Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:23:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I reckon more warnings are necessary to protect newbies from ICOs  (Read 185 times)
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:46:26 AM
Merited by suchmoon (1)

The altcoin subforum has become a sea of shills that are adamantly bombarding that subforum with new ICO threads everyday. To make matters worse, they also have made farmed accounts to bump those threads, trying to make it look like there's interest in them.

I reckon it's necessary that thread starting posts from newbies should include red warnings in them in any altcoin subforum.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
etherflip
Copper Member

Activity: 103
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:50:18 AM

How about Newbies can't post threads except for in Meta and beginners?

JBVNG

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:55:37 AM

I would appreciate limiting newbie thread posts. The shill is unreal
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 05:50:49 AM

The altcoin subforum has become a sea of shills that are adamantly bombarding that subforum with new ICO threads everyday. To make matters worse, they also have made farmed accounts to bump those threads, trying to make it look like there's interest in them.

I reckon it's necessary that thread starting posts from newbies should include red warnings in them in any altcoin subforum.

The Altcoins sections are flooded with shills from every corner of this universe. They think themselves as MeKnowEverything about crypto and start spreading FUD everywhere. The social media are the breeding grounds of shills - I have tried to warn people many times in several places not to trust the social media because its full of shills a good example of which is the reddit channels.

Anyway back on discussion, there are some ICOs which are using ICO Bumping services to make them look legitimate and create a false sense of popularity among the viewers so as to get more attention. They can be reported to the "Reputation" section for DefaultTrust to check and neg tag these accounts appropriately those which are associated in this "ANN Shill Bumping"

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 05:58:49 AM

How about Newbies can't post threads except for in Meta and beginners
Newbie jail should come back.

Let me add another board to that mix: Technical Support. Beginners & Help is too much for most people who hang around in the technical sections to deal with, so this would be a better compromise (for those that are just concerned about some problem in bitcoin).
Anything in Marketplace shouldn't matter. If a Newbie wants to sell something, then let them buy a Copper Membership. Wink

magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:03:55 AM
Merited by aTriz (1)

Agreed. Especially if the OP of the thread is known to be operating or participating in paid thread bumping in the past, or is a newbie/junior member that just registered their account for posting the ANN thread.

I reckon something like a disclaimer that we see for newbies who send us PMs would work fine.

The Altcoins sections are flooded with shills from every corner of this universe. They think themselves as MeKnowEverything about crypto and start spreading FUD everywhere. The social media are the breeding grounds of shills - I have tried to warn people many times in several places not to trust the social media because its full of shills a good example of which is the reddit channels.

Anyway back on discussion, there are some ICOs which are using ICO Bumping services to make them look legitimate and create a false sense of popularity among the viewers so as to get more attention. They can be reported to the "Reputation" section for DefaultTrust to check and neg tag these accounts appropriately those which are associated in this "ANN Shill Bumping"

The thing is, newbies sometimes don't even know how the trust system works. That's why I see a lot of people handing over their savings to known scammers.
romani245

Activity: 267
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:39:57 AM
Merited by manchester93 (2)

Not the worst idea in the world, but sure sounds like an eyesore.

How about Newbies can't post threads except for in Meta and beginners?

Sounds like Meta will become an eyesore too. Tongue

Based on the new merit system, maybe newbie restrictions should extend to Jr. Members as well. So, you need a minimum amount of merit to escape newbie jail.

How about Newbies can't post threads except for in Meta and beginners
Newbie jail should come back.

Why was it taken away to begin with?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: