Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 04:36:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie question about TerraMiner II – 1TH/s, Networked Miner  (Read 856 times)
liquidboot (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 04:03:43 PM

Hello all!

question about TerraMiner II – 1TH/s, Networked Miner

I'm confused here whats the difference about networked miner compared to the monarch of butterfly or even the 500gh machine?

am i calculating it right on http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/ monthly profit is bad

help...lol
drinkmorecoffee

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 09:28:20 PM

I would read that to mean that it's got a network interface built in so it could communicate directly with your chosen pool.  With a USB miner like a Jally, Minirig or even a USB eruptor (not sure about the blades), you need to hook them up to a PC that's running a mining program like cgminer.  That program gets "work" from the pool and sends it to the mining core itself for hashing.  The miner responds to the software when it finds something, and the software relays this to the pool.

If my understanding is correct, the short version is that you can set this thing up and then just put it on the internet and forget about it.  You won't need a PC to maintain it (though you will probably need one for initial configuration).

As for monthly profit, I'm not aware of any miner that's currently available, will soon be available or honestly is even being developed that will break even.  Mining is good fun and it's great for the network security itself, but it's not something that will make you any money at this point. 

(Full disclosure: I have two miners running and 4 more on order.  Ordered them a long time ago, before the difficulty went stratospheric.  I don't expect to get anywhere close to my initial investment.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: