Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:26:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: all finished  (Read 13562 times)
waldohoover (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 02:56:57 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2015, 11:14:07 PM by waldohoover

all finished

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shurkken

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 06:55:55 PM

waldo

$6000/40=$150
eXme

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 07:32:46 AM

the miner is overclockable to 2.5 Thps. or more!

Best Bank for Bitcoins, under 12,500€ annonym Smiley https://banking.fidor.de/registrierung?ibid=52874443
Best Direct-Cash Market https://www.bitcoin.de/de/r/4879q2
hasher87

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 08:05:55 AM

if knc deliver, part of the profit will goes here!  Grin
001sonkit

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 11:37:57 AM

According to what I have heard, you seems to get a 10% off for your order since you ordered batch 1. (Looking at wald with shiny eyes and wonder if you will pass that offer to whoever partnered with you and 10% off us )

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
mrMIGHTY

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 02:42:39 PM

Guys, are you aware that the Difficulty in Jan'14 gonna be around 800 - 850 millions ..

I am not sure that we are going to make any profit. Of course this is my opinion, and you have the right not to belive me.

Choadmeyer

Activity: 495
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 05:44:44 PM

Guys, are you aware that the Difficulty in Jan'14 gonna be around 800 - 850 millions ..

I am not sure that we are going to make any profit. Of course this is my opinion, and you have the right not to belive me.

+1

If (that's a big if) the machine is mining Feb 1, break even is 87 days. Anything after that will be no ROI.

But that's always the story these days I guess. Even if you get in early... after the shipping delays, massive diff increases and a "better/faster" machine coming out every month (I'm sure there's a $1/GH machine around the corner), it's almost impossible to guarantee any kind of return.

But that's why this is supposed to be a hobby not a business, RIGHT?  Cheesy Wink Tongue

001sonkit

Activity: 784

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 02:30:01 AM

That is much more attractive, I will see how it goes and add the order in. Anyway this is a discounted price from them

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 04:24:59 PM

Hrmm.. to spice things up, let me introduce the "Big Hand Buy".

Buy 4 shares and I'll give you one on the house. That's right, 5 shares for the price of 4!  Cool

- This "deal" is only for Cointerra Batch #2 - Miner #1 (I may do some more stuff like this in the future if this gets attention)

Waldohoover, this BHB is still valid, right?
rustianto

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:05:01 AM

Buy 4 shares and I'll give you one on the house. That's right, 5 shares for the price of 4!  Cool

- This "deal" is only for Cointerra Batch #2 - Miner #1 (I may do some more stuff like this in the future if this gets attention)

No, that was before I lowered prices to 1.5- I'll edit that post now.

Waldo,

How many share left for this offer ?
So the new deal was 1.5 BTC ?  Shocked

Virgo
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 01:27:13 PM

waldo,

At your previous group buys (which I'm glad I'm part of) Share_Price x Number_Of_Shares where much closer to Miner_price, in this case it is
40 * 1.5 = 60BTC which is much, much more than 44BTC the miner costs. Is there any reason for this policy change, or am I missing something and there was no policy change?
itod
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 10:15:18 PM

Since this became a rant/ramble.. I will finalize with saying this: My prices may be a bit higher than before (or other GBs) because I can assure that I will be taking care of everyone more than the next person.

Oh boy, I didn't want to provoke such a bad mood, I've just noticed a change and suspected something like this. Don't worry waldo, I've spent weeks before committing to your other group buy and it was THE best offer on this forum, hands down. Some reasons are the exact one you are talking about, I've liked very much the fact spreadsheet for payout is already prepared, it shows many things about way you are doing these group buys. Don't think for a moment these things and prompt responses go unnoticed, there is a reason you've completed so many groups.

On the other hand, you have to understand that everybody considers that your "real world" troubles like hosting setup will be covered through hosting fee. I'm perfectly aware that's not enough and you want piece of every machine you've organized, and everything below certain percentage (don't want to bargain here so I wont mention any numbers) is very acceptable, but when the margin is so high like in this case myself (and probably some other people) are afraid we can make a mistake and fail to get much better deal someone else may or may not offer in near future. The whole point is for you to put that price difference margin at the point where one would not care about price difference and go for the other extras you were talking about.

Regarding the photos: Yes, I would like to see them but I would like much more to know in which city machines would be located. Some of my friends asked me where this mythical machine I was shareholder of is located, and I didn't know the answer and felt rather stupid about it  Grin

Hope I've explained why I've asked such a question and that I'll be a part of these next group buys. Keep up the great work.
itod
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:58:13 PM

edit: Just did a quick look in the group buy sub.. Is there someone offering a better deal for Batch #2 Cointerra shares currently?

Very small interest for Batch #2, probably delivery date makes people reluctant to think that far ahead. Only serious offer is:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=282645.0
1.2BTC for 1/50 share (40GH/s). They claim 30 of 50 shares sold.

Bitfury is getting all attention right now, scheduled to ship tons of chips in 3 days. Each chip 2.5-4GH/s, boards with 16 and 20 chips each available. Chip price 0.23BTC in reel of 3000. Standalone board 60GH/s 7-8BTC delivered almost immediately.
Dreamweaver

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Trying to find my way.

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 04:07:03 PM

Hey waldo, I was just curious: If at any point that these ASIC miners become unprofitable for BTC mining, would you considering mining any other SHA-256 coins with them? It'd make sense, but no group buy threads ever mention that whatsoever xD

BTC: 15hfE8dXf13Z1n5WQnpoF24Zr7G8Fv1Ghk
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 04:35:16 PM

waldo,

At your previous group buys (which I'm glad I'm part of) Share_Price x Number_Of_Shares where much closer to Miner_price, in this case it is
40 * 1.5 = 60BTC which is much, much more than 44BTC the miner costs. Is there any reason for this policy change, or am I missing something and there was no policy change?

Then I decided to build a custom server room for everyone, realized the worth of my time, effort and risk.. never mind the stress of it all Tongue

Only a handful of people understand all of the energy that is put into organizing and maintaining a GB- share holders only see "the cheapest price" and never see/understand what goes on the back end.

You (current and future investors) seem to be focused on how much I get a unit for and how much I sale a share for (which is good to know) but your decision should honestly be based off if this is a good deal or not? If it's not, then skip it. If it is, then join it.

Group buys are a dime a dozen. It's about who you can trust, who communicates, who is actually logical and thorough with their decisions. It's almost like having the same ASIC arms race but a junior division in regards to the gb coordinator. Meh, I've had a couple of people literally copy and paste my template then just undercut my price.. Which is fine, that's business, I guess. Honestly, if that was me, I would of just shot the GB guy a PM saying "Hey, I'm using your group buy template, is that cool?" - but there was no professionalism at all.

Those are the people I would avoid and not do business with. I am literally the biggest believer in karma and good vibes. I will not do you guys wrong and do everything in my power to be fair and make us all successful.

Since this became a rant/ramble.. I will finalize with saying this: My prices may be a bit higher than before (or other GBs) because I can assure that I will be taking care of everyone more than the next person. Some people want to pay the bare minimum and receive bare minimum service- that is not me. I am reachable almost any hour of the day- I am more than fair with my shareholders- I've made estimated calculators for earnings, websites for information and purchasing, spreadsheets that will calculate payouts for everyone publicly. Now, if you say, "I don't need that crap, I just want the cheapest price and pay me every 2 weeks" - that is MORE than understandable! There are other group buys that offer that.. but not I (unless I just also happen to be the lowest price and delivery awesome service Wink)

After these last few months I am now able to determine what my time and efforts are worth.

Hopefully that clears up some stuff..

tl;dr: You're paying a bit more because of a custom server room being built and my time/effort/energy but more importantly my risk factor  Cool

WH

edit: I've got my electrician coming in later today to draw out the box we're putting in the room Wink

Not sure if anyone even cares or is interested but I could always post some photos of the room, even though it's empty and boring Tongue
I see no problem with anything you have done here. Charging a little bit more than the machine costs gives you a cussion to get the right equipment and space, and incase of asshole refunds. pretty much SOP for these things.

If you decide not to build that server room, I would be happy to host your machines Tongue. JK, if you ever need any help I would be happy to chip in.
LittleD

Activity: 560

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 06:53:53 PM

No, that was before I lowered prices to 1.5- I'll edit that post now.

Waldo,

How many share left for this offer ?
So the new deal was 1.5 BTC ?  Shocked

Virgo

Virgo,

We've still got 35+ shares Smiley
are ther still 35 shares open ?
Thanks

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
itod
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 07:07:28 PM

are ther still 35 shares open ?
Thanks

Yes, still plenty available for this GB.  Cheesy

Waldo, adjust your signature  Wink
floatyfish

Activity: 373

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:08:26 PM

Hey WH,

I know you've talked about showing pictures of your server room before, would you be able to upload any pictures of it today?

If you feel like donating: 1NtgJf4znCsA5GJDCbqtowHL2143WyqLkC
Delmonger

Activity: 48

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:25:37 PM

+1

If (that's a big if) the machine is mining Feb 1, break even is 87 days. Anything after that will be no ROI.

But that's always the story these days I guess. Even if you get in early... after the shipping delays, massive diff increases and a "better/faster" machine coming out every month (I'm sure there's a $1/GH machine around the corner), it's almost impossible to guarantee any kind of return.

But that's why this is supposed to be a hobby not a business, RIGHT?  Cheesy Wink Tongue

I see people still don't consider price of the bitcoin...
floatyfish

Activity: 373

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 07:40:38 PM

NOTE* These are boring shots!  Grin

GoPro was giving me issues, DSLR isn't charged- had to settle for iPhone. I'll have better shots when the fun starts!

First shot is me attempting to get the whole area.

Quarter 1:

Quarter 2:

Side/Closet:

Subpanel will most likely be in the closet or between the closet and window.

Doesn't matter if they're boring, they prove that you're working on it, and that's what matters. KnC is shipping very soon, I'm quite excited about that!

If you feel like donating: 1NtgJf4znCsA5GJDCbqtowHL2143WyqLkC
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: