Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:23:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else not able to withdraw BTC from MTGOX?  (Read 3824 times)
No_2 (OP)

Activity: 901
Merit: 1033

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 06:49:32 AM

I sent 3.41303654 BTC to address 1K17GPhzyA3MjC5wH9jEiQQz2bjdcchARL but it has not shown up 8 hours later.

See here:

https://blockchain.info/address/1K17GPhzyA3MjC5wH9jEiQQz2bjdcchARL

Wondering if MTGOX are upgrading their servers; but this is still no excuse for missing transactions imo.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:04:32 AM

Did you pay a transaction fee?

more or less retired.
No_2 (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:35:42 AM

Did you pay a transaction fee?

Yes; but even without a miner's fee the unconfirmed transaction should be propergated on the network.

Evidance would suggest MTGOX have not sent it.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:07:26 AM

You spoken with support?

Let me guess, they will or have responded with "a bug in our system is stopping us from getting you your BTC".

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:43:42 PM

email support, they will help you out. I've had problems occasionally (with much larger amounts of BTC) and they sorted it out. They aren't trying to steal 3 BTC.

more or less retired.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 02:47:59 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2013, 07:53:36 PM by seriouscoin

I have the same problem with a larger amount.

Emailed support and got the same "there has been a delay". Why is there a delay for just fcking send the btc? MtGOX is a bucket shop now?

thy

Activity: 685

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 03:23:44 PM

Emailed support and got the same "there has been a delay". Why is there a delay for just fcking send the btc? MtGOX is now a bucket shop now?

Most likely MtGox don't have enoth btc either now when large amount of people try to withdraw btc from them.

It's about time MtGox puts all cards on the table and tells people exactly how bad the situation is after usgov stealing there usd's at dwolla and when MtGox expects to have full coverage for all btc and fiat at there site.

No_2 (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:08:15 PM

email support, they will help you out. I've had problems occasionally (with much larger amounts of BTC) and they sorted it out. They aren't trying to steal 3 BTC.

I agree; I don't think they are trying to steal 3BTC. I think its incompetence rather than anything malicious.

I believe they are migrating their servers, so it may be due to that. If so a competent company should put measures in place to prevent this sort of thing occurring during a migration or upgrade.

I have emailed their help with no response for 14 hours now.

A successful company will scale itself appropriately to meet the growing demands of its users and business activities. However I get the feeling that MTGOX are trying to carry on as they did 3 years ago with the same set-up and this is clearly not working. I was initially very impressed with MTGOX but that has started to fade over the months: customers are in the dark about what's happening and I feel like this tiny organisation with small scale infrastructure is being crushed under the weight of the current user-base and carrying on with everyone there reassuring themselves it will all be fine.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 08:05:13 PM

Emailed support and got the same "there has been a delay". Why is there a delay for just fcking send the btc? MtGOX is a bucket shop now?

That's why I stay away from MT.GOX at all times.  I prefer BTC-e, or something like that, even if it is a trollbox Smiley
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 08:43:23 PM

That's why I stay away from MT.GOX at all times.  I prefer BTC-e, or something like that, even if it is a trollbox Smiley

Thats the whole point of us withdrawing BTC  Undecided
No_2 (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 02:21:00 PM

I have emailed their help with no response for 14 hours now.

Coming up for 24 hours now and still nothing back from MTGOX's support...

Edit: just got this from them:

...Thank you for the email. Few BTC withdrawals are delayed because of the multiple transactions requested at the same time and the transaction should eventually go through. We will update you once it is complete...

Not sure what that means though.
No_2 (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 02:58:25 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2013, 11:29:12 PM by No_2

Ok; my transaction has appeared two days later, now with three confirmations.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 08:57:20 AM

Usually the delay is a result of mtgox needing to refill their hot wallet from cold storage, likely because so many people are withdrawing BTC right now, they're having to dust off some coins that have been in cold storage for some time. 

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
No_2 (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 11:28:14 PM

Usually the delay is a result of mtgox needing to refill their hot wallet from cold storage, likely because so many people are withdrawing BTC right now, they're having to dust off some coins that have been in cold storage for some time.  

Again; I am withdrawing and nothing is being broadcast that can be seen by cryptsy or blockchain.info for nearly half an hour now.

I hope it is just an issue of cold storage retrieval.

Either way this is pretty bad.

https://blockchain.info/address/18qBHR26QbHyyW9PRSHFNEcZtXGyXQxCCD
No_2 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 08:57:31 AM

Eight hours later and MTGOX still has not broadcast my transfer of BTC.

From MTGOX technical support:

When withdrawing or depositing bitcoins into your Mt.Gox account there may occasionally be a delay (1~24 hours) depending on network congestion, your internet connection speed and the time required to get 6 confirmations on the network

Depending on how many piers each node is connected to transaction broadcasts are almost instant (a few milliseconds) and I would definitely expect instant broadcasts from an entity the size of MTGOX with its own mining farm.

This is starting to move into the realm of deliberately giving misguiding information to customers and that worries me greatly.
KarmaShark

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 12:02:47 PM

Eight hours later and MTGOX still has not broadcast my transfer of BTC.

From MTGOX technical support:

When withdrawing or depositing bitcoins into your Mt.Gox account there may occasionally be a delay (1~24 hours) depending on network congestion, your internet connection speed and the time required to get 6 confirmations on the network

Depending on how many piers each node is connected to transaction broadcasts are almost instant (a few milliseconds) and I would definitely expect instant broadcasts from an entity the size of MTGOX with its own mining farm.

This is starting to move into the realm of deliberately giving misguiding information to customers and that worries me greatly.

It is possible that the litany of delayed BTC withdrawal issues coming out of Mt Gox over the last few months has to do with their fractional reserve system they are running. This is speculation, however each time a customer attempts to withdraw BTC from their operation they must either pull from their cold wallet if they have some in reserve, or they must wait until a Sell goes down large enough to prune from their account.

The problem compounds when that trader asks for their BTC soon after, and they now also encounter fictitious BTC withdrawal delays. I predict that as the issues with Mt Gox get worse due to their refusal to address the issue with us, more and more delays on BTC withdrawals will surface until everyone left at MT Gox is aware there are only so many Bitcoins left on Gox to satisfy a small % of overall deposits.

I hope to the Good Lord this isn't true. It is the most logical explanation at this point given their history, current refusal to address issues and mounting BTC withdrawal delays.
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 01:22:02 PM

i put it down to the Americans sticking there god damn grubby hands where they dont belong.... as a result any American should have to pay a price to use there service.... your not the only country struggling its just you think everyone else should help you clear you debts... nobody cares if America goes into debt we all just need to avoid them like we do with north Korea wait long enough im sure theyll blow themselves up...

im not racist i just really dont like ANYTHING about America..... nope nothing

CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 05:50:32 PM

i put it down to the Americans sticking there god damn grubby hands where they dont belong.... as a result any American should have to pay a price to use there service.... your not the only country struggling its just you think everyone else should help you clear you debts... nobody cares if America goes into debt we all just need to avoid them like we do with north Korea wait long enough im sure theyll blow themselves up...

You don't sound like a racist, just not very intelligent.  The largest indebted first-world nation in the world is an Asian nation (Japan).  Europe has far more systemic issues that the US.  Europe is full with countries that are serial defaulters, the US has never defaulted on their obligations.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 07:32:43 PM

You don't sound like a racist, just not very intelligent.  The largest indebted first-world nation in the world is an Asian nation (Japan).  Europe has far more systemic issues that the US.  Europe is full with countries that are serial defaulters, the US has never defaulted on their obligations.

Hey, hey, hey, no truth talking 'round here. We don't want 'nun your facts.

more or less retired.
No_2 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 12:53:27 AM

Been over 24 hours and still no broadcast from MTGOX to the network for my transfer despite two emails to support...

Getting worried now.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: