Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:29:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to stop overthinking?  (Read 1081 times)
jasbatu

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:31:02 AM

Just pray and sleep well.

challenge your mind
Humans are generally easily carried away negative thoughts. So before you conclude that skipping a deadine or a deadline for office work can get you fired, then that's where you're overtthinked.
Remember also that emotions can interfere with your ability to perceive situations objectively.
udengbit

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:32:34 AM

Overthinking has been a big problem in most of the peoples life. Gives you a negative attitude, affects your relations with friends, family etc. How can you possibly stop yourself from overthinking when probably you have no control of what to think?

Reflect on Thoughts
Burying the problem for too long can make you an unproductive person, but this problem can be helped by doing a brief reflection.
Spend 20 minutes to "me time" in your daily schedule. During that period, let yourself dissolve into reflection or think about whatever you want.
When it's over, move somewhere else and do what makes your heart happy.
kulet

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:34:00 AM

Just pray and sleep well.

Learn Mental Skill Skills
The wise man said, it is impossible to return the time that has passed and do not worry about what will happen tomorrow, because you live in the present time.
If you are skilled at mastering your own mind, then you can give attention to what you are doing now and focus more on what you do.
Just like any other skill, mastering the mind takes practice and over time, it can help overthink.
Gustafio

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:35:32 AM

Kind of cheesy, but "live in the moment"..

The overthinking generally happends because one feels the need to analyse evertything that is happening and going to happen, yet nothing ever goes like imagined no matter how much you have thought it through..

gualop

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:35:58 AM

Just keep yourself busy. Work, work, work!!!

focus on solutions
Always point your mind to "way out", so the problem can be solved as precisely and immediately as possible. If you feel the problem can be controlled, then the next step is you should be able to prevent it from happening again.
Dare to take some options, just in case the first solution does not go as planned. You still have second and third planning.
Focus on things you can control, such as your attitude and effort.
dumkoin

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:37:11 AM

Overthinking has been a big problem in most of the peoples life. Gives you a negative attitude, affects your relations with friends, family etc. How can you possibly stop yourself from overthinking when probably you have no control of what to think?

multiply take action
This is the most important and perhaps the most difficult. However, if you want to change your life, you need to take action now. If you just think, this will not work. Talking about this might be easy, but it's a difficult practice. However, you have to motivate yourself.
padekoh

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:39:36 AM

I overthink all the time, and I notice no negative side effects from it other than not being able to fall asleep easily. Quite on the contrary, I'd say the net effect is overwhelmingly positive.

Your problem seems to be a lack of focus and its resulting compulsion. If you want to practice focus you can just try to pay attention to your breath and increase the duration of that exercise over time, or practice calculations or other short-term memory tasks in your head.

Write something you're thinking about
If only you think about it, the mind will become more numerous. So what's wrong with trying to write everything you have in your mind into a piece of paper. It will help you a lot and lighten the burden of your mind. By writing your problem or what step you will take, who knows you will find the solution or choice you will take. Writing your every thought before you sleep is probably a good idea. It can also make you sleep more soundly.
cindypuerit

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:44:45 AM

Do not always think of the mind you should show in your case so that you can plan your life in your mind when you go to your life as you do not have your own
henryp2

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:34:11 AM

It depends on what you are thinking about. If it calls for solution, you could seek guidance from a close relative.
ProfessorZ
Copper Member

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:53:34 PM

Try to make exercises every morning
PETMALU11

Activity: 144

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:04:28 AM

Do a activity that lessen your overthingking like buying staff to release your stress, and for me play online games to prevent more stress and went to a place that can make yourself calm down, Like plaza or overlooking place.
GowTham fz

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:25:28 AM

Hi,10 Simple ways to stop overthinking
1.Awareness is the beginning of change.
2.Don't Think of what can go wrong,but what can go right.
3.Distract yourself into happiness.
4.Put things into Perspective.
5.Stop waiting for Perfection.
6.Change your View of Fear.
7.Put a Timer to Work.
8.Realize you can't predict your future.
9.Accept your best.
10.Be Grateful.
CHINUYAGAV24

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:26:41 AM

Overthinking happens only when you are alone. engage yourself in any of the work. Be calm and patient. Trust the process.
Bettrader

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:22:07 AM

Relax and realize the beauty of the present moment. Communication with friends also helped me to stop overthinking.
Da2ja3

Activity: 181
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:34:54 AM

Get a distraction...it works really well
jdnthny

Activity: 281
Merit: 10

Futurov

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:57:25 AM

I personally say that I'm an over-thinker even my the ideas that comes in my mind I overthink whether that is beneficial or not for me. But What I did is i meditate and relax myself in that case it lessen my thinking. It is like refreshing your owns mind.

███████████████ ██ █      F U T U R O V   │  The #watch2earn Revolution      █ ██ ███████████████
Website  ⦁  Telegram Group  ⦁  Telegram Channel  ⦁  Twitter  ⦁  Instagram  ⦁  YouTube  ⦁  TikTok  ⦁  Github
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Eloson

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:20:49 AM

Try not be alone,always keep your self busy,hang out with friends,laugh too much
itrade777

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:20:11 AM

I'm a over thinker person and once I over think I'll think of the worst, there is this one scenario when I over think then me and my bestfriend argue about it. Like I always tell him that I can't trust you because I can't see you, I can't see what's your doing for the whole day maybe your lying and I know that those things made me hurt him a lot Sad I know it's not right to overthink but I just can't avoid it. Because when I overthink strikes a person it will result argument.. So once overthinking strikes me I'll try to avoid to talk to that person and let myself cool down for a bit.
Luckyswan

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:52:52 AM

Sleep. Eat. Laugh
kaigeta

Activity: 147
Merit: 27

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:18:10 AM

Find space and time to clear your mind. Some people call that meditating. Silence is underrated. Focusing on your breathing will help you to stop thinking (thinking words anyway), having the patience to sit and be in silence is another thing altogether, takes practice.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: