Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:09:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The mechanics of orders  (Read 102 times)
carldouglas (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:48:59 AM

Dear All,

This question may seem noob to some, but so be it Smiley

If I ask to buy way higher than the current best ask price, I will still be filled at the lowest price, am I right?
And reversely, if I ask to sell way lower, I will be filled at the highest bid price(s), true?

Alot of exchanges don´t have market price that you can buy for, and if things move very fast, I need to put a higher price than the actual one when I buy, and the other way around. I get the feeling sometimes that when selling, my order is matched against some people way down in the order book below the best bids if I say I agree to sell like at 75 % under the current price, which I do to make it 100 % sure that I´ll get rid of what I´ve bought.
But perhaps it´s just the orderbook which has very few entries at the highest bid price...

Some clarification would be very useful.

Thanks in advance!
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:55:45 AM

That is my understanding.  And yes when it's moving quickly you have to go deeper into the order book for large orders otherwise you can have an order left open.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
carldouglas (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:09:40 AM

That is my understanding.  And yes when it's moving quickly you have to go deeper into the order book for large orders otherwise you can have an order left open.

Thanks, so nomatter how low I set my stop price when selling, I´ll still get the best possible price, in accordance with the highest bids and their volumes in the order book, right?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: