Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:16:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 300 BTC Coding Contest: Distributed Exchange (MasterCoin Developer Thread)  (Read 129135 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zathras

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 10:41:57 PM

Just letting you guys know the masterchest.info update is complete.  Transactions should be displayed within a minute or so of its bitcoind node seeing them on the network now without needing to wait for them to be included in a block.

This update includes support for unconfirmed transactions, they can be identified by their valid marker being blue:

Let me know if you come across any problems Smiley  Thanks!

Smart Property & Distributed Exchange: Master Protocol for Bitcoin
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitoy

Activity: 449

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 12:28:24 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2013, 04:15:30 PM by Bitoy

BMX Wallet
    (Blockchain MasterCoin-eXplorer Wallet)

• Send MasterCoins or Test MSC using your Blockchain.info account (using blockchain send many api, not yet multi-sig. Also converted mastercoin adviser to vb.net so that data address can be created and sent via api.  Library in bitcoin.vb )
  • Show your MasterCoin and Test MSC balance (using Mastercoin-Explorer API)
  • Show your Bitcoin balance (using Blockchain API)
  • Show Transactions (combining Blockchain.info and Mastercoin-Explorer API)
  • Source code  VB.NET

https://github.com/Bitoy88/BMX-2/tree/master

You will need to include json.net in your visual studio project.

(Sorry for the lateness of the submission.  Started only a week ago and finished on oct 14 Smiley

[/list]
zathras

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 01:58:06 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2013, 08:46:21 AM by zathras

As requested, here is a quick attempt at a summary (in no particular order):

• Developed an independant implementation of Tachikoma's multisig and successfully verified compatibility against Tachikoma's implementation
  • Ongoing development and release of masterchest library, a .NET DLL that can be imported into a project and give potential new mastercoin developers the ability to use functions with a single line of code such as transaction searching & parsing, mastercoin decoding and enocding (including multisig)
  • Work with Tachikoma & JR to define current set of transaction processing rules
  • Ongoing development and release of masterchest engine, a blockchain scanning & mastercoin transaction processing engine that looks for mastercoin transactions in the bitcoin blockchain, parses them, writes them to a database and then processes all mastercoin transactions for validity and updates balances accordingly
  • Ongoing development and release of masterchest desktop wallet including a clean UI design, blockchain scanning & mastercoin transaction parsing, multiple address & currency support, multisig sends, transaction history & unconfirmed transaction support, (new) bitcoin send support
  • Developmed and released a new block explorer (masterchest.info) for independent verification of transactions with Tachikoma's mastercoin-explorer.  Ongoing development (new features include unconfirmed transactions & faster processing)
  • Helped define perception of total coin supply and define final totals verifying that three seperate implementations (masterchest.info, mastercoin-explorer.com, grazcoins mastercoin-tools) agreed on the final figure of 619478.59338440 MSC
  • Testing of grazcoins CSV output of all exodus generate transactions against masterchest
  • Various rounds of test transactions
  • Testing of Tachikoma's various contributions
  • Contributed to various technical discussions
  • Testing rounds on VMs locating & resolving Masterchest wallet bugs
  • All contributions are open source for anyone to use as they like

Thanks Smiley

EDIT: minor updates

grazcoin

Activity: 284

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 12:24:18 PM

I looked through it and it appears to have been a bug in my own code. So thanks for the bug report Wink

Your transaction should show up now.

I would really urge you to don't implement address encoding at this moment though and continue straight to multisig. We should try not to create unspendable outputs.

It seems that we were not bug-complient ;-)
I just verified that this transaction appears also on masterchain.info, and it does:
http://masterchain.info/Transaction.html?tx=f35f69cf20238274ffa93748637f8c9fa6316683db41cadefab531e65c287313

grazcoin

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 12:55:28 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2013, 09:56:02 AM by grazcoin

grazcoin's work summary, sent via PM:

Hey guys, please update the contest thread when you get a chance:

The board is asking for a summary of progress so far on this contest, but I know if I try to summarize everybody's work, I'll leave important stuff out.

Thanks!

I try to collect the tasks I did in arbitrary order:

cheers,
Grazcoin

An update of the contribution list:
  • HTML5 developer Grimentz has joined the force on the UI front.
  • masterchain.info - web UI for mastercoin-tools. Tablet and mobile devices friendly.
  • UI has multiple currencies support (currently different views for Mastercoin and Test Mastercoin), and support for price trends of assets.
  • Stand-alone Send transaction tool - no need for a bitcoin client. It also supports offline wallets.
  • Download option for local/offline usage with browser of the parsed data
  • API option
  • enable easy download of local/offline copy for browser use of the parsed data. Direct sync of local data using bitcoin network is supported.
  • introduce distributed architecture - sync locally using any obelisk server.
  • Mastercoin improvement propolal #1 MIP1

EDIT: (15.10.2013)

StarenseN
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 03:00:41 PM

Amazing !
dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 04:48:15 PM

The coding contest ends tomorrow, and we're in fantastic shape! BMX is a bit of a last-minute entry (and the rules in the OP are biased against last-minute entries), but I'm excited to see where it goes. Tomorrow I will officially request that each of you post your FINAL list of accomplishments, if you haven't already. I will also ask each of you to evaluate the other contestants (in a private PM to me), according to the official rules. Your opinions matter a lot to me!

You'll also need to let me know what percentage of your prize you want to be MasterCoins vs bitcoins, and what address to send the money to.

Once I've got that info, I'll make a recommendation to the board for payouts, and once I have their approval, we'll send the money!

Please don't delay in getting back to me with the info above, as that will delay payment, and annoy your fellow competitors Smiley

-J.R.

dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2013, 04:43:39 PM

Sent to tachikoma, grazcoin, zathras, and bitoy just now:

Hey guys,

I need each of you to do the following:
  • Update your final list of accomplishments on the contest thread, if you haven't already
  • Refresh your memory by reading each others' accomplishments, and the official contest rules: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=292628.0
  • Send me your address for payment, and let me know what % you want in MasterCoins (I'll purchase them on the open market)
  • Tell me how you would distribute the money if you weren't participating. I need a % for each of the other three contestants

I know you guys will be uncomfortable giving each other numerical ratings. I am too! But it has to be done, so I'm spreading the pain around. I promise to keep your evaluations private (just don't reply-all!)

Based on the current coinbase price ($139) it looks like the contest will pay out 180 BTC. I may change that number if the price changes drastically before the end of the day.

It is likely you will each feel some disappointment when you see the final numbers, given how hard you have each worked. I hope you all own MasterCoins and will be participating in future contests, so that this is just the start of your compensation.

By the way, if someone forks your code in a future contest, you'll get some money at the end, even if you do nothing Smiley

This project is truly world-changing, and it is an incredible privilege for me to be a part of it alongside you. I believe that the benefits we'll get in the long run from owning MasterCoin will make this contest payout seem pretty trivial in comparison Smiley

Thanks!

-J.R.

HammerFist

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 05:00:12 PM

I just want to be the first to congratulate those who participated in this cool contest.  The result produced seems to be insane value for all involved in the project.  A fantastic job has clearly been done by at least tachikoma, grazcoin, zathras, - probably others.  Way to go guys.  I wish you each would get $25,000. Awesome. 

I hope you will all stay excited to continue with your great work.  Let us know how we can help. 

Also, congratulations to JR who ran a very cool open contest. Not easy to manage, JR seems to have a real touch for this sort of thing.  To everyone involved - THREE CHEERS!!!!!  Let's keep up the great work.
grazcoin

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 05:04:53 PM

Sent to tachikoma, grazcoin, zathras, and bitoy just now:

Hey guys,

I need each of you to do the following:

Note: Grazcoin joined forces with Grimentz which is responsible for UI of http://masterchain.info, so voting for Grazcoin includes the part of Grimentz.

Tachikoma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2013, 05:39:15 PM

Code contributions

Mastercoin-ruby: A ruby library to parse MasterCoin data. Source
  • Decoda a Mastercoin data-address
  • Decode a Mastercoin data-public key
  • Encode data to an address
  • Encode data to a public key
  • Advise how to create a 'old school' transaction using sendmany
  • Get the amount of coins bought via Exodus for a given Bitcoin address
  • Get the amount of coins bought via Exodus for a given Bitcoin transaction-id
  • Decode a Mastercoin transaction based on given Bitcoin transaction-id
  • Create and relay a Mastercoin multisig transaction through Bitcoind

Mastercoin-explorer.com: A Ruby on Rails application to index all Mastercoin transactions and show other data. Source.
  • Index all Mastercoin related transactions both Exodus payments and simple send transactions.
  • Offer a public JSON API so others can easily parse this data without having to index everything themselves. Documentation here.
  • Multi-currency support currently has real and test Mastercoins

Mastercoin-wallet: A (QT-based) Mastercoin thin-client implementation. Source
  • Uses the forementioned Mastercoin-explorer API to communicatie balance data.
  • Only requires a private key with an existing Mastercoin balance to use.
  • Saves keys encoded in config files.
  • Does not require local Bitcoind/QT.
  • Uses multisig approach.

Other contributions

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
zathras

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 10:59:55 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2013, 11:28:26 PM by zathras

A final overview of my contributions to the contest as requested.

With thanks to:
* Bouncy Castle for their crypto library (SHA & bignum)
* James Newton-King for the JSON.NET library (serialize/deserialize JSON)
* Tachikoma for the multisig specification

CODE CONTRIBUTIONS:

Masterchest Library - a .NET DLL that gives potential new mastercoin developers the ability to use functions with a single line of code

Download: source/binaries

* Class structures to hold the various RPC responses
 * Decode mastercoin transactions (generate (exodus purchase), simple send and multisig)
 * Encode mastercoin transactions (multisig only, simple send not offered to minimize blockchain bloat) creating the raw transaction hex from scratch
 * Get a list of addresses in wallet from bitcoind/qt (using both listbyreceivedaddress and listunspent to get all addresses including change)
 * Retrieve a blockhash from bitcoind/qt
 * Retrieve a block from bitcoind/qt
 * Retrieve the block currently being mined from bitcoind/qt
 * Retrieve transactions from bitcoind/qt
 * Evaluate a bitcoin transaction and return whether it contains a mastercoin transaction

Masterchest Engine - a blockchain scanning & mastercoin transaction processing engine

Screenshot:

* Scans the bitcoin blockchain and retrieves the transactions in each block
 * Checks each bitcoin transaction to see if it contains a mastercoin transaction
 * Parses any mastercoin transactions found and decodes them
 * Writes decoded transactions to a database
 * Processing engine runs through transactions in database checking validity and updating balances etc

Masterchest.info - a block explorer for displaying mastercoin transactions and address balances/history

Screenshot:

* Independent verification of transactions for the community
 * Lookup address balances and their transaction history
 * Lookup transactions and their validity
 * Display recent mastercoin transactions
 * Unconfirmed transaction support and fast scanning (60-120 secs for a mastercoin transaction to appear)

Masterchest Wallet - a desktop wallet for mastercoin

Screenshot:

* Clean fresh UI design (attempt to distinguish ourselves from the myriad of bitcoin clones all using the same QT wallet design)
 * Interfaces with bitcoind/qt via RPC
 * Blockchain scanning & mastercoin transaction detection
 * Decoding detected transactions and processing wallet and address balances
 * Multiple address support (automatically picks up all addresses from bitcoind/qt and allows them to be used as source or destination for sends)
 * Multiple currency support (mastercoin, test mastercoin, bitcoin)
 * Send transactions for all supported currencies (multisig for mastercoin, sendtoaddress for bitcoin (though this will move to createraw in future releases))
 * Transaction history
 * Unconfirmed transaction support (both mastercoin and bitcoin)

OTHER CONTRIBUTIONS:
 * Developed an independant implementation of Tachikoma's multisig and successfully verified compatibility against Tachikoma's implementation
 * Work with Tachikoma & JR to define current set of transaction processing rules
 * Helped define perception of total coin supply and define final totals verifying that three seperate implementations (masterchest.info, mastercoin-explorer.com, grazcoins mastercoin-tools) agreed on the final figure of 619478.59338440 MSC
 * Testing of grazcoins CSV output of all exodus generate transactions against masterchest
 * Various rounds of test transactions
 * Testing of Tachikoma's various contributions
 * Contributed to various technical discussions
 * Testing rounds on VMs locating & resolving Masterchest wallet bugs

All contributions are open source for anyone to use as they like Smiley

Congratulations and well done to all the other contestants!

Thanks Smiley

dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 12:11:22 AM

I now have the requested info from the three main participants, which I plugged into my spreadsheet which already had my own opinion. After my magic math, the following numbers came out:

Tachikoma: 48%
Grazcoin: 26%
Zathras: 24%
Bitoy: 2%

Zathras included maraoz in his payouts distribution suggestion (maraoz withdrew from the contest), but that didn't actually affect the outcome because I was actually looking at the ratios between contestants rather than the total percentages (i.e. person X thinks person Y deserves twice as much as person Z . . . and that's all I'll say about the magic formulas!).

My heartfelt thanks to each of you. Payment will be sent once I give the board the opportunity to exercise their veto power.

grazcoin

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 06:50:48 AM

I now have the requested info from the three main participants, which I plugged into my spreadsheet which already had my own opinion. After my magic math, the following numbers came out:

Tachikoma: 48%
Grazcoin: 26%
Zathras: 24%
Bitoy: 2%

Zathras included maraoz in his payouts distribution suggestion (maraoz withdrew from the contest), but that didn't actually affect the outcome because I was actually looking at the ratios between contestants rather than the total percentages (i.e. person X thinks person Y deserves twice as much as person Z . . . and that's all I'll say about the magic formulas!).

My heartfelt thanks to each of you. Payment will be sent once I give the board the opportunity to exercise their veto power.

congratz to all Smiley
Thank you dacoinminster!

Tachikoma

Activity: 938

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 07:23:15 AM

Congrats guys. I think we should be very proud of what we accomplished together in such a short timeframe! Smiley

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
zathras

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:46:58 AM

Well done guys, been a busy month so time to relax for a couple days!

klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 11:20:16 AM

Congrats guys, you are amazing!
dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 04:07:04 PM

Time to buy some MSC:

Our first coding contest is complete, and two of our winners want some MasterCoins in the mix. (The other two said they want to buy MasterCoins on their own terms).

Consequently, I have 20.88 BTC to spend on MasterCoins, at the best price(s) I can get. (This is essentially a "market order")

Looking at the spreadsheet, it appears that I need to talk to: thehun, MidwestMiner, StarenseN, Wink, and lishbtc in order to put together an order this big. If anybody can beat their prices (which are listed up to 0.03 BTC/MSC), please PM me ASAP.

I'm happy to use MaxMint if desired. I'll be sending the MasterCoins to the Exodus Address first, then splitting them up from there to the two contestants (I want to make sure they both get the same price)

Thanks!

-J.R.

Smiley

dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 11:36:48 PM

Public disclosure of the next planned expenditures:

• 0.72 BTC to Ron at 1NFwgQHwdUmPucbGvzYM9Q8rTmAU4sX4y9 for purchasing our ad-free wordpress blog (http://blog.mastercoin.org)
  • 69.12 BTC to Tachikoma at 1DVnvVJN9bgs4Si4xZ16aZRzC8ovgtWESH for the BTC part of his contest winnings (80% of 48% of 180 BTC)
  • 46.8 BTC to grazcoin at 3Mint2B5ECNdXDZJneJ1XtKmrkmnMbwBbN for his contest winnings (100% of 26% of 180 BTC)
  • 43.2 BTC to zathras at 1MCHESTbJhJK27Ygqj4qKkx4Z4ZxhnP826 for his contest winnings (100% of 24% of 180 BTC)
  • 0 BTC to bitoy. Like a real man, he only wants MasterCoins for his contest winnings Smiley

The MasterCoin part of the contest winnings will come later, once I settle on the final list of MSC sellers on the buy/sell thread. I'm purchasing 3.6 BTC worth of MSC for bitoy, and 17.28 BTC worth of MSC for Tachikoma, for a total of 20.88 - a purchase which looks to be moving the price a noticeable amount. Smiley

Since there is quite a bit of money at stake, please double, triple, quadruple check the addresses above. I'll probably do this transaction tomorrow. I don't like to delay, but making a mistake with one of these addresses would be very bad!

zathras

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 12:52:54 AM

Since there is quite a bit of money at stake, please double, triple, quadruple check the addresses above. I'll probably do this transaction tomorrow. I don't like to delay, but making a mistake with one of these addresses would be very bad!
Address confirmed, thanks JR!

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: