Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:35:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Changelly SCAMMED me today. Read the FACTS here.  (Read 191 times)
zeusk (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:02:33 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 09:54:32 AM by zeusk
Merited by scambust (1)

I tried to do a Bitcoin to Litecoin exchange today through Changelly.com, and this is how it went.
Changelly received my Bitcoins within a few minutes but yet their system was saying "Awaiting payment". Which i thought was weird. So I waited for a couple of more confirmations. At this point on the blockchain, my transaction had 4 confirmations, so i proceeded to contact their support team.
Their response was there was a technical issue. I asked them what the issue was and they used the "there is a technical issue with Bitcoin" excuse, which is impossible because the mempool is clear and Bitcoin transactions are working flawlessly. I got freaked out and asked for a refund because i checked the google reviews and there were tons of "Changelly is a scam" posts across the net.
At this point the support team asked for my Bitcoin address, which i gave them. But it has nearly been 24 hours and nothing has been refunded.
They are now ignoring all my support tickets and the more i read online, the more i realize changelly is a scam. I trusted Charlie (Shrem) because he recommended this company to me personally. It's a shame they are tarnishing so many good peoples names over a few bitcoin here and there.

TLDR : Changelly have scammed me for a considerable amount of Bitcoin and are now ignoring me.

PS. I will update this community as soon as i get an update. If im mistaken, il admit it. But as of now, Changelly.com is 100% a scam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3421

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 07:22:46 AM
Merited by Nivir (2), scambust (1)

I got freaked out and asked for a refund because i checked the google reviews and there were tons of "Changelly is a scam" posts across the net.
They are now ignoring all my support tickets and the more i read online, the more i realize changelly is a scam.
You should've done your research prior to using it. There's a lot of complaints against them (recently) and with a simple search for their account here "Changelly", you'll end up seeing the negative review/feedback given by others.

But it has nearly been 24 hours and nothing has been refunded.
Based on my observation: Whenever there's an issue, it takes more than 24 hrs for them to fix it.

Given how recent events are folding, I no longer trust them.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
zeusk (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:32:28 AM

Yes, i accept i should of done more research. But FFS, Charlie Shrem himself recommended these cowboys. Based on Charlie's word, i trusted them. It's disgusting how they are ruining a decent person's name and legacy. I was naive to follow someone i respect so blindly. Shame on me!

But i will not stop until Changelly.com is out of business. The more i read into this company, the more i realize they need to be shuttered asap.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:33:01 AM

I tried to do a Bitcoin to Litecoin exchange today through Changelly.com, and this is how it went.
Changelly received my Bitcoins within a few minutes but yet their system was saying "Awaiting payment". Which i thought was weird. So I waited for a couple of more confirmations. At this point on the blockchain, my transaction had 4 confirmations, so i proceeded to contact their support team.
Their response was there was a technical issue. I asked them what the issue was and they used the "there is a technical issue with Bitcoin" excuse, which is impossible because the mempool is clear and Bitcoin transactions are working flawlessly. I got freaked out and asked for a refund because i checked the google reviews and there were tons of "Changelly is a scam" posts across the net.
At this point the support team asked for my Bitcoin address, which i gave them. But it has nearly been 24 hours and nothing has been refunded.
They are now ignoring all my support tickets and the more i read online, the more i realize changelly is a scam. I trusted Charlie (Shrem) because he recommended this company to me personally. It's a shame they are tarnishing so many good peoples names over a few bitcoin here and there.

TLDR : Changelly have scammed for a considerable amount of Bitcoin and are now ignoring me.

PS. I will update this community as soon as i get an update. If im mistaken, il admit it. But as of now, Changelly.com is 100% a scam.

It's a good thing that you've understood that you've indeed gotten ripped off by changelly.

It also seems like that they are selectively scamming users out of their money. Only the larger trasnactions ever get delayed and the smaller transactions rarely have any issues. And they always come up with excuse after excuse.

If they're not responding to you via support emails, then try posting a message on their reddit channel: https://www.reddit.com/r/Changelly/

Based on other people's past experiences, they are much more likely to respond if you reach out via a social platform because they have pressure to resolve your complaint asap.
zeusk (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:41:30 AM

TLDR : Changelly have scammed for a considerable amount of Bitcoin and are now ignoring me.

It's a good thing that you've understood that you've indeed gotten ripped off by changelly.

It also seems like that they are selectively scamming users out of their money. Only the larger trasnactions ever get delayed and the smaller transactions rarely have any issues. And they always come up with excuse after excuse.

If they're not responding to you via support emails, then try posting a message on their reddit channel: https://www.reddit.com/r/Changelly/

Based on other people's past experiences, they are much more likely to respond if you reach out via a social platform because they have pressure to resolve your complaint asap.

Yes, i will hound them on social media for eternity. There is no way they will get away with scamming me or anyone else for that fact. I will not forget this. It's just sad Charlie's name has to be dragged into the huge fallout that will ensue over Changelly's scamming ways.
zeusk (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:48:11 AM

Reading this makes me want to rip my hair out! Changelly are literally as bad as MT Gox. One day they too will run away with everyones money.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/changelly.com
scambust
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:51:16 AM

Good grief! Glad I read this thread today. I was considering using Changelly for quite some time.
And now I'll tweet about this issue. https://twitter.com/scambust/status/963002123687313409

Look at the complaints
https://www.reddit.com/r/Changelly/

If it walks like a duck....

Traderpolo212

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:27:45 PM

those last three days i changed 8500 ripple to bitcoin in changelly and everything was perfect I do not think it is scam you must have  patience they will solve your problem
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3421

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 04:59:40 AM

But FFS, Charlie Shrem himself recommended these cowboys. Based on Charlie's word, i trusted them.
He works with them. He's their "business development advisor".

Proof 1
Proof 2

More can be found easily.

One day they too will run away with everyones money.
Agreed. When an exchange platform performs the way they do (for the past year), they should be considered as a red flag.
Having said that, they used to be good in the earlier days but that's no longer the case (constant complaints here and there).

It appears your issue, has been fixed.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
magneto

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:26:03 AM

Yup, OP's issues are resolved, thankfully everything turned out to be fixed at the end.

Don't use them again, though. Don't use some service just because some guy is endorsing it, especially if you can't hold him liable for any losses that you may incur through the usage of any of these services.

Changelly's service standards have fallen off drastically ever since they first started working. When they first started they were amazing.

Anyways, seems like there are two most efficient ways of getting your issues resolved at the moment with changelly: open a reddit thread or open a trustpilot review.
dogbackwards

Activity: 274
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:39:08 AM

I personally do not like Changelly.

Back in august I sent them a substantial amount of XRP, and forgot the destination tag when I sent it. I could clearly see that they received it in their wallet which I sent it too. But when I asked support they essentially mocked me and told me that it's my problem now, and not theirs and they would do NOTHING to help me. They were also EXTREMELY rude about it.

I mean everyone makes mistakes, they could of easily just sent me the coins, but  they just pocketed them for themselves.
magneto

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:56:01 AM

I personally do not like Changelly.

Back in august I sent them a substantial amount of XRP, and forgot the destination tag when I sent it. I could clearly see that they received it in their wallet which I sent it too. But when I asked support they essentially mocked me and told me that it's my problem now, and not theirs and they would do NOTHING to help me. They were also EXTREMELY rude about it.

I mean everyone makes mistakes, they could of easily just sent me the coins, but  they just pocketed them for themselves.

Yeah, that kind of attitude doesn't really help. If you ever get that kind of response from them, make sure you do expose them on social media.

Not only will you get a full on apology, you'll probably get your issue looked into more substantially than if you have stayed silent. Changelly's PR officers are doing a much better job than the support people, to be honest.

Forgetting payment IDs are your fault in the begnning though, doesn't mean they can just not assist you in any way.

Anyways, now everyone's learned a lesson, use another service like shapeshift, or use a reputable exchange instead of Changelly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: