Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 06:34:50 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quote or reply?  (Read 180 times)
spiritbreaker18 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:49:15 AM

Hello everyone, newbie here.
Some of my friends says that make a quote is better than to make a reply, Is that true?
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 2464

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 10:18:03 AM

If you can't think of an original and constructive reply, then you shouldn't post.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Alexander_Z

Activity: 114
Merit: 26

Z

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:21:09 AM
Merited by mk4 (1)

I think it depends. When writing a general answer to the original post (like I do now), quoting is probably unnecessary. When answering a part of the question or writing a reply to some of the later comments, it may be absolutely necessary to quote to avoid misunderstanding.
bob3772

Activity: 415
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:28:55 AM

I think it depends. When writing a general answer to the original post (like I do now), quoting is probably unnecessary. When answering a part of the question or writing a reply to some of the later comments, it may be absolutely necessary to quote to avoid misunderstanding.

My general rule is that if I'm replying to the overall OP then I will just reply. If I am replying to some other post or some specific part then I will quote that post or part of that post.

Alexander_Z

Activity: 114
Merit: 26

Z

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:44:14 AM

My general rule is that if I'm replying to the overall OP then I will just reply. If I am replying to some other post or some specific part then I will quote that post or part of that post.

That's right, I tend to do the same. There were a couple of long OP where I quoted to highlight a specific point I was answering, otherwise a simple reply will do.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: