Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:36:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The US to pay taxes with bitcoin  (Read 208 times)
Maestro75 (OP)

Activity: 1946
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 05:22:59 PM

How true could this news be that the Arizona Senate in the United States of America has passed a bill which could allow residents in the state pay their taxes in bitcoin and other altcoins?

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/917015/bitcoin-tax-cryptocurrency-tax-bitcoin-price-cryptocurrencies-news/amp

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Drunkenhorse

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 05:25:33 PM

Not sure it is true, they should write new regalutions about bitcoin and cryptocurrencies as such and only then allow pay taxes with crypto.
Eros1on

Activity: 258

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:33:01 PM

If you pay taxes on bitcoin, it should be a good thing for bitcoin, which has already recognized bitcoin status, which is good for the long-term development of bitcoin.

airdagon

Activity: 546
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:08:56 PM

do not count your chickens until they hatch! if this is true then what are the advantages to the users after taxed?
I think this is only a discourse, but it is possible only to plan to regulate bitcoin but it is difficult enough to regulate bitcoin if its tax system is not clear because it can only benefit certain parties only.
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:47:34 PM

How true could this news be that the Arizona Senate in the United States of America has passed a bill which could allow residents in the state pay their taxes in bitcoin and other altcoins?

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/917015/bitcoin-tax-cryptocurrency-tax-bitcoin-price-cryptocurrencies-news/amp

Not sure if this is true, but those would be excellent news for crypto markets. Given the results of the last SEC meeting I would say it's possible because they were quite positive on crypto, and showed that they think crypto is here to stay, and they will not attempt to kill innovation, and are only concerned about scams and greedy people trying to take advantage of all this hype. I do believe we can already pay taxes with BTC in Japan, since its considered legal tender there. Since individual states in the US can pass different bills, maybe this is true. I sure hope so.
Sinistlercoin

Activity: 71

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:54:22 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2018, 07:13:28 PM by Sinistlercoin

First, why ask the question here?  Why not do the research yourself to see if this is a credible story?  It's a simple task.

Second, I did the research, and it appears to be a legit story.  However, the bill was passed by the Arizona senat, and still needs approval by the AZ house of representatives.

Third, the state of Arizona does not represent the US.  So your title is misleading.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:00:28 PM

I have read that story as well on coindesk and I assume it is confirmed.
Jeff Weninger, a Republican member of the Arizona House of Representatives said about that bill: 'It's one of a litany of bills that we're running that is sending a signal to everyone in the United States, and possibly throughout the world, that Arizona is going to be the place to be for blockchain and digital currency technology in the future'.

I think it is a clever idea. When you are convinced that crypto currencies will be a big part of tomorrows economy like Jeff Weninger does, it is natural that you want to have it in your state today.
There is no better way to advertise for crypto businesses to settle in your state than to connect crypto currencies to the authorities with a bill.

It's me!!!
bitvelk

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:15:09 PM

I don't know how true this news is, but most of all I wonder how it will happen in practice. What kind of person would voluntarily carry the money to the authorities and will have to pay taxes?

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
bitcoindian

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:24:59 PM

paying taxes in bitcoin govt  is going to make good money in crypto reserves
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:28:36 PM

Idea is okay since you have to pay taxes - they are high sometimes and that is what it is. Tho it is really hard to see who owns what amount of money given the fact that many people diverstify their cryptos on few addresses and what are we goig to do about those private related coins - such as XMR I can't see why would people come up to the gov and say I own XXXX Monero tax me!

paying taxes in bitcoin govt  is going to make good money in crypto reserves

Given the fact that they sold ceased bitcoins for auction I don't think that US gov is looking into stacking up their btc stash.
Vladv26

Activity: 321
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:38:44 PM

Probably this are just some fake news to boost the price of bitcoin after this big fall. I dont think governments would accept bitcoin as a payment method because it is to complicated and they would lose a pretty big percentage when they exchange the bitcoin into fiat. There is possible that a single city to accept bitcoin if the mayor works with bitcoin and knows how it works but even that is almost impossible to happen because they assume a big risk by doing this. As I said, exchanging the bitcoin would take a lot of fees and also they could loose some transactions because it is hard to prove that he sent the bitcoin

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
CryptoBeefy

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:42:40 PM

Whilst this is by no way confirmed, it would be good if it were to be true but I just don't see it yet. I can see regulations coming to cryptocurrencies and again, I think this will be a good thing.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:05:54 PM

Is it really OK to pay the taxes in bitcoin? Why not just pay it in USD as always, and hold your bitcoin? Your USD won't worth twice, three times or so more in a years time, but bitcoin could. So if you hold your bitcoins, and you think the price of the bitcoin will go up, it's better to pay the taxes in USD and save your coins. But, if you have to pay the tax when the bitcoin is overvalued, you can use it and after when a correction comes, you can buy back those bitcoins cheaper. So paying taxes in bitcoin seems a bit trading/gambling for me, you can win a lot and also lose a lot because of the bitcoin price...
TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 10:08:12 PM

Even though the money would be converted to fiat automatically, it would be really cool. If I lived in Arizona I would certainly pay my taxes in bitcoin.

Positivebetting
joeydangerous

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:13:07 PM

It's not like every government official can see who exactly is using the coins. I wouldn't worry on that unless you are trying to get your coins out from Coinbase.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
jeffer8035

Activity: 251

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:23:19 PM

that is very good for the bitcoin community, so governments get used to the future, although that inadvertent payable should be by intelligent contract so that the politicians do not steal it and go to their real destination, which are the services for the people and that the budgeted works are done and the money is not diverted to corrupts

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
perla

Activity: 1932
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:28:58 PM

If you pay taxes on bitcoin, it should be a good thing for bitcoin, which has already recognized bitcoin status, which is good for the long-term development of bitcoin.

true, at least they not said that bitcoin is illegal or the other bad thing about bitcoin. with taxes bitcoin can get regulated and people can feel safe to use or own bitcoin as asset for them

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
droptableguy2

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:30:51 PM

This really is a good sign for the crypto market and especially bitcoin. It demonstrates that the United States is advocating the use of bitcoin in community activities. I am really glad to know this.

neite99

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:34:52 PM

Not sure if this is true but in case this is true I would say that the Arizona state has officially made btc a legal payment method and it is a good thing for crypto world.
Encryptprince

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:42:58 PM

not sure but they should write on new regulation about bitcoin and cryptocurruncies  and that such only them allow pay taxis with crypto
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: