Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:07:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 300 BTC Coding Contest: Distributed Exchange (MasterCoin Developer Thread)  (Read 129144 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zbx

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:46:20 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2013, 06:31:23 AM by zbx

hmm weird. It's in the bounty topic.

His comment becomes visible to me when I click on the bounty topic.

Edit: Sorry, I was confused... I meant on Trello, which, I think, was updated after the Bitcointalk bounty topic.
zathras

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 10:34:57 AM

To make coding shorter, I did peak and decode to get the data address then get the largest sequence as the receipient address.

Quick note, recipient address sequence number is not necessarily the largest - eg change output may be or if the data sequence number is 255 then the recipient will be smallest sequence (0) Smiley

Smart Property & Distributed Exchange: Master Protocol for Bitcoin
Bitoy

Activity: 449

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 12:21:46 PM

To make coding shorter, I did peak and decode to get the data address then get the largest sequence as the receipient address.

Quick note, recipient address sequence number is not necessarily the largest - eg change output may be or if the data sequence number is 255 then the recipient will be smallest sequence (0) Smiley

Thanks Zarthas

If there are 3 address and the data sequence is 255 receipt must be sequence zero. I forgot about that Smiley
dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 09:02:37 PM

Sending dev MSC to you guys is a bit controversial at the previously quoted number. The board is currently discussing this, since at current prices the 1500 MSC we discussed sending earlier would be worth ~$100k, which is stupidly out of proportion with the amount of work involved with recognizing dev MSC.

I really need to get out of the habit of quoting prices in MSC. I'm guessing the actual send will be closer to the value it had when I first mentioned this. Something like $10k worth of MSC, if I recall correctly. This is currently under discussion.

I hope you guys weren't spending money in anticipation of a windfall!

This change is my fault (for quoting prices in MSC), and I apologize.

Tachikoma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 09:05:05 PM

hahah no problem. No reason to supply us with 100k for something that should take a day at most Wink

I know you are busy but could you make a decision on https://github.com/mastercoin-MSC/spec/pull/1 ? It doesn't matter either way but a decision needs to be made so we can move on. I'm kinda waiting on the outcome at the moment Smiley

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 09:40:14 PM

hahah no problem. No reason to supply us with 100k for something that should take a day at most Wink

I know you are busy but could you make a decision on https://github.com/mastercoin-MSC/spec/pull/1 ? It doesn't matter either way but a decision needs to be made so we can move on. I'm kinda waiting on the outcome at the moment Smiley

Actually, we're taking this very seriously, because we don't want to be seen as going back on what we said. We may actually still do it at that higher price, which would be a HUGE payday for you guys, and would make us all very happy. Sorry for the uncertainty. This is still being hashed out and not everybody on the board has weighed in yet.

Regarding the pull request, sorry - I need to figure out how to turn on email notifications for github discussions. I'm sure it's trivial.

I've read through the discussion, and I'm going to merge this pull request once I figure out how to deal with the conflicts.

Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 09:48:58 PM

I can rebase it back on your new spec if that helps?

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 10:01:20 PM

I voted for spoiling you guys a bit Smiley

Again, thank you devs for all that you're doing. I hold you guys in the highest esteem because it wasn't so much the  monetary gain but the love of your work and craft and what that might mean for this world that inspired you.
Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 10:06:06 PM

I voted for spoiling you guys a bit Smiley

Again, thank you devs for all that you're doing. I hold you guys in the highest esteem because it wasn't so much the  monetary gain but the love of your work and craft and what that might mean for this world that inspired you.

Thanks, much appreciated. I have spend almost every free hour I have over the past weeks on Mastercoin because I believe in the protocol, what it can do, what it stands for and I can't wait to start using all the awesome features we are coding up Smiley

vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 10:20:49 PM

Sending dev MSC to you guys is a bit controversial at the previously quoted number. The board is currently discussing this, since at current prices the 1500 MSC we discussed sending earlier would be worth ~$100k, which is stupidly out of proportion with the amount of work involved with recognizing dev MSC.

I really need to get out of the habit of quoting prices in MSC. I'm guessing the actual send will be closer to the value it had when I first mentioned this. Something like $10k worth of MSC, if I recall correctly. This is currently under discussion.

I hope you guys weren't spending money in anticipation of a windfall!

This change is my fault (for quoting prices in MSC), and I apologize.

Actually, we're taking this very seriously, because we don't want to be seen as going back on what we said. We may actually still do it at that higher price, which would be a HUGE payday for you guys, and would make us all very happy. Sorry for the uncertainty. This is still being hashed out and not everybody on the board has weighed in yet.

Regarding the pull request, sorry - I need to figure out how to turn on email notifications for github discussions. I'm sure it's trivial.

I've read through the discussion, and I'm going to merge this pull request once I figure out how to deal with the conflicts.

Consider very carefully how you choose to quote payouts in the future. This reflects badly in many ways.

I agree, this was a tiny deliberation that JR wanted to let the board and the community know of so that we could form a supported opinion before making a move (transparency!), but we realize that even that deliberation would reflect poorly. It was decided that we follow through with our word, of course, within a few messages' exchange.

I suggested to the board we do hybrid payouts so that we could hedge against future volatility like what we're experiencing and so that situations like this don't occur again.
Something like "accomplish this and get 10BTC + $10000 (in BTC or MSC at time of completion)"
dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 10:22:39 PM

We're going ahead with the 1500 MSC.

You guys are a huge part of the reason those coins are worth what they are.

It will still take me awhile to set this up. I'm very sorry about that, but 1500 MSC it will be. (split 4 ways, so 375 MSC for each of the four webmasters)

Bitoy

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:25:48 AM

It will still take me awhile to set this up. I'm very sorry about that, but 1500 MSC it will be. (split 4 ways, so 375 MSC for each of the four webmasters)

thank you JR for the generous bonus ! Smiley
Bitoy

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:36:27 AM

Beside blockexplorer and blockchain are there  other json api that show bitcoin transactions?

Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 09:04:31 AM

I will state it again. I personally have no problem if you reduce the amount to a more normal number. I won't hold it against you or the board. Don't do it because you blurted it out excited in a forum post and now want to hold true to your word. However noble it is, if you don't really stand behind it feel free to change it.

Beside blockexplorer and blockchain are there  other json api that show bitcoin transactions?

Check out this API based on bitcoin-ruby: http://webbtc.com/api Smiley

grazcoin

Activity: 284

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:21:49 AM

Just an update on progress:

You can look at http://dev.masterchain.info/index.html?currency=TMSC and see the new icons we have.
Parsing of the sell/accept is not fully done, but you can go to page 2,3,4 in test mastercoins, and see parsing of such tx.
There are some implementation complications, but they have nothing to do with https://github.com/mastercoin-MSC/spec/pull/1
I will finish implementing the fully flexible option #2 and maybe I could convince that this is the right way.
Anyway, it will be almost trivial to change to option #1 if you keep your mind.
I will have time to continue only next week.

Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 04:04:08 PM

Just FYI this is how I am handling requested versus accepted amount for Purchase Offers. My wallet will only show accepted_amount and hide amount, accepted amount is always the amount you are getting when you buy. All validation code is now finished for these offers except for the reserved discussion on the pull request. Once a decision has been made I will update my wallet and enable distributed exchange features.

dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 04:44:07 PM

I will state it again. I personally have no problem if you reduce the amount to a more normal number. I won't hold it against you or the board. Don't do it because you blurted it out excited in a forum post and now want to hold true to your word. However noble it is, if you don't really stand behind it feel free to change it.

Beside blockexplorer and blockchain are there  other json api that show bitcoin transactions?

I know you meant what you said. It's not just because I blurted something out.

When I took this to the board, they saw it as an opportunity to give you guys a bigger stake in the success of MSC. It's not just payment for a feature, it's also a big grant of stake in the Mastercoin project. You of course are welcome to do whatever you want with the MSC we send you, but we hope you will hold onto them and get filthy stinking rich Smiley

(And if you DO get rich, I feel you'll have a responsibility to use that money to help people, because a lot of people could get hurt from the rise of distributed currencies. Those of us who profit from it have a moral obligation to help those who are harmed by it. See the "dystopian" link in my sig for my thoughts on the matter)

TKeenan

Activity: 874

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:10:11 PM

It is an insane bonus - too much.  But it helps us - even more than it helps them.  Juicing the coders with an extra 100K now will give them very good reason to work hard over the next 12 months.  

My vote is double the 1500MSC and find more excellent programmers to give it to.  We all win.

And good job for JR to maintain the very high level of transparency.  This keeps all parties happy.
grishnakh

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:21:07 PM

The foundation gives 100k to the coders, and they still don't work full time on this? Well, I hope this will incentivize the coders in the future (if MSC continues its climb) to focus 100% on this project.
Bitoy

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:33:29 PM

Thanks Tachikoma, i will look at it.

I'll be rewriting the codes to speed up parsing. Looking forward to see more transactions with the release of the wallets Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: