Bitcoin Forum
September 12, 2024, 04:24:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why we need price crashes and panic selloffs  (Read 1340 times)
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:20:57 PM

This is just a thought that occurred to me while reading some posts around here, feel free to discuss it or even criticize it. So if we want Bitcoin to rise in the future, we need it to crash first and many wannabe traders to sell off their coins at a loss when the price is low. If people don't close their positions in panic now and just wait out bad times, they simply won't let prices grow later because they will get out whenever the price rises just enough for them. But if they fix their losses, they will no longer have bitcoins to record minor profits and thus drag the price down in the future. As a consequence, the price can surge higher without a lot of selling pressure at bigger figures when the hype and buying frenzy begins anew.

The bottom line is that it is kinda required for Bitcoin to crash occasionally for the prices to rise higher eventually.

So you support some scapegoats to feed the sharks. 
As per your statement it appears as if it is good to sell to small innocent investors at high prices when their is bull phase.  And when huge money of small investos is engaged in the market then big sharks should start playing their cunning role. 
They immediately start selling at high prices and as a result prices start falling even crashing.  And as suggested by you; now strong hands should buy; who are strong hands again those big sharks. 
I think it is not sympathetic statement.  It may be good for you if you are a big investor but not good for small people like me.
Ryker1

Activity: 1932
Merit: 442

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:57:46 PM

The price crash is good as you have said and it is not new in cryptocurrency. It may only be prolonged in some cases as we currently have it. In this case, some people will lose by doing panic sale while some will make good gain by waiting till the end when another bull run will emerge.
I agree, we really need price crashes and panic sell, and also it's part of the cryptocurrency, so it's really inevitable. We need it to earn, we can still earn without big crashes, but we can earn big if there's price crashes. I guess it's up to you if you'll take advantage of it even if it's hard. And also you can just buy when the price crashes and wait till the price rise again to earn profit.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
indayburakday012

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:03:37 PM

This is just a thought that occurred to me while reading some posts around here, feel free to discuss it or even criticize it. So if we want Bitcoin to rise in the future, we need it to crash first and many wannabe traders to sell off their coins at a loss when the price is low. If people don't close their positions in panic now and just wait out bad times, they simply won't let prices grow later because they will get out whenever the price rises just enough for them. But if they fix their losses, they will no longer have bitcoins to record minor profits and thus drag the price down in the future. As a consequence, the price can surge higher without a lot of selling pressure at bigger figures when the hype and buying frenzy begins anew.

The bottom line is that it is kinda required for Bitcoin to crash occasionally for the prices to rise higher eventually.
Yeah you mean a kick off before going high in the sky just like the rockets flying high. As we all know it needs a countdown and usually the loudest countdown starts with 10 down to 1. So basically you can hear many rumors here that the countdown for market price kick off is almost there and one will going to regret if one will not going to invest now.
Abolaji11

Activity: 352
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 04:09:41 PM

I agree with you, the market need some crashes to redistribute coin from the weak hand who panic sell at every price crashes to the strong hand who believe in what they are holding and know surely the market will bounce back after every crashes.
Quehuongchenoi

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:07:34 AM

People who took out mortgage or took on leverage might go bankrupt due to the crashes. I daresay they won't like any crashes no matter how good it might be for the overall health of the market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  

Jump to: