Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:23:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any solar powered rigs out there? I have an idea for one, check it out!  (Read 7962 times)
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 01:03:09 PM

My uncle has a homemade wind turbine
I'd love to have "green" energy
It seems that you already have...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
georgesymond121

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 06:47:05 AM

I was wondering where do you guys purchased solar panels and in what cost. I am thinking of buying a 1000watt solar panels but only have limited information bout solar panel and it’s usages in the daily life like the operation of solar panels Colorado and it’ maintenance. Can someone give me ideas or menu for understanding the functionalities of solar panel before purchasing it..

solar panels colorado
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 09:34:54 AM

I was wondering where do you guys purchased solar panels and in what cost. I am thinking of buying a 1000watt solar panels but only have limited information bout solar panel and it’s usages in the daily life like the operation of solar panels Colorado and it’ maintenance. Can someone give me ideas or menu for understanding the functionalities of solar panel before purchasing it..

It largely depends on where you live and what government subsidies are available, in some cases you can't do the buying and install yourself if you want subsidies (needs to be done by a certified company).

You need panels and an invertor to turn DC into 230 V AC (or in your case 110V AC). Solar panels range in prices from cheap (need large surface to put them down) to super expensive (you only need 3 panels to get 1000 Watts). I don't know how much roof you have available. Solar panels last 20 years, invertors break down after 10 years.

A 240 Wp Solar panel costs here about $USD 600, a 3k VA PVI costs $USD 1800. Add costs for cabling and roofmounting and you are looking at $USD 4 / 1 Wp for a large installation.

Unless you want to use a system disconnected from the grid, where you'll need batteries to store the excess capacity and then it becomes really expensive.
legolouman

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 11:43:42 AM

It largely depends on where you live and what government subsidies are available, in some cases you can't do the buying and install yourself if you want subsidies (needs to be done by a certified company).

You need panels and an invertor to turn DC into 230 V AC (or in your case 110V AC). Solar panels range in prices from cheap (need large surface to put them down) to super expensive (you only need 3 panels to get 1000 Watts). I don't know how much roof you have available. Solar panels last 20 years, invertors break down after 10 years.

A 240 Wp Solar panel costs here about $USD 600, a 3k VA PVI costs $USD 1800. Add costs for cabling and roofmounting and you are looking at $USD 4 / 1 Wp for a large installation.

Unless you want to use a system disconnected from the grid, where you'll need batteries to store the excess capacity and then it becomes really expensive.

But if you want it in the grid, you need an inverter. The whole science behind planning one is very difficult, kinda like building your first computer. You almost worry that you bought incompatible parts.

Nice epic bumps guys.

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: