Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:26:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: virtual world that goes along with Bitcoin..?  (Read 2859 times)
uyjulian (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 06:17:00 PM

I feel like there should be a decentralized virtual world that goes with Bitcoin... what do you guys think...?
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
steban

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 06:22:31 PM

a decentralized virtual world, interesting.
shadizzle

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 06:25:47 PM

I could see it easily...... after a few hits of LSD Tongue
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 06:26:01 PM

Like the Matrix?  Count me in!!

RoadToHell

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 06:38:30 PM

I feel like there should be a decentralized virtual world that goes with Bitcoin... what do you guys think...?
I thought that's what bitcointalk.org was for.   Cheesy

Sam Spade: We were talking about a lot more money than this.
Kasper Gutman: Yes, sir, we were, but this is genuine coin of the realm. With a dollar of this, you can buy ten dollars of talk.
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 06:42:18 PM

I thought that's what bitcointalk.org was for.   Cheesy

LOL!  Cheesy
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 06:42:47 PM

http://www.dragons.tl/ ?

You can theoretically buy a high-level account for the Treasures bonus, and work at compiling data on mechanics and statistics to "sell" in exchange for mentorship over students, slowly releasing that data to them for continued Treasures points. Since the Treasures bonus can be withdrawn for direct BTC, this could be considered an actual job with enough students, and there are people clearing an 8BTC bonus weekly. I don't know of anyone who doesn't just gamble it back away, though.  Cheesy

The devs could probably be enticed to add more SL-like VR stuff to the game, to change it more from a gambling platform to a weird VR.
uyjulian (OP)

Activity: 55

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:57:17 PM

You can theoretically buy a high-level account for the Treasures bonus, and work at compiling data on mechanics and statistics to "sell" in exchange for mentorship over students, slowly releasing that data to them for continued Treasures points. Since the Treasures bonus can be withdrawn for direct BTC, this could be considered an actual job with enough students, and there are people clearing an 8BTC bonus weekly. I don't know of anyone who doesn't just gamble it back away, though.  Cheesy

The devs could probably be enticed to add more SL-like VR stuff to the game, to change it more from a gambling platform to a weird VR.

Excuse me..?
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 08:02:03 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2013, 08:15:17 PM by Kluge

Excuse me..?
?

ETA: Oh - jargon. Treasures are accumulated by mentoring students. When students bet, the mentor gets a cut (the formula is something like mentor bonus [based on in-game level] minus student bonus -- and this is multi-level, so if your student mentors other students, you can also get a cut of their students' bets). The game's mechanics and statistical information for what happens in certain games is mostly unpublished, but a mentor could collect this information and use it to try gaining students. A mentor does not necessarily need to bet anything to accumulate "Dragon Treasures." At 100% "Treasures," the mentor is able to collect 8BTC. Theoretically, there's nothing stopping a mentor from simply working and never touching the gambling side, where they "sell" the information they collected to students in exchange for those students selecting the information-collector as a mentor. This could be considered a job if the mentor does not gamble his "Treasure," but instead just withdraws it to a wallet. Most (all?) mentors choose to gamble in part because they can only raise their in-game level (and thus the % cut they get from students "Treasures") by gambling.

(Just in case: SL - Second Life, VR - Virtual Reality)
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 08:06:47 PM

A Second Life grid where the Avatar's wallet is integrated into the world?

I try to be respectful and informed.
xxjs

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:41:11 PM

A pair of sneakers: virtual shoes
Bus trip: virtual transport
All included hotel: virtual vacation
Electric car: virtual car
Environmentalism: virtual moral
Tomahawk: virtual love
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:43:07 PM

A world with 10 minute lag???
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:45:33 PM

Don't be dense. They'd use off-chain transactions.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:52:26 PM

U missed "decentralized". Off-chain = centralized.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 02:37:52 AM

U missed "decentralized". Off-chain = centralized.
Oh. This thread makes a lot more sense to me, now.  Embarrassed
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 07:01:25 AM

I always thought that BTC would be a natural inworld currency for OpenSim. So far, no integration. And it seems to be shedding participants faster than SL.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4481

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 03:07:48 PM

think of any game where you can give other users items, packs, gifts, whatever. and they have a conversation/chatbox.. that is the only 2 requirements of any game being used as a decentralised bitcoin game.

example

User 1
"Im looking for golden wings to fly to magic mountain"

User 2
"I have them it will cost you 0.01BTC please send to 1RanDomBitcoinAddress, and they're yours"

User 1
funds sent via bitcoin QT/blockchain.info/armory

User 2
checks his bitcoin client, tabs back into the game. sends gift

- games do not need any additional function other than a chat box and a gift sent option -

so think of any game with those two options and you have a decentralised bitcoin merchant game

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 07:13:12 PM

so think of any game with those two options and you have a decentralised bitcoin merchant game

Decentralized virtual world means a virtual world without a server, without an operator.
Kris
Donator

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 07:59:50 PM

We can all buy this as well.

https://www.oculusvr.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: