Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:41:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just sold our first Privacy product for BitCoins. BitCoin is the shit!  (Read 1059 times)
sunnankar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 03:03:45 AM

My blog partner Bill Rounds was the first attorney to accept BitCoins on the wiki Trade page. Recently we integrated BitCoin as a payment method on our blog How To Vanish.

We already had someone make the first purchase. I was thinking about the customer experience and I sure hope they got the product because I neither know their name nor how to find it out or have any way to contact them. With other digital delivery software I am able to see when the product was downloaded, etc. and I try to follow up if there appears to be a problem like people buying it but not downloading it. We have also had a chargebacks in the last month, like usual, from people who downloaded the product 3+ times. Seriously? Sure, it is one thing to understand the theory of BitCoin but once one starts using it in commerce it is a whole difference experience.

BitCoin is the shit. Not only is there no potential chargeback liability but it is also going to drive these tax collectors crazy.

On another note, anyone know of any digital product delivery software that would integrate with BitCoin or about how much it would cost to develop some? It would sure be really useful. Right now we are using MyBitCoin but what happens if it takes the network 60 minutes to clear? Our other digital delivery software does just fine and deals with Paypal eChecks, etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 03:35:39 AM

MyBitcoin is fine to use, but I would strongly recommend you set the option that automatically sweeps your Bitcoin balance to another address (e.g. your wallet on your computer). There have been some issues with people unable to contact the owner of MyBitcoin to resolve issues lately.

MtGox also has its own merchant API which you might want to use instead.

Looks like you're using e-junkie for your products right now. I'm sure I saw a similar site which accepted Bitcoins but I can't recall its name or address right now. I'll get back to you when I remember.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
sunnankar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 07:58:51 AM

Looks like you're using e-junkie for your products right now. I'm sure I saw a similar site which accepted Bitcoins but I can't recall its name or address right now. I'll get back to you when I remember.

Yes, would be great to have e-junkie to integrate Bitcoin. Have never used MtGox. Got kind of scared off ....

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: