Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:24:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto in infancy  (Read 2713 times)
Bitcoininspace

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:09:45 PM

All the crypto world needs is an education to create better awareness and investments. What do you think are ways to go about it, apart from various conferences and meets.
I understand that seminars and conferences take up a lot of time and you can stumble upon an event of poor quality but nevertheless I think that such meetings are necessary for cooperation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lovemsngr

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:34:24 PM

On the Internet there are a lot of useful materials on the topic of cryptocurrency, take only this forum. Some private companies also organize webinars
Strongball

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:00:37 PM

Cryptocurrency has transformed quite into a household name today, but despite it's renowned
popularity it still is a big question to some people and they find it hard to grasp and
fully appreciate. It needs awareness and exposure to people to show the potential capabilities
that cryptocurrency can offer. If governments accepts and regulates crypto, education
and other informative and helpful programs like symposiums and seminars will follow.
All it needs is cooperation, support and for the governments part a form of regulation.
It still is the next big thing and it will continue to innovate and prosper.
Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:25:39 PM

All the crypto world needs is an education to create better awareness and investments. What do you think are ways to go about it, apart from various conferences and meets.
Yes cryptocurrencies needs better awareness in invest in some people cryptocurrencies is still new in their mind they lack knowledge and information about it. So the best to do after conferences and meets is to promote crypto on social media which helps people on how cryptos works what benefits it has and how to use it Now that many people is using social media so i think social media is the best choice on promoting crypto.
Omnopon)

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:47:05 PM

Many traders already make money on YouTube making reviews on coins and talk about their investment experience, but I did not see centralized training
MGmahesh

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:02:40 PM

yes it is true that the importance of an association in which not only for the elite but can be a space for education and learning for people who are new to and want to learn about the world of crypto currency apart from various media that they can learn by themselves so they can with a sense of optimism present and join to invest and contribute to each other in the middle of the association with clear direction and guidance, as a result they can be proficient and understand in a relatively short but well-guided.
CryptoCY3366

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:14:38 PM

We aren't even in the infancy stage as far as I'm concerned. Everyone that is already involved will retire within 5 years if you're making the right investments. Not even 1% of global population is involved, i feel blessed to be in the crypto space so early on and the opportunity for massive gains in this market. Grin Grin Grin
The sooner we educate the crypto population on how to be a smart trader the better off we are all. Everyone needs to learn some level of TA preferably an expert level. So many newbs buy high and sell low because they have no clue what they are doing and are responding to FOMO. All this gives the market a bad name because when newbs get rext they complain the market sucks, welcome to the wild west my friends get those spurs jingling and figure this shit out....peace out

https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1760267
DeepOnion - Tor Integrated - 100% Anonymous
===> Join DeepOnion Team NOW! <===
sourish (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:35:08 AM

Some really great suggestions, thank you. Most everyone is aware of a need to educate themselves, and many have come forward with self-study as the best option. Books, tv, youtube also have been suggested. Some have even suggested classes, but still what could be the one method that would help everybody gain an insight into this world, remove the misconceptional fears, and help make better choices, investments and create the right demand for devs. How is the idea of a television channel that only caters to all things crypto, whether upcoming icos, or govt policies, reviews, conferences and classes.
nitin8263
Copper Member

Activity: 1568

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 06:41:27 AM

Yes crypto in infancy because lot of people who don't know about of the crypto and they don't know how to trade online in cryprto so we can say that Crypto in infancy.

tonmoycrypto

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:41:50 AM

A lot of people does not understand how does it work and many people does not know the advantages of cryptocurrency and the technology behind it.Crypto is still very confusing for most and it will take time for that to change, firstly there needs to be a willingness from the general population to begin to learn more about cryptocurrencies.
cryptotaste

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:41:53 AM

unfortunately people are more interested in quick profit and getting rich over night.There needs to be some sorts of educative instructions for people to get attention about this new technology.When this happens, people can aware of it so they can maximize their profit .
Temmy007

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:50:43 AM

There is no way the government will help, cause crypto is a treat to them, you can't force people to learn , most people have heard of crypto , but decided to be ignorant due to the fear that it is a ponzi scheme
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:53:05 AM

you can never educate people by force!
all the information that anybody needs in order to learn and educate themselves about cryptocurrencies is already out there easily accessible and for free. the only thing they have to do is "search for it" and spend some time reading what they found.

but unfortunately people are more interested in quick profit and getting rich over night.

I think that information on bitcoin and cryptocurrency is still lacking. Although there are numerous blogs and articles, you can’t find sources from books or literary and scholarly articles. There should be a general source of information because people don’t know where to start even though they are interested. This leads to misconceptions and having a wrong understanding of crypto and bitcoin. If proper information were disseminated, this would be avoided and more people would become aware.

cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:01:47 AM

Interesting thoughts. IMO too many people buying in with the wrong mindset, and are just hoping to make a quick profit -- but have absolutely no idea what the technology is about.

IMO, at the moment, these easily manipulated and inexperienced day-traders and speculators/gamblers who puts in more than they can afford to lose, while panicking way too easily due to FUD or easily scammed, are one of the major reason behind the current extreme volatility (coupled with the fact that the crypto market is currently still pretty young, and the MCAP is still relatively low than what it potentially could be in a few years time) -- and this is not good for the image of cryptos overall + impeding good cryptos from becoming adopted more widely in real-word use.

Perhaps the higher tax in the US on crypto trading + regulations is a good thing. Slows things down so that the price will match more closely to the actual development and adaptation of coins, rather than due to hype + reduces the amount of pump-and-dump scams by unethical whales trying to take advantage of inexperienced newcomers for their own profit to fill their already full pockets.

I agree with the above and with the OP.
I have learned of people i know who bought bitcoin in November and December 2017 who knew very little of it.
They just thought they were going to hop on the train and it would take them to a better place.
They subsequently sold at a loss from fear of total loss and this has happened to too many people hence we are where we are now.
Its hard to get away from that and its not isolated to crypto but we need to educate ourselves before investing.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:06:11 AM

Cryptocurrency adoption has not started yet. I predict there will come a time in the future when it will be practically not convenient to transact with the current system of fiat and banking. Cryptocurrency will definitely be the better and only option for the world.
befriendmywater

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:10:26 AM

Interesting thoughts. IMO too many people buying in with the wrong mindset, and are just hoping to make a quick profit -- but have absolutely no idea what the technology is about.

IMO, at the moment, these easily manipulated and inexperienced day-traders and speculators/gamblers who puts in more than they can afford to lose, while panicking way too easily due to FUD or easily scammed, are one of the major reason behind the current extreme volatility (coupled with the fact that the crypto market is currently still pretty young, and the MCAP is still relatively low than what it potentially could be in a few years time) -- and this is not good for the image of cryptos overall + impeding good cryptos from becoming adopted more widely in real-word use.

Perhaps the higher tax in the US on crypto trading + regulations is a good thing. Slows things down so that the price will match more closely to the actual development and adaptation of coins, rather than due to hype + reduces the amount of pump-and-dump scams by unethical whales trying to take advantage of inexperienced newcomers for their own profit to fill their already full pockets.

I agree with the above and with the OP.
I have learned of people i know who bought bitcoin in November and December 2017 who knew very little of it.
They just thought they were going to hop on the train and it would take them to a better place.
They subsequently sold at a loss from fear of total loss and this has happened to too many people hence we are where we are now.
Its hard to get away from that and its not isolated to crypto but we need to educate ourselves before investing.
Yes I agree with your opinion. Prior to investing in any altcoins, you will also have to equip yourself with some knowledge of the crypto market if you do not want to lose all your money.
That's what I learned from my friend. He's not just me and he's got me reading a lot about crypto market sources to get to know them well.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:18:17 AM

The resources to learn and awareness is there all over the Internet, and even if you publish it in books or create banners, some who do not just want to understand will not bother. The awareness the media is creating alone even with their FUDs is good enough for curious investors to want to know more, which there are answers to them already, if they can just search on Google. However, at the end of it all, you cannot compel people to learn or believe what they do not want to believe.

The thing is that, for something at the infancy stage, it will take some time for the awareness to spread and it will take some people even longer period, to even get used to. I believe that over time, we will get to see more people getting to understand all they need to understand, but globally, at a good percentage of the population, I am not sure we can even get much. How many people even have access to the Internet today in some less developed countries? Those alone are some limitations.
Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:25:45 AM

Cryptocurrency has transformed quite into a household name today, but despite it's renowned
popularity it still is a big question to some people and they find it hard to grasp and
fully appreciate. It needs awareness and exposure to people to show the potential capabilities
that cryptocurrency can offer. If governments accepts and regulates crypto, education
and other informative and helpful programs like symposiums and seminars will follow.
All it needs is cooperation, support and for the governments part a form of regulation.
It still is the next big thing and it will continue to innovate and prosper.
Good points. I do agree with the op that crypto is currently in its infancy and has a lot of room for growth. Take Bitcoin for example. It grew from a few cents all the way close to $21,000 which is phenomenal, but I still think this is just the beginning for Bitcoin since I believe it has the potential to touch $500,000 or above after couple of years.

Many popular altcoins like Ethereum and Litecoin are also undervalued at the moment and will continue to grow with time which is why I am HODLING these coins currently. Upcoming features like the integration of the lite Lightning network and mainstream adoption of segwit wallets etc will continue to drive the crypto market upwards.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
AiwaDima

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:38:18 AM

In my opinion, very soon there will be different courses that teach you to make portfolios properly and understand and select the ISO in order to successfully invest your money.
yo_mama

Activity: 89
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:47:39 AM

The technology might be in infancy, but the market is certainly not.
Over-invested, every coin is overpriced.
The giant bubble must burst first, before serious technological development can take place.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: