Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:35:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin volatility prevent adoption?  (Read 670 times)
Kelvinid

Activity: 2800
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:23:01 PM

Volatility is not obstacle for adoption of Bitcoin but it is the issue for Bitcoin to become mainstream currency.
But to be completely honest volatility is also something that made Bitcoin popular and something that traders live from.
Still I don't think that Bitcoin needs to become mainstream and that volatility needs to be something that can block Bitcoin from further development. Volatility is something that is natural characteristic of Bitcoin and we have to accept it.

Right.We can't change its volatility character since it's there from the birth of bitcoin.Besides,volatility is the main reason why people in bitcoin community have become rich already.It's the thing that made them thrilled every minute.So i guess nothing's wrong with volatility,it may drop the price suddenly but i'm sure it will not stay longer in that low price.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:44:30 PM

Well, sometimes i am a little scared about putting money into bitcoin because of the volatility, but it is true that in most cases we all are gonna earn money out of it.

That is why i think that volatility is a key into it, i like bitcoin, with all it's features.
lopez cryptomania

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:40:45 AM

At first with things unregulated maybe but eventually the price will not be as volatile. Especially with companies like this one https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3085831.0  who is going to probably lessen volatility with the first arbitrage exchange. The more trading that happens bw price differences in exchanges the less of a price volatility for the market which will actually welcome more ppl into crypto with a more controlled and attractive level of volatility. At least that's the aim, check it out.
spongegar

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:48:38 AM

If i were a business man, why would i adopt Bitcoin as a currency to my customers if the price of Bitcoin itself is not stable? I would much rather choose fiat, which has a set value and the dips and rises are inconsequential. But u believe that after peopke realize that we need to hold on to our Bitcoin and not just sell at the first sign of a dip then we could see a more stable coin for us to use the future.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:58:21 PM

Big volatility of bitcoin is still the main problem, due to which states treat it with caution and even with some hostility. The last increase of bitcoin in December last year presented bitcoin as a financial bubble and therefore many states began to warn their citizens about the greater risks of investing in bitcoin. This also serves as a big obstacle to the full legalization of the crypto currency.

It depends from person to person for a guy who needs quick profit volatility is great for him in order to make a quick profit if he knows what he's doing depending on the current market.
Whereas for a person who wants to invest in technology and wants to use bitcoin without any ups and down then it will be hard for him to adopt bitcoin for very long.
Falmera

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:14:17 AM

Many people do not want volatility and deflation system, but how can bitcoin operate smoothly if these system will not apply? Bitcoin cannot move a long life operation if volatility and deflation will not apply. It is the way on how the management provide a good balance system between users and operators.
I agree fellow. Bitcoin's nature which is the volatility of its price is the one making it usable. People can invest bitcoin because of its volatility. So if it will be just like the fiat currency we can still invest them but the assurance as to its high profit is of low probability.

ORVIUM            Open and Transparent Science
『 https://orvium.io/ 』   Powered By Blockchain
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:02:24 PM

I do not think it will change anything even vice versa when bitcoin volatility goes up there will be more countries that want to adopt bitcoin for the benefit of their own country.
Averim

Activity: 515
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:24:58 PM

The volatility of bitcoin is the charm that bring more and more people in the cryptocurrency market, so i believe the volatility is a positive thing.
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:49:03 PM

I do not think that volatility can prevent the BTC adoption. When a guy understands that he can make money on it, he will definitely invest in Bitcoin.
pkmoney

Activity: 205
Merit: 29

Love yourself.

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:34:47 PM

Bitcoin is introduced as a payment system while we are taking it as investment. That's why price is highly votalile.
So, if Bitcoin ever be used as a payment system, it will be stable and many people will adopt it.

I do not think that volatility can prevent the BTC adoption. When a guy understands that he can make money on it, he will definitely invest in Bitcoin.
Adoption and investment are two different things.
Lot of people may invest for having profit but as long as we are not willing to buy/sell goods with bitcoin, it will not be adoption.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
KorakPawon

Merit: 11

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:03:48 PM

I do not think that even when some countries legalize bitcoin then adoption will be possible and why to get the government to benefit from people using bitcoin.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:39:20 PM

The volatility of bitcoin is the charm that bring more and more people in the cryptocurrency market, so i believe the volatility is a positive thing.

You know what I find very interesting? It's how people look at Bitcoin and its volatility. One day people put the blame on the volatility for not allowing Bitcoin to be used as currency, and the next day they praise the volatility because it attracts liquidity. In both cases there are pros and cons that you can point out, but in all cases the cons never outweigh the pros. People are acting like a hypocrite when they blame the volatility, because even if the volatility wouldn't be as severe, the incentive to use Bitcoin as currency still isn't there. In other words, with or without volatility, people won't be spending their coins, which all comes down to Bitcoin's long term potential. You don't spend $1000 worth of Bitcoin today when you know that next month or next year your coins are worth way more....
Pandu Gleen

Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:54:17 PM

True, if outside audiences know Bitcoin can be used to invest or save, I think they will enthusiastic to learn and start investing in Bitcoin.
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:09:13 PM

Bitcoin is introduced as a payment system while we are taking it as investment. That's why price is highly votalile.
So, if Bitcoin ever be used as a payment system, it will be stable and many people will adopt it.

Adoption and investment are two different things.
Lot of people may invest for having profit but as long as we are not willing to buy/sell goods with bitcoin, it will not be adoption.
Let’s just see it this way that it is an investment at the moment but will become a medium of exchange someday. The reason is its volatility. People think that it can be a hindrance for a large scale adoption but this is the sole reason why many big whales embraced this currency. Definitely, earning ample profits is far better than enjoying a new payment way. Besides, if not now then someday, BTC will be just a currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: