Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:46:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merits from your friends?  (Read 869 times)
coolws

Activity: 126
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:59:24 AM

From my opinion, the answer is not totally illegal. sMerit system is one way to avoid spams and post quality thread here. Even if someone get sMerits from quality posts much than excepted. It's still better to say this action may be more meaningful than useless posts. As a Jr Member for me, I know sMerits are hard to get especally hard to get sMerits from local section in the forum, but I would not beg for sMerits or ask friends for sMerits. The more I post quality threads, The more knowledge about blockchain, crypto currency I have. So do not complain it any more, you can look my account, I have only 8 sMerits, I'm a Jr and lower rank than you. I'm still struggling for sMerits. And I'm pretty sure most of people in the forum are the the same as me. Smiley

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 03:06:12 AM

Trading merits to your friends is not against the rule.

TRADING merits (you give me one, I'll give you one) is frowned upon and will result in negative trust if detected. 

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Saveplus

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:44:37 AM

Merit from your friend is not illegal when you made a constructive and a good quality of post.As long you will not here in bitcointalk just to earn and not posting a shitposting and spam there is no problem with that.
pham42760

Activity: 100
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:26:18 AM

Merit from your friend is not illegal when you made a constructive and a good quality of post.As long you will not here in bitcointalk just to earn and not posting a shitposting and spam there is no problem with that.
Exactly. Giving merits away for high quality posts, don't care that those from your friends or not. Only sending your sMerits to high quality posts (those account, in turn, will receive both merits and sMerita). You won't lose your merits, just lose sMerits.
LemonF3

Activity: 176
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:04:26 AM

is this legal share merits with your friends? and some one is begging for it? or else give merits and trade for something?
That is not totally illegal, you are the one controlling smerit available into your account but remember the main purpose of the merit system is to recognized the member who did more constructive/quality post.
Hoping that smerit will not be abuse by many account farmers and if they do that much better to tagged them and make them in trouble.
Merit point should be given to those deserving member and not only given because they are friends i am against in that, we need to be fair all the time.
Merit is given to those who are worthy for it. Merits from friends is okay if that friend is true to himself that there is no something in return. The true essence of giving is not expecting something in return. Merit is for quality posts. So maybe everyone must bear it in mind.
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:15:04 AM

is this legal share merits with your friends? and some one is begging for it? or else give merits and trade for something?
That is not totally illegal, you are the one controlling smerit available into your account but remember the main purpose of the merit system is to recognized the member who did more constructive/quality post.

this is the only point that matters.

Merit is to promote constructive and helpful posts and topics, end of story.
If your friend posts something of value go ahead and sent him/her merit.

In the long term we want this forum to survive and not fall into the realm of poor quality posts and nothing of value to anyone.
If this forum doesnt last what would the alternative be because AFAIK there isnt any other forum that comes close.

its up to everyone to promote good quality content and the merit system will grow alongside,
we are still in the very early stages of the new system.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Siopao

Activity: 182
Merit: 120

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:42:47 PM
Merited by rhamzter (1)

Giving merit is up to the user and it's not illegal to give it to your friends. However, merit should be given to posters who give quality and constructive post to the community. It should not be abused and given to friends with only the intention of 'being friends'.
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:39:36 AM

Giving merit is up to the user and it's not illegal to give it to your friends. However, merit should be given to posters who give quality and constructive post to the community. It should not be abused and given to friends with only the intention of 'being friends'.
Make sure the post of your friend is constructive and dont give merit because it is your friend both of you will be tagged.
Also there are many users saying they have many friends in this forum but in real life it is their "alt account".
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: