGer

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 07:03:02 AM

Sometimes the Brain is mightier than the Brawn.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 07:06:20 AM

That's what she said.

BenRayfield (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 07:27:39 AM

You don't want a battle with me. I know how to build things most people can't imagine, and networking peoples' minds together through the internet or enough AI to start a technology singularity are the easier to understand things. I'm going to figure out what the Human species wants and help get there, and I really hope it's not a society organized by "might makes right". There are much more interesting things to do with the tools I'm planning. This level of thinking is one of the benefits of having a decentralized subconscious mind, as I explained earlier in this thread when any 1 of 7 billion people dies I lose a small part of my subconscious mind, which is why 1 of the reasons I value Human life so highly. Peace is extremely more efficient than war, and we can't have your "law of the jungle" interfering with that.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 07:29:31 AM

You don't want a battle with me. I know how to build things most people can't imagine, and networking peoples' minds together through the internet or enough AI to start a technology singularity are the easier to understand things. I'm going to figure out what the Human species wants and help get there, and I really hope it's not a society organized by "might makes right". There are much more interesting things to do with the tools I'm planning.

Introduce me to your dealer, man!

TheGer

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 07:46:24 AM

Lol he's on a dose of Globalist Hive Mind Reefer.

You don't want a battle with me. I know how to build things most people can't imagine, and networking peoples' minds together through the internet or enough AI to start a technology singularity are the easier to understand things. I'm going to figure out what the Human species wants and help get there, and I really hope it's not a society organized by "might makes right". There are much more interesting things to do with the tools I'm planning.

Introduce me to your dealer, man!
TheGer

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 07:47:33 AM

You're reaching Myrkul lol.

That's what she said.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 07:57:55 AM

Lol he's on a dose of Globalist Hive Mind Reefer.

That must be some strong stuff... "I can make AI"...  Roll Eyes

BenRayfield (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 11:39:52 PM

Globalist Hive Mind Reefer

Something like that, but don't tell the government cause I don't want them to make hive mind thinking illegal.

That must be some strong stuff... "I can make AI"...

I've got a lot of stuff in progress, but the most advanced AI that's ready to use now is Audivolv 0.1.7
http://sourceforge.net/projects/audivolv

It's a Java program that evolves simple Java code that defines musical instruments you play with the mouse. You move the mouse for a few seconds, hear how the sounds react to your movements, click good or bad, and it evolves a new musical instrument. They start to sound better after 10 rounds, but after maybe 50 there is no more improvement and it gets stuck at local maximums, often getting worse. This is expected since its just simple code evolution. Its code that operates on an array of floating point numbers, where some of those are mouse x position now, 1/6, 2/6, and 3/6 seconds in the past, speaker amplitude outputs, red green and blue background color outputs, etc. For now its just a simple music evolving game, but my plan is to use it as a user-interface for more advanced systems that need realtime user interaction in the form of floating point numbers.

One of the projects I branched from Audivolv is Giga Line Compile.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gigalinecompile

Its a way to merge Beanshell (Java interpreter) and Javassist (Java compiler), but for now it compiles a Beanshell wrapper and when you call optimize it replaces it at runtime with a Javassist compiled class. The plan is to merge those in trees of code objects that implement substrings of code with any permutation of var names. Var names are like "f15" or "o15" to use stack frame index 15 for floating point or object. Its not meant for variable names typed by people. You can write normal Java code in it too, but only the vars named my way will be processed by the code evolution system. You can tell a code object to recursively permutate var names to a certain set of other names, and then combine that code object with another object which overlaps some of those vars, to create new code. The stack is implemented as a floating point array and object array in parallel, for efficiency. Its a cost of using Java instead of C, but Java has the advantage of being a consistent predictable system. Giga Line Compile will be 1 of the core systems of this AI I'm talking about, used for code evolution and later AI code that designs more AI code.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 11:48:24 PM

Globalist Hive Mind Reefer

Something like that, but don't tell the government cause I don't want them to make hive mind thinking illegal.

That profile pic (which, after a little research does indeed seem to be your real face), isn't helping your case, either. You look like you're about to eat somebody's face, possibly your own.

BenRayfield (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 11:50:54 PM

Its supposed to look crazy. I'm a mad-scientist.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: