Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:15:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: alibaba GPU's  (Read 246 times)
Estex (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:58:08 PM

I'm wondering if the GPU prices on Alibaba are legit? It's to good to be true lmao
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:28:34 PM

Lots and lots of Chinese knockoff junk.  Some have said that they work, but they aren't authentic and they won't perform as well as the real thing. 

In addition to that, I'm sure there is no warranty.  They would probably argue with you for a month about DOA, because that's how most sellers are on there.  Once they have your money, they don't give a shit.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
MarkAz

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:10:08 PM

Be careful of fake cards also - there are a bunch of places modifying the BIOS on older Nvidia cards, like 980's and older to report that they are GTX 1060's or similar.  You can pretty easily spot them because they look pretty different than other cards, typically have a VGA port on them (which I don't think any GTX 10xx does), and include a driver CD that you must use.
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:21:09 PM

Before ordering anything from alibaba you should be very careful and make sure to double , triple check and read  the reviews of the seller . All this in normal cases . And in cases that the price is too good to be true I would recommend  to just stay away . You will probably end up losing much much more than what you wanted to safe on prices . I know a lot of people who got burned from alibaba . Just pay the extra bucks and be safe  Wink .
Estex (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:26:06 PM

Thanks so far. Wasn't really about to order some crap from China just wanted to clarify this  Smiley
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:06:53 PM

Old generation GPUs with modded BIOSes and altered looks to make them seem like a real deal. Save your money Smiley

gotminer

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:17:12 PM

Old generation GPUs with modded BIOSes and altered looks to make them seem like a real deal. Save your money Smiley

Reminds me of the Chinese flash memory scam.  They alter the usb stick, sd card, ect to make a computer report that a 4gb or 8gb is really 128gb or something stupid.  I lost a few hundred dollars on a scam like that about 4 years ago. 

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:21:33 PM

They also have many 450W PSUs advertised as 1200W. Amazon and newegg do as well.  Read the reviews people. 
gotminer

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:23:27 PM

They also have many 450W PSUs advertised as 1200W. Amazon and newegg do as well.  Read the reviews people. 

Yeah, but the ones you see on Amazon and Newegg are resellers.  It's not that you're buying directly from Amazon or Newegg in those instances.  But yeah, watch what you're doing.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: