Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:42:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I need some small super malicious computer viruses  (Read 2408 times)
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 01:42:52 AM

The reality is that nothing mentioned here would do what the OP wants..

.....Like the NSA is just going to run every executable they find as root/admin  Roll Eyes

You never know. The NSA has some crazy evil genius mad scientists. Maybe they just like to double-click on stuff.

Hm... Is there any software to generate "multiple-outcome" encrypted text or other documents? It would have multiple hashes to "solve," but only one would be legitimate.

For example passw0rd would give:
Hey, there. I lost your most recent pubkey. Would you mind sending it over, again?

while a3nomalym@@kZer39jooL would give:
Hey, there. Ready to bomb X embassy in PleaseDon'tRaidMyHouse-istan?

Would be similar to Truecrypt's ability to give "fake" information with certain passwords. This could be useful as an added layer in case a PGP privkey is compromised, for example. I'd guess the initial password key(chain) would have to be given in a very private manner, like in a face-to-face kind of way, then entered with a randomly-scrambling virtual keyboard offline.

A simple XOR scheme would do the trick. I've seen the software somewhere. What it does is it can generate the required password to decrypt the desired plaintext. The password would be as long as the message. This is essentially similar to a one time pad.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:03:51 AM

From the book of old school:  Create a HUGE file that just consists of one character repeated over and over (think /dev/zero piped into a 100G file).  It will compress down to a few bytes when zipped, but any system expanding/decrypting it will be consuming a lot of resources.

You just described the zip bomb, and most modern extractors can easily detect this and not continue.

The updated method is to zip one of these giant babies, then to copy them multiple times to another zip file, then to copy those multiple times to another zip file, and you nest them very deep for a combined total size exceeding most hard drive capacities.

But, like I said, most modern archivers and extractors will detect this.
http://www.unforgettable.dk/
it is not 1993 so zip bombs are useless, along with 'viruses'.

kluge: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deniable_encryption
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 01:52:13 AM

@b!z, yes that's the one I'm talking about. It doesn't work except for really badly implemented homebrew unzippers. I actually made one from a much smaller file, like 100 MB or something. The unzippers I all tried still wouldn't unzip them.

niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 05:01:55 AM

Well it's more a form of protest, and also I'm assuming a lot of the process might be automated.  I don't really expect them to fall for it though, it's more a "fuck you" than anything else.

You might as well run to the woods and scream "fuck you".

Your are on the good track, though. They seem to be in the business of mass surveilance, not national security. The process is largely automated, and as such relies on a fixed menu of exploitable standards. The more people start broadcasting random data and using ad hoc, home-brewed crypto and steganography, the more human intervention and judgement will be required on the Big Brother side. That is their only potentially limited resource, and stretching it thin might finally force them to start dealing with the national security issues at the expense of mass surveilance. We should make it part of the etiquette to include random and random-looking bits in all our communication.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
mangox

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 05:28:50 AM

http://www.hackforums.net/ Grin
mangox

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 05:48:35 AM

Hier haben wir für dich noch einige wichtige Tipps für das sichere Surfen im Internet
Solche Themen Cheesy können unseren Moderatoren gemeldet werden.
mangox

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 09:40:29 AM

http://jrat.pro/pictures.php
anonymous_acc

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 11:49:40 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2013, 08:35:29 AM by anonymous_acc

Carberp

https://mega.co.nz/#!FFExXYrQ!CMqd9nrm1d0XABKlifI9vmxprpQ6RnfsdhBHeKrDXao

https://mega.co.nz/#!0YsXWBRD!CMqd9nrm1d0XABKlifI9vmxprpQ6RnfsdhBHeKrDXao

https://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=PlYmL0CpzKDRRcQNx2b2Go6vjCe5YK7qCI094TWgXzY%3D

1,9 Gb

password
Kj1#w2*LadiOQpw3oi029)K Oa(28)uspeh
K   O - three spaces

https://github.com/hzeroo/Carberp/tree/master/source%20-%20absource/pro/all%20source

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9FW2svQegfPdWJnZ2Z4eDB0djg/edit?pli=1

BTC: 1HRcwjxG2H5vSnNo5ZbGqMxRPFWJk6dwW9
b!z
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 12:22:15 PM

go away 13 year old
01BTC10
VIP

Merit: 503

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 06:55:00 PM

Almost forgot about this l337 h4x0r unreadable forum.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 07:23:44 PM

Don't use viruses, just take a "Fuck you NSA" picture, zip it and encrypt password with several multiple encryption algorithms, then send file and encrypted password via mail with subject Surprise 2013 and write all those random encryption algorithms name randomly.
niko

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 05:52:53 AM

Don't use viruses, just take a "Fuck you NSA" picture, zip it and encrypt password with several multiple encryption algorithms, then send file and encrypted password via mail with subject Surprise 2013 and write all those random encryption algorithms name randomly.

Even better, embed a simple message steganographically, with a weak password, in every image you share with others.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 06:11:20 AM

Even better, embed a simple message steganographically, with a weak password, in every image you share with others.

Send a image back and front, each time changing a few pixels prior to re-sending. Every now and then add a comment like "that won't work" or "I didn't think of that" or "hope nobody ever breaks our code" or "too funny, dude".
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 06:17:59 AM

I'm sure they would have to run the .exe.  Otherwise you could hide your secret message inside of a program that prints it out.  They probably have some sort of automated sandbox executable analyzer.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
b!z
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:35:57 AM

Almost forgot about this l337 h4x0r unreadable forum.
Everytime I go there (for entertainment), my IQ drops by a few points. The kids there post some really stupid shit.
Zeek_W

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:37:13 AM

Hahahah, OPs post reminded me of the virus in the novel 'Digital Fortress' by Dan Brown. Keep the man busy decrypting a virus file instead of his actual information.

niko

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:28:44 PM

Hahahah, OPs post reminded me of the virus in the novel 'Digital Fortress' by Dan Brown. Keep the man busy decrypting a virus file instead of his actual information.

As a kid, I used to spend time listening to short-wave numbers stations, recording it on the cassette tapes, then naively writing it down, and running a C-64 code to analyze frequencies of groups of digits. Fun for kids. That was pretty much the peak of my crypto career.

Now I am thinking - what if the whole numbers station mystery was simply a cheap way of diverting enemy's resources away from where they would be useful? Just a random stream of numbers, a distraction. Certainly some cryptanalysis effort was spent on attempt to break them, and certainly this same effort was not spent on something else.

BitBlitz

Activity: 285

Turning money into heat since 2011.

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:49:57 PM

As a kid, I used to spend time listening to short-wave numbers stations, recording it on the cassette tapes, then naively writing it down, and running a C-64 code to analyze frequencies of groups of digits. Fun for kids. That was pretty much the peak of my crypto career.
Heh.. Not to far from this; As a college student in the US, I had some entertainment wasting Soviet military resources by sending pulsed shortwave signals on the same frequency the 'Russian Woodpecker' (over the horizon radar) was running.  Within a minute they would have to change frequencies.  A student with ~$100 worth of outdated vacuum tube equipment and 150' of wire antenna could chase a secret military project around the shortwave band for fun.

I see the value of Bitcoin, so I don't worry about the price...
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 02:59:50 AM

Now I am thinking - what if the whole numbers station mystery was simply a cheap way of diverting enemy's resources away from where they would be useful? Just a random stream of numbers, a distraction. Certainly some cryptanalysis effort was spent on attempt to break them, and certainly this same effort was not spent on something else.

There is a recent movie called "The Number Station".

I don't think these are cheap. And it's very possible they are indeed used the way every one thinks they are used, as one way encrypted communications channel, using one time pads. Easy to use. Uncrackable. Meaningless to everyone else.

tkbx

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:18:45 AM

I have started adding flagged words to the signature of my e-mails, as a form of protest of the topical NSA scandal. I would also like to start attaching small viruses, encrypted with passwords like "Password1" and "correct horse battery staple" so that the recipients don't get infected (because it's encrypted) but any snoops that steal the e-mail and attempt to decrypt the attachment will 1) definitely be able to decrypt it, and 2) will get a nasty surprise. (I also have in my signature an warning/alert to the e-mail recipients NOT to attempt to decrypt the attachment, because it's a virus.)

Does anybody have some torrents or other links to something best suited for this purpose.

Are you 12? You do realize that for malware to be effective without an exploit in the OS, the receiving party has to knowingly and intentionally run it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: