Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:01:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Too much new members... Good or not?  (Read 226 times)
Woterry (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 16

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:12:57 AM

I want to raise this question that keeps bothering me as I learn about crypto currency. Is it a good sign if members are increasing in our world. Or is it bad to have a lot of competition inside our community?

A lot of people here are being rude to newbies, like me, I personally did not experience any kind of rudeness towards the veterans. But as I read threads, I suddenly think that some of the old folks don’t like new people in our community, is it because too much people here will ruin the system? The flow of cryptos?

I became so eager to learn about our community to the point of wanting to study the behavior inside the cryptoworld. Why? To understand and accept the environment and the people working with, to be sensitive of course and to avoid bad posts that can lead to reporting.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lockept93

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 07:03:02 AM

Always good. Hope the whole world will join this revolution.
They all welcome!  Smiley

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:07:29 AM

A lot of people here are being rude to newbies, like me, I personally did not experience any kind of rudeness towards the veterans. But as I read threads, I suddenly think that some of the old folks don’t like new people in our community, is it because too much people here will ruin the system? The flow of cryptos?

It's mainly because of the newbies asking nonsensical and or redundant questions.

"when moon?"
"should i buy now?"
"how to earn bitcoin?"
"what is airdrop?"
"how to make bitcoin heuhehue"

and the latest trend.... "what is merit?"

The list goes on.. and on.. and on..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
breadginger56

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:11:38 AM

Always good. Hope the whole world will join this revolution.
They all welcome!  Smiley
I agree but not all the time, because some new members join here just to think they would earn great profit here while some just want to learn and gain knowledge about the world of cryptocurrency. Well you got a point though that everyone must be welcome and let them spread the word about cryptocurrencies on how it help us.
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:54:05 AM

I want to raise this question that keeps bothering me as I learn about crypto currency. Is it a good sign if members are increasing in our world. Or is it bad to have a lot of competition inside our community?
more members always good for crypto world, more users... more demands... higher price Cheesy
but are those new members actually unique different persons? or just an account farmer registering multiple times

it's because most new members are lazy and keep asking or posting things that don't contribute to the topic discussion
they could use the "search" button to find the answer but they prefer to post the same trivial matter repeatedly
another possible reason is because most new members are actually alts of account farmer,
with sole intention of making money/profits on this forum (sig campaigns and bounties)

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 10:22:46 AM

It's because a lot of new members seem to be here for "free" money gained by polluting the forum, and by promoting scam sites and coins.
This spoils it for the genuine newcomers who want to learn about Bitcoin and related crypto- assets.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:36:41 AM

I don't mind new members for as long as they actually contribute. And I'm sure most do. Newbies get a bad rep because of account farmers, and we should be seeing less of those soon because of merit. Anyone who actually tries to put an effort to integrate into the community shouldn't run into any problems.

That being said, competition? For what? Sure there are limited slots for bounties and whatever, but I'm sure that's the least of everyone's worries regarding a growing community. We all want the crypto community to grow.

totieimbang

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:01:19 PM

I became so eager to learn about our community to the point of wanting to study the behavior inside the cryptoworld. Why? To understand and accept the environment and the people working with, to be sensitive of course and to avoid bad posts that can lead to reporting.
Its better for more members to be competitive to them can collect ideas from different countries   members even though in different culture and beleifs.through this the possibility of good communication from where you are from.
atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:06:20 PM

Its really tough to say.. I've been in this space for years but never joined the forums until now.. so there are people who are new to the forums who just avoided posting content and theres also just noobs who are incredibly annoying all over the place in this space and could really use the education (and tough love) that a forum like this could provide.. I get really annoyed with new investors who invest all in alt coins and buy at all time highs and constantly complain all the time about their failed position, but each one of those people who signs up here, is slightly toxic for a while, but comes out better educated is one more win for everyone.  Sometimes you have to put up with a bit of annoyance for the end game, and I think this will be the case here.
atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:16:30 PM

It's because a lot of new members seem to be here for "free" money gained by polluting the forum, and by promoting scam sites and coins.
This spoils it for the genuine newcomers who want to learn about Bitcoin and related crypto- assets.

I agree but I believe in any situation that someone new can seperate themselves out from the pack.. it may make it more difficult but maybe what is needed is for it to indeed be more difficult. 
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 10:29:11 PM

I agree but I believe in any situation that someone new can seperate themselves out from the pack.. it may make it more difficult but maybe what is needed is for it to indeed be more difficult. 

It would be easier if the mods moved threads onto the correct boards. It's quite hard to wade through a lot of the threads and posts to find good comments.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:54:25 PM

It's mainly because of the newbies asking nonsensical and or redundant questions.

"when moon?"
"should i buy now?"
"how to earn bitcoin?"
"what is airdrop?"

I don't understand the people asking for merit trend.  It doesn't get you free pizza or anything of value.  It's a representation of how much value you have added to the community over time. 

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Woterry (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:14:37 AM

"when moon?"
"should i buy now?"
"how to earn bitcoin?"
"what is airdrop?"

Ohh, and hopefully I asked a fruitful question for everyone to learn from. Thanks for the advise!

tuikindu01

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:26:23 AM

New people are a good thing, and more and more people are joining the digital currency.

This is a worldwide reform.
Woterry (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:33:47 AM

more members always good for crypto world, more users... more demands... higher price Cheesy
but are those new members actually unique different persons? or just an account farmer registering multiple times

it's because most new members are lazy and keep asking or posting things that don't contribute to the topic discussion
they could use the "search" button to find the answer but they prefer to post the same trivial matter repeatedly
another possible reason is because most new members are actually alts of account farmer,
with sole intention of making money/profits on this forum (sig campaigns and bounties)

Ohhh.. so sometimes nonsense posts mostly comming from the account farmers just so they can gain 2 times the profit? But i think that’s impossible to determine, unless the farmers are too obvious. Hopefully we can fugure out something that can prevent those types of people so that we can reduce that thinking of all newbies are farmers. Sad but true..

redghostvn

Activity: 60

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:45:17 AM

Only God if newcomers join the forum for learning, sharing, help each other, not to join for free money.
AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:58:51 AM

I think it is not bad, it means that much more people are involved in crypto, and rise of interest means that there will be more investments.
Woterry (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:12:04 AM

Only God if newcomers join the forum for learning, sharing, help each other, not to join for free money.

I think the reason why they’re joining  this is mainly because they really want to earn a lot of money. Not for free tho, but to work their butts off. I mean, yes we do learn here, I personally learned a lot and of course apply what I’ve learned as time passes by. But I joined the community simply because I can earn here, but nothing’s for free, even here. Just stating the facts. Learning and sharing comes a long the way, but gaining experience of growth is the basis.

Adhar

Activity: 966

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:20:30 AM

new members comes in crypto,it's obviously good for crypto. it's mean that day by day people's are accept crypto. so that it is good for us...

─────     RangersProtocol.com     ─────
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Akany

Activity: 240

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:51:26 AM

Well since we the newbies are too eager to know more about the forum, we become more curious that we sometimes ask silly questions. Lol, Like "Should i buy now", "Where should i start" Lol.

And as it is normal everywhere, especially at school, the senior always see themselves more superior and jenior inferior. But we all know the. Newbies -------- Legendary. (The long shall grow)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: